Is Religious Male Circumcision Still Denied In Taiwan Hospitals?

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: Is Religious Male Circumcision Still Denied In Taiwan Hospitals?

Postby divea » 29 Jun 2012, 17:23

johnny138 wrote:
divea wrote:Crap. Parents do not make decisions for their children. They enable them, to make right decisions for themselves.


And they make decisions for them until they can make their own.


Like what?
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 00:45
Location: In the land of Ambrosia
362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)



Re: Is Religious Male Circumcision Still Denied In Taiwan Hospitals?

Postby sandman » 29 Jun 2012, 17:26

divea wrote:
johnny138 wrote:
divea wrote:Crap. Parents do not make decisions for their children. They enable them, to make right decisions for themselves.


And they make decisions for them until they can make their own.


Like what?

"You, my little man, are going to go through life as little Johnny half-willy. Because I can make it so."
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)
 
Posts: 30176
Joined: 04 Jun 2001, 16:01
28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)



Re: Is Religious Male Circumcision Still Denied In Taiwan Hospitals?

Postby Confuzius » 29 Jun 2012, 17:34

divea wrote:
johnny138 wrote:
divea wrote:Crap. Parents do not make decisions for their children. They enable them, to make right decisions for themselves.


And they make decisions for them until they can make their own.


Like what?


You serious????

where to go to school
to go to school
what to eat
often, what to wear
chores
to do their homework
brush their teeth
take out the garbage
wipe their ass
where to live
how to talk
to go to bed at a certain time

Could name many more. Unless, of course, someone is an idiot hippy and raises total loser children.
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
 
Posts: 1524
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 08:09
113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)



Re: Is Religious Male Circumcision Still Denied In Taiwan Hospitals?

Postby divea » 29 Jun 2012, 17:47

Everything you mentioned are duties and not decisions. It is your bloody duty to wipe you kid's arse , feed him and send him to school. Give him up for adoption if you don't want to do any of those things. We don't betroth them at age 3 because we want them to grow up and make that decision, ditto with paying his college tuition fee in an engineer's course. we want them to grow up and choose what to to be proficient in.
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 00:45
Location: In the land of Ambrosia
362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)



Re: Re: Is Religious Male Circumcision Still Denied In Taiwan Hospitals?

Postby cfimages » 29 Jun 2012, 17:47

Confuzius wrote:
divea wrote:
johnny138 wrote:
divea wrote:Crap. Parents do not make decisions for their children. They enable them, to make right decisions for themselves.


And they make decisions for them until they can make their own.


Like what?


You serious????

where to go to school
to go to school
what to eat
often, what to wear
chores
to do their homework
brush their teeth
take out the garbage
wipe their ass
where to live
how to talk
to go to bed at a certain time

Could name many more. Unless, of course, someone is an idiot hippy and raises total loser children.


None of which involves the completely unnecessary and irreversible removal of body parts.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
 
Posts: 8727
Joined: 30 Oct 2005, 15:39
Location: Across from the other side of the road
189 Recommends(s)
192 Recognized(s)



Re: Is Religious Male Circumcision Still Denied In Taiwan Hospitals?

Postby Confuzius » 29 Jun 2012, 17:55

divea wrote:Everything you mentioned are duties and not decisions. It is your bloody duty to wipe you kid's arse , feed him and send him to school. Give him up for adoption if you don't want to do any of those things. We don't betroth them at age 3 because we want them to grow up and make that decision, ditto with paying his college tuition fee in an engineer's course. we want them to grow up and choose what to to be proficient in.


You need to actually read a post before commenting (well, it is simply nice to do so, wastes useless back and forths...like this one)

where to live-not a duty

where to go to school-not a duty

when to go to bed-not a duty

too tired and don't care enough to go through the others, actually read them all next time before you say "everything". Thanks in advance.
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
 
Posts: 1524
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 08:09
113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)



Re: Re: Is Religious Male Circumcision Still Denied In Taiwan Hospitals?

Postby Confuzius » 29 Jun 2012, 17:56

cfimages wrote:
Confuzius wrote:
divea wrote:
johnny138 wrote:
divea wrote:Crap. Parents do not make decisions for their children. They enable them, to make right decisions for themselves.


And they make decisions for them until they can make their own.


Like what?


You serious????

where to go to school
to go to school
what to eat
often, what to wear
chores
to do their homework
brush their teeth
take out the garbage
wipe their ass
where to live
how to talk
to go to bed at a certain time

Could name many more. Unless, of course, someone is an idiot hippy and raises total loser children.


None of which involves the completely unnecessary and irreversible removal of body parts.


divea asked, I answered. A useless detour in this conversation, perhaps, one which has little to do with the actual discussion, but I didn't start that ball rolling...
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
 
Posts: 1524
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 08:09
113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)



Re: Is Religious Male Circumcision Still Denied In Taiwan Hospitals?

Postby johnny138 » 29 Jun 2012, 18:04

divea wrote:Everything you mentioned are duties and not decisions. It is your bloody duty to wipe you kid's arse , feed him and send him to school. Give him up for adoption if you don't want to do any of those things. We don't betroth them at age 3 because we want them to grow up and make that decision, ditto with paying his college tuition fee in an engineer's course. we want them to grow up and choose what to to be proficient in.


It's also a parent's responsibility to raise their kids morally and teach them ethics. For some of us, that is done in our religious traditions and that's where it's going to stay whether those who disagree like it or not.

The question the OP raised is based on religious freedom. Recognizing another person's freedom doesn't mean a thing unless it's something you personally disagree with. That's where the real test of freedom begins. Just because you don't personally approve of it doesn't mean it's wrong for everyone else.
johnny138
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)
 
Posts: 77
Joined: 28 Jun 2012, 15:37
3 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)



Re: Is Religious Male Circumcision Still Denied In Taiwan Hospitals?

Postby divea » 29 Jun 2012, 18:14

johnny138 wrote:
divea wrote:Everything you mentioned are duties and not decisions. It is your bloody duty to wipe you kid's arse , feed him and send him to school. Give him up for adoption if you don't want to do any of those things. We don't betroth them at age 3 because we want them to grow up and make that decision, ditto with paying his college tuition fee in an engineer's course. we want them to grow up and choose what to to be proficient in.


It's also a parent's responsibility to raise their kids morally and teach them ethics. For some of us, that is done in our religious traditions and that's where it's going to stay whether those who disagree like it or not.

The question the OP raised is based on religious freedom. Recognizing another person's freedom doesn't mean a thing unless it's something you personally disagree with. That's where the real test of freedom begins. Just because you don't personally approve of it doesn't mean it's wrong for everyone else.

Yes there's freedom for YOU. Religious freedom and as an adult if you want to get your nuts slashed, I am all for that too. The religious freedom does not extend to your child is all I am saying. Just like in some cultures we could marry the kids off before puberty...not any more. Are you in favour of the religions and culture that marry off 7 year olds? No?? Why what happenned to tolerance? I am pretty tolerant so don't you start on me about THAT one. :hand:
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 00:45
Location: In the land of Ambrosia
362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)



Re: Is Religious Male Circumcision Still Denied In Taiwan Hospitals?

Postby divea » 29 Jun 2012, 18:20

Confuzius wrote:
divea wrote:Everything you mentioned are duties and not decisions. It is your bloody duty to wipe you kid's arse , feed him and send him to school. Give him up for adoption if you don't want to do any of those things. We don't betroth them at age 3 because we want them to grow up and make that decision, ditto with paying his college tuition fee in an engineer's course. we want them to grow up and choose what to to be proficient in.


You need to actually read a post before commenting (well, it is simply nice to do so, wastes useless back and forths...like this one)

where to live-not a duty

where to go to school-not a duty

when to go to bed-not a duty

too tired and don't care enough to go through the others, actually read them all next time before you say "everything". Thanks in advance.


Erm where to live and where to go to a school is not a decision you make for the child, those are your own stupid decisions you make for yourself. When to go to bed is a duty....it is your frikkin duty to teach them to stay healthy, disciplined and well for most of us it really is never our decision :roflmao: , the kids decide on their own!!! You crack me up by even suggesting that you can make decisions for your child. When you cut off his foreskin, it isn't 'hey kid I helped you oooon with your trousers because you weren't able to', it is 'I cut off your little part because I read in my book that EYE should do it TO you'.
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 00:45
Location: In the land of Ambrosia
362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)



FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext




Proceed to Open Forum



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 3 visitors

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting -- STEPHEN LEVINE