Pet Peeves

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: Pet Peeves

Postby Funk500 » 08 Sep 2011, 11:27

Those laundry bag things that you put in the washing machine to protect your clothes from being ripped to shreds. They never bloody work! The spin stops, you open the machine and everything is out of the bag. :fume:
Forumosan avatar
Funk500
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

19 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Incubus » 08 Sep 2011, 12:14

Funk500 wrote:Those laundry bag things that you put in the washing machine to protect your clothes from being ripped to shreds. They never bloody work! The spin stops, you open the machine and everything is out of the bag
with suds on it. :fume:
Incubus
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

12 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 08 Sep 2011, 13:24

When people point to someone in the news who has done something really stupid, and say "He'd be a great contestant for the Darwin Awards!" But wait! Does the person in question already have kids? Then he can't qualify. Did the person survive, with prospects of passing on his genes? Then he can't qualify.

I mean, that's the whole point of why it's called the "Darwin" Awards in the first place: the person removes his stupidity genes from the gene pool through his acts.
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

88 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 08 Sep 2011, 14:07

Funk500 wrote:Those laundry bag things that you put in the washing machine to protect your clothes from being ripped to shreds. They never bloody work! The spin stops, you open the machine and everything is out of the bag. :fume:

Seriously? They work great. You need the type that close securely, and you need to remove the razor blades from the washing machine tub, that's all.
NEW! Better for you! This post is now carb-conscious, low-fat, and gluten-free!
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
112 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 08 Sep 2011, 14:18

Funk500 wrote:Those laundry bag things that you put in the washing machine to protect your clothes from being ripped to shreds. They never bloody work! The spin stops, you open the machine and everything is out of the bag. :fume:

Bu Lai En uses them to smash ice then he gets you drunk with good rum.
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby Funk500 » 08 Sep 2011, 14:38

jdsmith wrote:

So is it me or Bu Lai En who is ripping my clothes?
Forumosan avatar
Funk500

19 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 08 Sep 2011, 14:40

Funk500 wrote:
jdsmith wrote:

So is it me or Bu Lai En who is ripping my clothes?

:ponder: Dunno. have you tried closing the bag? :thumbsup:
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 08 Sep 2011, 20:49

Yogurt pot lids.
Yeah, them foil lids that are purposely designed to not peel back in one piece. You end up with not quite a third of lid still left intact on one side of the pot of your Muller Fruit Corner, or Taiwanese equivalent. And it's always the side with the fruit thing. I hate it.
So then you spend ten minutes trying to peel the remainder of the lid off, but its difficult to get any purchase on it. And when you do manage to get hold of it, you rip another two thirds of that off, leaving you even more annoyed because it is then even more difficult to get rid of the last, tiny bit of metallic belligerence.
But it never fully comes off. No matter how hard you try, you will always end up with a tiny slither attached to what is now the edge of a buckled and dented pot with barely enough yogurt left in it to satisfy a small kitten.
I know I could eat the yogurt quite easily with the foil still attached to the pot, and you may be thinking that life really is too short to be wasting time on lid issues.
But that is not the point. I am not going to be defeated by petulant, 0.5mm thick piece of aluminum. No way.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 08 Sep 2011, 21:20

You're opening it from the wrong end, Hans.
NEW! Better for you! This post is now carb-conscious, low-fat, and gluten-free!
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
112 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 09 Sep 2011, 12:04

"Part Time" is NOT a job title! "Part Time" is NOT a job title!! "Part Time" is NOT a job title!!!

:fume: :raspberry: :loco:
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

88 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Open Forum