Swap Shop

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: Swap Shop

Postby kage » 25 Jun 2010, 13:48

I think I have one, Asiababy.
I need to check, though, as I have just moved and not sure which box it would be in. Presumably the one marked "electronics".
Forumosan avatar
kage
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

4 Recommends(s)

Postby Taffy » 25 Jun 2010, 13:50

asiababy wrote:WANTED: an IP splitter box thingy. Want to run two or three computers (wireless) at home. Anyone have an extra one?

I have a spare wireless router sitting in a box at home (I mentioned it much earlier in this thread, but there were no takers).
Taffy wrote:Planex BLW-54MF IEEE802.11g Wireless 54Mbps Multi-Function Broadband Router. Traditional Chinese manual included but the English manual is available from the Planex website.

Would this do the job? It's not the latest spec as it doesn't feature 11n wireless (the fastest currently in use), but to be honest for home use I doubt you'd notice the difference.
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

104 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 25 Jun 2010, 13:58

Taffy and Kage, thanks for the fast offers!

Taffy, my husband is just checking the specs, will get back to you this afternoon. (Grandpa is missing his Carpenters on Youtube, so we are kind of in a hurry :lol: )
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
asiababy
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

Postby kage » 26 Jun 2010, 13:10

oops, mine is not wireless - sorry!
Forumosan avatar
kage

4 Recommends(s)

Postby asiababy » 26 Jun 2010, 19:56

No worries, Kage, thanks to Taffy, I am now on wireless!

I just discovered by roller blades ("California" brand, bought about ten years ago and not used for six or so) have broken down during storage. The shoe has separated from the wheels. If anyone can use the parts, let me know as I am very sad to just throw them away. Nice carry bag is included.
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
asiababy

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

HAVE: iPhone 3GS 16GB Black WANT: HTC Desire

Postby Lord Lucan » 05 Jul 2010, 09:43

iPhone is 2 months old. Screen cover on and case on first day. Immaculate and completely unmarked screen, back, and camera lens. With all accessories including an expensive leather case that keeps it inside your pocket in taxis and doesn't sweat in your hand. Bought from Fareastone new, has been tested to work on Chunghua (I think they're all unlocked and unrestricted here anyway).

Is jailbroken and Sinfulled with lots of apps or I can factory reset it. It can be upgraded to OS4 if you like. Firmware blobs (SHSH) are registered with Cydia so you can reset it to OS3 if you upgrade to OS4 and then decide you don't like OS4.

Current firmware version is 3.1.3 (7E18) which is what it came with. Model is MC131TA.

Would like an HTC Desire in good nick.

It's also for sale for NT$15k, but as all I intend to do is go straight out and buy a Desire, I wondered if there might be anyone with a Desire who'd prefer an iPhone.

PM me if you're interested. I am in Taipei.
Forumosan avatar
Lord Lucan
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

4 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 06 Jul 2010, 18:02

I'm looking for:

1. An old digital camera to let my 6-year-old use.
2. A second-hand Canon EOS digital camera body.

Willing to pay for these if I have nothing that you want. I can also bake up some cookies or something if you miss home-baking.
asiababy

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 06 Jul 2010, 18:07

asiababy wrote:I'm looking for:

1. An old digital camera to let my 6-year-old use.
2. A second-hand Canon EOS digital camera body.

Willing to pay for these if I have nothing that you want. I can also bake up some cookies or something if you miss home-baking.

Will a canon ixus for the body do???Mine fell and broke...but it looks intact....

Anybody using a canon ixus 860 IS, please feel free to contact me for an extra charger and Battery!
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

367 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 06 Jul 2010, 18:18

Will a canon ixus for the body do???Mine fell and broke...but it looks intact....

Anybody using a canon ixus 860 IS, please feel free to contact me for an extra charger and Battery!

thanks divea, but no, it's a different kind of camera. The EOS to replace my film body, as I have some nice lenses.
asiababy

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 10 Jul 2010, 09:48

I have a Chicco stroller - this one in red, but the bottom foot rest is gone:

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Chicco-C6-Tangerine

It's in good condition but has some stains on the stroller seat and stickers along the frame. It's great for use on holiday. It folds long-ways and you put it over your shoulder. It has a carry bag. Seat doesn't go all way down, so suitable for short naps but not for newborns. Giving it away but always welcome books or DVDs as exchange. I can drop it off in Taipei city/county, but on my schedule.

Looking for a flatscreen monitor, to plug into a broken laptop. Or an old laptop, only need to get online with it, nothing else. Doesn't need a working battery.
asiababy

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Open Forum