Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

God Save the Queen

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: God Save the Queen

Postby TheGingerMan » 01 Jun 2012, 20:44

Shocked and amazed to see so many of the disUnited Kingdom, and a few of the former dominions expressing such forceful distaste!

I'm also of a former dominion, and served in a wide variety of roles when the element of the Crown has either been a pledge or a visit by one of its servants or indeed not a few ceremonies. And while I think we should have our own Queen, I still have not given up entirely on the vestiges of the British Empire. Which would well include historical ties to the many houses.
Though I have long had doubts about the House Of Wind Sore. But being such freaks of German lineage, I guess I hold a grudging admiration.

As for the poms, it gives them something to whinge about, does it not? Endless drooling fixation with whatever a royal sod does.
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)

4 Recommends(s)
229 Recognized(s)

Postby Petrichor » 02 Jun 2012, 06:00

Those of you criticising the Queen better watch out.

I think she's okay. It's some achievement getting through an entire lifetime without ever saying anything stupid or embarrassing. Something I'd never be able to do (and none of her family have managed either).
Use what talents you possess: The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

http://talesfromthebeautifulisle.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Petrichor
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

84 Recommends(s)
86 Recognized(s)

Postby Hamletintaiwan » 02 Jun 2012, 08:08

I once dressed for a toga party. Still had to make a phone call and the lifestyle of an emperor became very graphic to me.
One person was holding my phone, another the ear mouth piece and I dialled the number with my last finger available.
By the way, that call earned me about 3000 German marks.

Now look at the picture above again and this time more carefully. Especially that white glove making sure that the one and only one finger she is using doesn't get dirty.
I could get used to living a life like that believe me.
Forumosan avatar
Hamletintaiwan
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

7 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Re: Re: God Save the Queen

Postby greenmark » 02 Jun 2012, 08:26

Petrichor wrote:Those of you criticising the Queen better watch out.

I think she's okay. It's some achievement getting through an entire lifetime without ever saying anything stupid or embarrassing. Something I'd never be able to do (and none of her family have managed either).

God Save Prince Philip
greenmark
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

4 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby superking » 02 Jun 2012, 08:47

Gotta LOVE the queen.

The rest of ya, get the fuck over it. Go eat some pesticide drenched pineapple and kill a couple of mosquitoes. We is gonna PARTY like it is 1952, or whatever. Jubilee chicken, jubilee beer, jubilee whatever.

JUBILEE!!!!!

Oh and then we are gonna BATTER the saffas at cricket. LOVE IT.
There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people is an extra. They're all leads in their own stories.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
superking
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

91 Recommends(s)
330 Recognized(s)

Postby Hamletintaiwan » 02 Jun 2012, 09:47

I am an atheist and a democrat.
In other words, I don't believe in god neither do I believe in monarchies.

A sentence like, 'god save the queen' translates into my world like bullshit taking care of bullshit which logically can only result in even more bullshit.

I like that lady with the purple hat though.
Forumosan avatar
Hamletintaiwan

7 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby superking » 02 Jun 2012, 09:54

There is nothing more boring or predictable in the modern world than an atheist. What the fuck have atheists got to live for? At least be an agnostic or something.

"Oh, I am an atheist."
"Holy fuck, I suppose you want to talk about religion."
There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people is an extra. They're all leads in their own stories.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
superking

91 Recommends(s)
330 Recognized(s)

Postby Hamletintaiwan » 02 Jun 2012, 10:39

superking wrote: What the fuck have atheists got to live for?

I suppose we just live trying to figure it out. Cherishing life instead of wasting it in the hope for a better afterlife.

Behind all religion is a big deal of the ultimate egoism. It's very difficult to accept that one might cease to exist.

But completely denying the fact that this might be the case is in my opinion completely insane and comes along with things like putting other human beings into a god like status and dying for that idea.
Just look at the picture above.
Forumosan avatar
Hamletintaiwan

7 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby superking » 02 Jun 2012, 10:52

Hamletintaiwan wrote:
superking wrote: What the fuck have atheists got to live for?

I suppose we just live trying to figure it out. Cherishing life instead of wasting it in the hope for a better afterlife.

Behind all religion is a big deal of the ultimate egoism. It's very difficult to accept that one might cease to exist.

But completely denying the fact that this might be the case is in my opinion completely insane and comes along with things like putting other human beings into a god like status and dying for that idea.
Just look at the picture above.

See. Atheists just wanna talk about religion. You just have a different spin on the same conversation. :D

I'm athBORINGist. I think talking about religion in any way is boring, though I realise the ironic fact that I am now actively boring myself by defining my thoughts.

Anyway, the QUEEN is awesome. I'm fully behind getting caught up in loving history.

superking

91 Recommends(s)
330 Recognized(s)

Postby Hamletintaiwan » 02 Jun 2012, 19:41

superking wrote:
Anyway, the QUEEN is awesome. I'm fully behind getting caught up in loving history.

Loving or ignoring history?

Anyhow, you have the right to loving your whatever, but, if you don't like hearing other opinions then don't start a thread in a public forum expressing your love.
Rent some private server and post your page there without the option for anyone posting a reply or comment.

edit; oops! sorry! you didn't start this thread.
Forumosan avatar
Hamletintaiwan

7 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Open Forum