Prayers for Mark Part 3

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Postby JLS » 29 Feb 2008, 01:32

Below message is from Mark's wife...

"About a month ago, Mark got septicemia because of infection, he had very serious fever, non of the medicine could do anything about it. Doctor said Mark may had only about 3 months to live, unless they did another surgery to take out the artificial skull to clear out the infection area. The skull would never be put back again and there's only about 10% of recovery chance.

I was not ready for this result. I'd been working so hard, and this is all I got?! All the memories just came back to me, Mark's face was so clear and then turned into black and white. Back to the reality, "Xiaohui, you need to think about this very seriously, this surgery determines Mark's future, and your future. What result is the best for you all, especially you have 2 kids to take care of" Dr. Hsu let me know the real situation and suggested as a friend. I told him I couldn't decide whether he's going to take this surgery. If there's a better way to help him. Either way is not going to do any better. Taking the surgery, it could stop the infection, but the result is not the best. Not taking the surgery, worried medication wouldn't be able to control the infection to spare. It's a real hard call, especially at this moment. I couldn't find an answer, so I decided to wait, and asked my in-laws in America for suggestions.

My father-in-law came to Taiwan within 3 days, and mother and sister in-laws came within a week. Me and my sister-in-law think Mark may be too tired, didn't want to hang on anymore. This Chinese New Year wasn't easy for me at all. I kept asking god what I should do would be the best decision. Suddenly, the thought of taking him home came right to me. Maybe he had been in the hospital for too long.

One day, Mark got a little hole on his head, blood water came right out and colored the whole pillow to red. It was a very terrify moment. No one probably had ever seen that kind of scene. Doctors and nurses thought the situation was very critical, and Mark may be in danger in any time. Mark had fever everyday, slept on ice-pillow nonstop for days. It was cold out, so as in ICU. Doctor got all the blood water out of his head. Strangely Mark stop having fever, and his infection rate reduced from 207 to 27. Generally 5 is the normal infection rate. It was a miracle, even Dr. Hsu said so. But I still want to bring Mark home.

Mark's test report will come out this week, if the infection stop, he can stop using anti-biotics. And we are ready to bring Mark home.

I think Mark has been in the hospital for over a year now, it's enough, time to go home".
JLS
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby Namahottie » 29 Feb 2008, 01:42

If you believe God is telling you take him home, and you have faith and trust God, then do it. God is in control and this will work out. I will keep you in my prayers.

Namahottie
@michellemalkin Just so we're perfectly fucking clear here: You're a crazy fucking shitwad. Enjoy your night. Read more at @MayorEmanuel
Namahottie
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

2 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 29 Feb 2008, 07:27

Urrrgh! Hang in there, folks. Although this thread's quieter, that doesn't mean our thoughts are not still with you.

HG
I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately. Oh fark it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Forumosan avatar
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

15 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

hi

Postby Battery9 » 13 Mar 2008, 08:23

How is Mark doing now? Is he at home or still in the hospital?
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

26 Recognized(s)

Postby JLS » 21 Mar 2008, 10:12

We had some good news to tell you folks earlier, however, the good news didn't last for long. Mark went back to Chang Gung hospital one week after he returned home.

Mark went home last Wednesday (3/12), he looked good and was alert. Started Wednesday (3/19), fever came up, rushed back to the hospital at 12 midnight. Doctors came out with a report said it might be meningitis and may be critical. Mark's now in the infection department (the pink building)13K10, may move to another room later.
JLS

Postby totallytika » 21 Mar 2008, 12:00

What an incredibly long, hard road you are all traveling... my thoughts and prayers go out to each of you.
Forumosan avatar
totallytika
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby cranky laowai » 13 Apr 2008, 12:35

Does anyone know if he's still in the same room in the infection department?
Forumosan avatar
cranky laowai
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

37 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Postby JLS » 15 Apr 2008, 13:46

Mark now is at the Linko Chung Gang rehabilitation building 9G08C
JLS

Postby TheGingerMan » 12 Jun 2008, 01:05

I had held that I would not have to post again in this thread.
Yet, even those negative creeps such as I, have to feel the flood.
~~~~~
Ma Ke is back in ICU. It don't look good. The family is remaining solid, yet there's a sorrowful tinge of realism.
This may be the last stand.
My own negligent soul is praying for him.
I'll be up there soon, to get his blessings for the Peacefest in Longtan.
He always knew, and still does, what the score actually meant, and means. He's been fighting for so damn long......
All I can say is:
Keep on keeping on, big buddy, and don't give in, yet.
"I still gotta a long way to go."
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)

4 Recommends(s)
221 Recognized(s)

Postby Jaboney » 12 Jun 2008, 02:29

Good lord, what an ordeal.
Peace and strength to all.
Forumosan avatar
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

22 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Open Forum