Fundraising for Ma-ke and family

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

fundraising

Postby vmcguire » 01 Dec 2006, 21:44

So far there are three people (including myself) interested in:
1) Reminding those involved to make regular donations.
2) Actively talking to others about Mark's situation and encouraging them to donate.
3) Actively seeking others to join.

Anyone else interested please PM me.

Thanks!
vmcguire
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby MJB » 21 Apr 2007, 01:41

Hello everyone,

There will be a fresh Fundraiser for Mark on the 28th of April at the Blue Cellar pub in Taoyuan, located at #47 Chen Kung Road, Section 2.

A buffet meal will be on offering from 5pm until later in the evening, at which point the venue will kick into party mode with live music until the wee hours.

All proceeds will go towards helping Mark's family with medical expenses...

Thanks,

MJB

PM for directions/more details
Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit
MJB
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

6 Recognized(s)

Fundraiser 18/08/2007 - Pinglin Cloud 9 Camp

Postby andre100 » 01 Aug 2007, 08:08

We are planning a fund raising event at Cloud 9 Adventure Camp on 18 August 2007 to help Mark and his family through their difficult times.

Please have a look at the link below for more information:
http://www.cloud9tw.com/Mark.html

Saturday Afternoon

We will be having a rubber ducky race (toy ducks) down the Beishee River on Sat 18/08/2007 at 15h00. Participants can sponsor a duck for 200NT, the proceeds will go to Mark’s family. Hundreds of little rubber duckies, each with a number will race down the beautiful Beishee River in Pinglin only 40 minutes from Taipei.
(See www.cloud9tw.com for map). The race will end at Cloud 9 Camp and the first ten winners will receive prizes sponsored by local businesses.

We hope to get the local media involved to give the sponsors some coverage. We will gladly put up banners etc. for sponsors at our campsite for the whole weekend.

Saturday Evening

We hope to have an impromptu music jam around the campfire on the Saturday night and will offer free camping for anyone who brings a musical instrument.

If you are interested in sponsoring some prizes or some ducks please contact andre@cloud9tw.com

Regards
Cloud 9 Adventure Camp and Janice
andre100
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Re: Fundraiser 18/08/2007 - Pinglin Cloud 9 Camp

Postby TaiwanSaffies » 01 Aug 2007, 21:47

andre100 wrote:We are planning a fund raising event at Cloud 9 Adventure Camp on 18 August 2007 to help Mark and his family through their difficult times.

Please have a look at the link below for more information:
http://www.cloud9tw.com/Mark.html

Cheers Andre! I have put up a link off my website here:
http://www.taiwansaffies.com

Good luck, I hope you have a lekka turnout!
:bravo:
Forumosan avatar
TaiwanSaffies
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ducky race postoned to sep. 1st, 2007

Postby JLS » 15 Aug 2007, 15:11

Due to the typhoon coming we have decided to postpone the event to September 1st.
Thanks for all the support so far and please help us to spread the word.
JLS
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby mingshah » 07 Sep 2007, 00:35

Rubber duck race at Cloud9:

To anyone who couldn't make it or to the ones who made it, here are now the photos from an increadible weekend, lot's of fun and still doing something good, enjoying nature and hanging out on a campfire with live music:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mingxia/sets/72157601833455464/

Thanks to everyone involved!
The Beauty of Taiwan: http://youtu.be/LfVzQzzAF-M
mingshah
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

18 Recognized(s)

Re: Fundraising for Ma-ke and family

Postby Impaler » 01 Aug 2011, 06:47

Looks like this thread has been dead for four years now. He go home or something?
It's amazing what getting out of the care of the Scottish National Health Service can do for your life expectancy.

"Mostly, nature looks after itself, if you let it. If you arrange things correctly, nature will do all the hard work for you, but it takes a lot of careful thought, planning, attention to detail, and a little experimentation. In other words, we're all doomed." -- finley
Forumosan avatar
Impaler
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

2 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Re: Fundraising for Ma-ke and family

Postby irishstu » 01 Aug 2011, 18:11

Impaler wrote:Looks like this thread has been dead for four years now. He go home or something?

I found this comment from Mark's mom, posted recently at http://www.therealtaiwan.com/mark-selikoff/351 (see comments at bottom). I hope she doesn't mind me re-posting over here:

Dawn Selikoff Jul 19th, 2011 at 1:47 am

This is Mark’s mom. I arrived in Taiwan on July 14th and will return to Minnesota on September 10th. It’s a joy to be here with Mark, Xiao Hui, and the children. I have the honor of being a full-time grandma this summer and being able to show Mark and his family love everyday.

September 27th will be the 5 year anniversary of Mark’s tragic accident. He is still bedridden, unable to walk or talk and riddled with one infection after the other. His right brain is uninjured so he does understand everything and is able to relay his moods and reactions with his eyes. Saturday is his 42nd birthday so I’m planning a pizza party for him, and, of course, his mom needs to bake him a cake. He is at home in the living room so is very much a part of daily life. His children are there with hugs and kisses to he is blessed in that way.

Thank you for your concern and expression of friendship. I will read your message to him on his birthday. One of the greatest sources of sadness is that his “friends” in Taiwan have disappeared and gone on with their lives. It must be very sad when he thinks of that, but some wonderful Christian friends are
very faithful, weekly praying for him at the house and helping the family in numerous, heartwarming ways. It’s a heavy burden for Xiao Hui but whenever someone questions her choice she says, “He’s my husband. He’s my family”. Devotion like hers is rare.

Again, thank you, Aaron. Your note brought happiness.

Dawn Selikoff
Mark’s Mom
"I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar."

DIY guitar projects
Forumosan avatar
irishstu
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

42 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Open Forum