CKS airport runner

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 11 Feb 2006, 14:11

When they start to realize how much we are and can be an economic asset, then they will come around.

We live in hope!
:lol:
HG
Forumosan avatar
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

15 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby SuchAFob » 11 Feb 2006, 14:15

Namahottie wrote:
Yea, and from Chewycorns recent post, it seems as if 'those' xenophobes are in places that do have an impact on us, i.e. the government. When they start to realize how much we are and can be an economic asset, then they will come around. :s

I'm sure our great great grandchildren will enjoy the effects of such.
Cuz lord knows it is going to be SLOW comin.
Needs a teleportation device.
SuchAFob
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

Location: Where they say "y'all", vote red, and think it's insulting to call me a liberal.
1 Recognized(s)

Postby mod lang » 11 Feb 2006, 15:25

Karma.

Chris was an infamous fixture of the Tainan scene for about 6 or 7 years, however long he'd been in Taiwan. The unpaid bar tabs.....true. One of the girls at Subway told me that he tried to get away without paying them, too, by pulling a quick "where's my change?" scam. I don't know why he was broke like that lots of the time, but maybe it was because he couldn't always hold down a steady teaching job. He was a co-teacher at a highschool I was at for a while, and was very often late or absent from morning classes. When he did show up, sometimes the kids would ask him, "Teacher, it's a sunny day. Can't we play outside?" and he'd let them go, while sitting in class smoking. A big chain-smoker and drinker. The school didn't fire him because he was too popular with the students; the boys liked him because he let them play, and the girls loved him because he was "so handsome". It's hard to tell from the picture, but he bears a striking resemblance to Brad Pitt - a resemblance that enabled him to bonk, almost literally, a different girl every night. He admitted that was the main reason he stayed in Taiwan, because back home he was just a normal guy. A couple of years ago he got glassed in a bar fight when he drunkenly turned to a Taiwanese guy (complete stranger) and slurred "Fuck you" to him. Fucked up his face for a few months. There are lots of "Chris stories" out there.

Well, I guess he's gone for good now. I don't see how they're going to let him back in the country after this.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it."
-- George Bernard Shaw

Show me a cultural relativist at thirty thousand feet and I'll show you a hypocrite. Airplanes are built according to scientific principles and they work. They stay aloft and they get you to a chosen destination. Airplanes built to tribal or mythological specifications such as the dummy planes of the Cargo cults in jungle clearings or the bees-waxed wings of Icarus don't.
mod lang
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

Postby bismarck » 11 Feb 2006, 15:36

Cola wrote:
Taifeitang wrote:Quite apart from obviously being an idiot, this bloke has (allegedly) committed the far more heinous crime of leaving large unpaid bar tabs in many pubs around Tainan. Plus he's wearing a Chelski shirt - what more needs to be said?

Yup, that's him. Front page of Liberty TImes national newspaper today. yes, definitely, another funny 4inner story for the locals to remember. did you know him or know of him? how did you know he had unpaid bar tabs in Tainan pubs? was he notorious there?

Funny though, while all the local national Chinese language papers had a story about him today, even Apple Daily, the three English newspapers completely ignored this story.

I know him. He plays football (soccer) with the local Tainan foreigner football club, Tainan Pheonix. Surprised that all this infamy has travelled as a far afield as Taipei...
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
141 Recognized(s)

Postby bismarck » 11 Feb 2006, 15:41

WeiLong wrote:Right!

All my drinking is going on Chris's tab this weekend.

I don't think he's allowed to use his tab at the Armory anymore.
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
141 Recognized(s)

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 11 Feb 2006, 15:50

Cheers for the updates. Damn but there has always been some particularly strange cats down Tainan way. Must be something about going quite so far up river. Among the Tainan people I've met, if the cats themselves weren't strange they always seemed to have weird shit happen to them.

Bummer the lad blew it. Guess youth is wasted on the young. So now he's back to planting trees and regalling his Canucky mates with tales of easy lays. Expect another influx of the young dumb and full of cum set any week soon.

HG
Forumosan avatar
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

15 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby Taffy » 11 Feb 2006, 15:53

I know him. He plays football (soccer) with the local Tainan foreigner football club, Tainan Pheonix. And yep, he does have a few outstanding bar tabs. Surprised that knowledge has travelled as a far afield as Taipei...

Ah well as to that, I lived in Tainan a couple of years back. I met my S.O. when she was working in the now-defunct Western on Jiankang Rd. She knew this idiot from her job and has been calling all her old colleagues today to share a laugh at his expense.

She is also certain, by the way, that in one pub his tab was around 20,000NT :eek:. What puzzles me is not that someone could drink 20,000NT worth of beer (actually I find that sadly all too understandable), but that the boss of this establishment would allow him to run it up that high.
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

102 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby bismarck » 11 Feb 2006, 16:02

Taifeitang wrote:
I know him. He plays football (soccer) with the local Tainan foreigner football club, Tainan Pheonix. And yep, he does have a few outstanding bar tabs. Surprised that knowledge has travelled as a far afield as Taipei...

Ah well as to that, I lived in Tainan a couple of years back. I met my S.O. when she was working in the now-defunct Western on Jiankang Rd. She knew this idiot from her job and has been calling all her old colleagues today to share a laugh at his expense.

She is also certain, by the way, that in one pub his tab was around 20,000NT :eek:. What puzzles me is not that someone could drink 20,000NT worth of beer (actually I find that sadly all too understandable), but that the boss of this establishment would allow him to run it up that high.

Many places let you drink on tab, as they know you and assume you'll pony up sooner or later...
Sir Winston Churchill

Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
141 Recognized(s)

Postby Dangermouse » 11 Feb 2006, 16:22

HGC wrote:The problem, as always, lies in the minds of the xenophobes. I mean, if I was to automatically assume all Chinese are foreigners in my native Australia I could actually be sued. I do understand the complexities in Taiwan but we should aim for higher, not always assume a lower position

Wise words there from HGC.
You should start talking more bollocks than sensible stuff, mate.
Dangermouse
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 11 Feb 2006, 16:28

You should start talking more bollocks than sensible stuff, mate.

But it's all bollocks! :lol:

HG
Forumosan avatar
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

15 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Open Forum