Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

TEALIT TOILET!

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

TEALIT TOILET!

Postby Craig0928 » 16 May 2012, 23:21

Ahhh! I just got it! After all these years....
In March 2006, when I was teaching in Korea, I decided to take a crack at Taiwan to see if the teaching situation was better. And I discovered a website called TEALIT... Strange name, even after it is explained that it stands for Teaching Eng and Living in Taiwan....

But over the years, I always felt that TEALIT continued to sound strange... Now I know why... It is similar to the word 'TOILET'...

Yeah, perhaps if marketing people got hold of it, they wouldn't have ever used that name...

Craig0928
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)

Re: TEALIT TOILET!

Postby Enigma » 28 May 2012, 20:17

6 years and a new discovery? Everybody that has been in Taiwan more that 10 days . . . . awww hell, I'm just blowing steam but try to find anybody that's been in Taiwan for even a few weeks that hasn't been banned. If not banned, then realized that the site has nothing to offer and most have a better rhymed name for Tealit.
Enigma
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Enigma » 28 May 2012, 20:19

6 years and a new discovery? Everybody that has been in Taiwan more that 10 days . . . . awww hell, I'm just blowing steam but try to find anybody that's been in Taiwan for even a few weeks that hasn't been banned. If not banned, then realized that the site has nothing to offer and most have a better rhymed name for Tealit.
Enigma

15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 28 May 2012, 20:44

Craig0928 wrote:Ahhh! I just got it! After all these years....
In March 2006, when I was teaching in Korea, I decided to take a crack at Taiwan to see if the teaching situation was better. And I discovered a website called TEALIT... Strange name, even after it is explained that it stands for Teaching Eng and Living in Taiwan....

But over the years, I always felt that TEALIT continued to sound strange... Now I know why... It is similar to the word 'TOILET'...

Yeah, perhaps if marketing people got hold of it, they wouldn't have ever used that name...

The 8 year old boy across the hall is banging on my door. I think he wants his joke back.
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

91 Recommends(s)
447 Recognized(s)

Postby Craig0928 » 28 May 2012, 21:29

Deuce Dropper wrote:The 8 year old boy across the hall is banging on my door. I think he wants his joke back.

So does this mean that your son came to the conscious conclusion that it sounds like 'TOILET' a long time before me?

Funny other poster mentioned people being banned on TEALIT... Yeah, I am also banned. I put up a WORK WANTED post (in 2007) when I had been in Taiwan for about a year, that mentioned: 'if you only care about money and not education, then I would not want to work for such company' (I was really green about teaching back then!) And I was then promptly banned from TEALIT... I've known others that have been banned as well... My god, don't say anything negative against Taiwan.... All hell will break lose...
Craig0928
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Open Forum