While At Incheon

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

While At Incheon

Postby Kerouac77 » 21 Jun 2012, 20:50

on my way to Taiwan with my Taiwanese wife and 2 girls for a vacation some strange things happened. First there was a middle aged Chinese guy behind us laying down with his hat over his face. He peeks out from under his hat and begins to whistle the Star Spangled Banner. Strange that because how did he even know I was American. I could have been many different nationalities. No American flag pin on my lapel. Here's where it gets bad though. 2 Chinese guys sit down beside us. Star staring at my kids with a snarl on their faces and saying that my kids should be chained up like dogs because they're mixed. Now my wife is getting nervous because she knows I'm not letting this continue. I go sit across from them and start staring at them. They notice it then realize I understood what they said. I then lean forward and motion for them to do the same. I then say, " Hey see those 2 little girls? Those are your sisters. I got your Mothers pregnant while on a business trip a few years back". The snarl returns to their faces. I then ask if they'd like to step into the restroom and settle this. They got up and moved. Everyone else sitting around was looking at my kids and smiling and being so nice. Not many people there that day. The only 3 Chinese I could spot caused trouble. Strange.
Kerouac77
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: While At Incheon

Postby tommy525 » 22 Jun 2012, 01:47

mainland chinese? not known for much friendliness or PC attitudes are they in general.
the driveller - tommy525
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

477 Recommends(s)
315 Recognized(s)

Postby housecat » 22 Jun 2012, 07:13

Where were you? And sorry that happened to you.
Forumosan avatar
housecat
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

95 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby Kerouac77 » 22 Jun 2012, 19:54

I was at Incheon Airport in Korea on my way to Taiwan for a vacation. Spent most the summer in Taiwan and had a wonderful time. Been longing to go back again!
Kerouac77

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby psidriven » 23 Jun 2012, 01:25

Glad you stood up for your kids. People need to learn a little common courtesy.
psidriven
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

x

Return to Open Forum