Fundraising for Ma-ke and family

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Postby sandman » 22 Oct 2006, 12:43

Why, before criticizing me, didn't anyone ask for clarification? Why didn't anyone ask what I meant when I said I didn't think the press conference had made a big enough impact? Why are you all so eager to criticize instead of compliment?

That's exactly what I did. You failed to answer, being far too interested in showing us the length of your knob. But that's OK -- someone who ACTUALLY knows what's going on has filled us in on the real scoop. Thanks, Gingerman.
As for your "let's get 5,000 foreigners together for a fund raiser," I'll raise you with a "let's get one MILLION foreigners together for a fund raiser." See that? Mine's MUCH bigger than yours.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Hongda » 22 Oct 2006, 21:03

sandman wrote:I'll raise you with a "let's get one MILLION foreigners together for a fund raiser." See that? Mine's MUCH bigger than yours.

But WHO are you going to get? I think we need some famous people like Ted Nugent, Peter Frampton and maybe even Jackie Chen and Tokyo Rose.
Hongda
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

Postby Big Fluffy Matthew » 22 Oct 2006, 21:07

I would get S.H.E, They seem desperate to do anything, and they should be really cheap.
Er.... thingy.
Forumosan avatar
Big Fluffy Matthew
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby Namahottie » 22 Oct 2006, 21:21

If people are serious about getting a show together for mark, how about long the lines of that concert that was held a few months ago with Sandman's band. I am certain that this could be done very easily and quickly if willing minds put their heads together.

And if I may say, not exclude anyone because of personal choice. If it takes a community to raise a child, lets remember it will take a community to raise this money.
@michellemalkin Just so we're perfectly fucking clear here: You're a crazy fucking shitwad. Enjoy your night. Read more at @MayorEmanuel
Namahottie
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

2 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Wookiee » 23 Oct 2006, 11:31

Namahottie wrote:If people are serious about getting a show together for mark, how about long the lines of that concert that was held a few months ago with Sandman's band. I am certain that this could be done very easily and quickly if willing minds put their heads together.

This is another good idea. The one we held in Zhongli at the River Bar was great and we managed to bring a lot of folks together and raise some cash for Mark and his family. There was the music and entertainment downstairs and some wonderful photos in the gallery upstairs by Mrs. Truant. :notworthy:
The benefit had a few shortcomings, though. The most obvious being the venue was rather small and other bands had gigs that same night in Taipei and elsewhere.
If we could find a bigger, perhaps outdoors venue in Taipei where more folks could come out and hold the event during the afternoon so it wouldn't interfere with bands' scheduled gigs, we could scare up a bit more cash for the big guy and his wife and two kids.

Anyone wants to jump in and try to put this together?
--
......... __ o
.........-\<,
......(O) (O)...........
Forumosan avatar
Wookiee
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

8 Recognized(s)

Postby Truant » 23 Oct 2006, 13:26

Wookiee wrote:
Namahottie wrote:If people are serious about getting a show together for mark, how about long the lines of that concert that was held a few months ago with Sandman's band. I am certain that this could be done very easily and quickly if willing minds put their heads together.

This is another good idea. The one we held in Zhongli at the River Bar was great and we managed to bring a lot of folks together and raise some cash for Mark and his family. There was the music and entertainment downstairs and some wonderful photos in the gallery upstairs by Mrs. Truant. :notworthy:
The benefit had a few shortcomings, though. The most obvious being the venue was rather small and other bands had gigs that same night in Taipei and elsewhere.
If we could find a bigger, perhaps outdoors venue in Taipei where more folks could come out and hold the event during the afternoon so it wouldn't interfere with bands' scheduled gigs, we could scare up a bit more cash for the big guy and his wife and two kids.

Anyone wants to jump in and try to put this together?

The weather has been really great for an outdoor gig. I'd love to go if there was something.
The best learning Chinese flashcards in the world are available in Taiwan at http://www.silkwormpress.com
Forumosan avatar
Truant
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Namahottie » 23 Oct 2006, 14:02

I"ve often offered to help out with things on F.com but have often recieved a rejection. I would only be willing to help with this if my suggestions and participation were taken seriously.

If this is possible, then pm so we can get the ball rolling. I am certain that there are several talented people on this board that we can use for this. And if there must be a point person, meaning a person that okay's all ideas, I suggest that it would be MJB or Gingerman. I don't have the energy(seriously) or the patience to work with egos on this. I would just like this to manifest.
@michellemalkin Just so we're perfectly fucking clear here: You're a crazy fucking shitwad. Enjoy your night. Read more at @MayorEmanuel
Namahottie

2 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby MaKe's Sister » 24 Oct 2006, 12:06

hey everyone-

it is really frustrating to see the negativity in some of these posts. let's keep in mind that everyone wants the same goal. and the goal is to help mark and his family.

if there is an idea that you are not thrilled with or if you don't like the way something is stated then COMMUNICATE. do not judge, do not criticize, do not put down.

nobody is more important here than anyone else. neither is any idea. let's offer a SAFE place for people to share their ideas and let's offer valuable feedback.

I know that most of you are trying to help.
it is more than appreciated.

peace.
rachel
MaKe's Sister
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Namahottie » 24 Oct 2006, 12:54

Sorry Rachel if cooler heads haven't' prevailed in this time of sorrow for you. But the advantage/disadvantage of an online forum, is that a few people do abuse it.

I am still waiting on people to chime in on ideas for a gathering for Mark. How was that outdoor concert put together? We could start there.
Namahottie

2 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby bobepine » 24 Oct 2006, 13:13

MaKe's Sister wrote:peace.
rachel

I'm assuming you guys made it home safely, and that's good.
Peace to you, too, Rachel; in every sense of the word. :)
bobepine
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum