Woman murdered in Gaoxiong (Kaohsiung)

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: Woman murdered in Gaoxiong (Kaohsiung)

Postby tommy525 » 03 Oct 2008, 01:03

When Ma was the Justice Minister he was the one that refused to sign the death warrant for the Hsihchih 4. That was a very troubling case with no clear cut evidence. Those 4 have again been sentenced to death I believe, but they are not dead yet.

Ma is against capital punishment. They will likely stay in jail a very long time the ones currently on death row. Much like it is in the USA. A lot of the deathrowers die in prison before they are executed.

The philippina apparently did a preplanned murder in a very cold calculated way and lets not forget the victim (the one that was murdered) here. If she did that, she deserved the death penalty. But , she will probably spend 2 decades in jail and then be released on humanitarian grounds and sent back to the philippines. And probably banned from Taiwan for life. Im sure she will be in no hurry to return .
Savage - what a nice performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCMjEb68ds
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

524 Recommends(s)
338 Recognized(s)

Postby lincolnunit » 08 Oct 2008, 22:15

somethings fishy about this story, I think either she had help or its a man who did it.
13 centimeters deep, and multiple stab wounds suggests its personal.
Money may have been a bonus, but the motive was not about monetary gain.
but then again we'd have to see the autopsy report
lincolnunit
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby cake » 17 Apr 2012, 19:11

Stumbled upon this thread and had no recollection or wasn't viewing the site around that time.

Anyway, here is an update from 3 years ago.

http://nodeathpenalty.santegidio.org/ne ... 14&n=13596

05/05/2009
Taiwan
High Court overturns death penalty for Filipino woman Armia Menecia Panaglima

Taiwan High Court overturns death penalty for Filipino woman

By DPA - May 4, 2009

Taipei - The Taiwan High Court on Monday overturned a district court's death penalty for a Filipino woman, giving her a life sentence for killing a Taiwanese woman.

'We changed the death sentence to a life term for Armia Menecia Panaglima because the killing was an accident, and was not premediated,' High Court spokesman Wong Ching-chen told reporters.

Armia, 40, was silent during the court hearing. After she was told by an interpreter that her death sentence had been changed to life sentence, she said 'thank you' to the judge, according to TV reports.

Relatives of the victim, Chiu Mei-yun, 48, were angry about the high court's ruling and vowed to appeal.

'They think there are diplomatic factors in the change of the ruling because the Philippines has abolished the death penalty, so Manila put pressure on Taiwan to give Armia a lighter sentence,' Kaohsiung City Councillor Chen Mei-chuan told reporters.

'They told me they will appeal the ruling,' she added.

Last week, Armia's family members held a news conference in Manila, urging President Gloria Arroyo to apeal to Taiwan to spare Armia the death penalty, because the Philippines has abolished the death penalty.

'But Chiu's family members claim that Armia committed the crime in Taiwan, so she should be tried under Taiwan's law,' Chen said.

Armia killed Chiu, a job broker for foreign teachers in Kaohsiung, southern Taiwan, during a fight on September 12, 2007.
"War is just a racket. I helped make Mexico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for international banking in 1909-1912. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested" - Major General Smedley Butler
http://lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm
cake
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

Location: Dubya - who has borrowed more $$$ than the previous 42 presidents combined
22 Recognized(s)

Postby ironlady » 17 Apr 2012, 21:05

Link doesn't seem to go to the article, or I'd leave a few comments myself. :D
Terry Waltz, Ph.D
Click here to Finally Learn Mandarin!
Squid for Brains Learning Games -- not your nainai's flash cards!
...although his father beat him every day, wishing him to learn the speech of Ts'e, it will be impossible for him [at least using current methods]...-Mencius
Forumosan avatar
ironlady
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
74 Recommends(s)
286 Recognized(s)

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 17 Apr 2012, 23:11

For some reason... I just spent an hour reading all of this, up until page 16 or so, until I realised it was from years ago. :wall:
tsukinodeynatsu
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

57 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 17 Apr 2012, 23:12

What did I say? She will get to serve near twenty years in taiwan and then deported and banned for life.

Taiwan is moving away from executions. It wants to better its international image.
Savage - what a nice performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCMjEb68ds
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

524 Recommends(s)
338 Recognized(s)

Postby Charlie Phillips » 18 Apr 2012, 06:17

Must be getting more difficult to find someone to put a woman down on the ground and shoot her in the back of her head, thank God.

Executions are carried out by handgun shooting aimed at the heart from the back, or aimed at the brain stem under the ear if the prisoner consents to organ donation. The execution time used to be 5AM, but was changed to 9PM in 1995 to reduce officials' workload. It was changed again to 7.30PM in 2010.[14] Executions are performed in secret: nobody is informed beforehand, including the condemned. The execution chamber is located in the prison complex. The condemned is brought to the chamber by car, and would pay respects to the statue of Ksitigarbha located outside the chamber before entering. Before the execution, the prisoner is brought to a special court next to the execution chamber to have their identities confirmed and any last words recorded. They are then brought to the execution chamber and served their last meal (which includes a bottle of kaoliang).[14] The condemned is then injected with strong anaesthetic to leave him or her completely senseless. They are then placed flat on the ground face down and shot. The executioners would then burn hell bank notes for the deceased before carrying away the corpse.[14] It is customary for the condemned to place a NT$500 or 1000 banknote in their leg irons as a tip for the executioners.[14]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_pu ... c_of_China

Not to mention the tragedy of being offered that awful pigswill Kaoliang as their last drink.
"Why do you want gas? It's hot. You can have cold showers" ~gas delivery man height of summer, 2010.

"Why you wear so many clothes? You are foreigner. Foreign countries are cold." buxiban owner, depth of winter 2011.
Forumosan avatar
Charlie Phillips
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

80 Recommends(s)
158 Recognized(s)

Postby housecat » 18 Apr 2012, 06:36

tsukinodeynatsu wrote:For some reason... I just spent an hour reading all of this, up until page 16 or so, until I realised it was from years ago. :wall:

Yes. This is why we have a rule against gravedigging.
Forumosan avatar
housecat
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

95 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Previous

Return to Open Forum