Swap Shop

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: Swap Shop

Postby Icon » 26 Feb 2011, 22:54

OK, desperately in NEED of a fancy, well, a nice party dress, the bigger the size, the better -thinking XL up would be OK. Been looking all over, and I don't wanna pay a fortune nor want any granny type of tent.

If you have a nice dress in the back of the closet, I can trade you anthing for it. It can be a loan.

Either that or I'll take the wedding dress and dye it.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

790 Recommends(s)
615 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 27 Feb 2011, 07:18

Sorry, Icon, no party dress here. Still have the wedding dress.
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
asiababy
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 27 May 2011, 14:42

Anyone has those child-gates? The larger the better. Will swap for coffe, cash, too. :D

Have an extra battery and charger for Samsung cellphone. Make an offer in books or candies.

Oh, and I gained weight, so the dog pouch does not fit anymore. If there is a trim Forumosan who wants to take doggie as baby in a pouch, lemme know.

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

790 Recommends(s)
615 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 27 May 2011, 16:39

I miss reading this thread. I have so many things to swap, and no one in India believes in swapping or reselling :loco:
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

367 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 30 Sep 2011, 12:26

I'm teaching at a local area school and I would LOVE to get some English-language materials for beginners, like flashcards, flipcharts, posters, little phonics readers... Does anyone have something like this they are no longer using that I could swap for homegrown vegetables, baking, homemade drinks? Or an IKEA computer chair?
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
asiababy

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 30 Sep 2011, 13:31

asiababy wrote:I'm teaching at a local area school and I would LOVE to get some English-language materials for beginners, like flashcards, flipcharts, posters, little phonics readers... Does anyone have something like this they are no longer using that I could swap for homegrown vegetables, baking, homemade drinks? Or an IKEA computer chair?

Yes, I think I do ... have to check tho ... my wife could've thrown it away. Just hold on a few days.
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
91 Recognized(s)

Postby housecat » 30 Sep 2011, 13:38

asiababy wrote:I'm teaching at a local area school and I would LOVE to get some English-language materials for beginners, like flashcards, flipcharts, posters, little phonics readers... Does anyone have something like this they are no longer using that I could swap for homegrown vegetables, baking, homemade drinks? Or an IKEA computer chair?

I have some US second grad level stuff, if you're interested. Mostly, I have reader workbook type things. I've given away quite a few, but I'm sure I still have a couple more.
Forumosan avatar
housecat
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

96 Recommends(s)
115 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 04 Oct 2011, 21:38

Belgian Pie and Housecat,

Yes, I am interested in both of your offers, thank you! Please send PM if you find the items, and let me know what kind of things you would like to swap.
asiababy

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

Postby Lili » 04 Oct 2011, 23:33

In need of household stuff...
hangars, dishes/cups/utensils, ice cube trays, a desk lamp (mine broke last night gah).

I can swap for uh.... heh. Yea, I just got here so I don't have much except cash to offer ... um... I can babysit :D!
"I wanted to be puzzled and charmed, to experience the endless, beguiling variety of a continent where you can board a train and an hour later be somewhere where the inhabitants speak a different language, eat different foods, work different hours, live lives that are at once so different and yet so oddly similar. I wanted to be a tourist," Bill Bryson.
"...But I ended up in Taiwan," Lili.

Never underestimate how much assistance,
how much satisfaction,
how much comfort,
how much soul and transcendence there might be
in a cold bottle of beer.
-Tom Robbins
Forumosan avatar
Lili
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

21 Recommends(s)
23 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 11 Jan 2012, 17:43

Updated list, all to a good home, no offer too ridiculous:

Doggie carrier, vest style. Fits small dog under 5kg, and a trim owner.

5 plastic drawers, sort of like this, but each drawer is independent and can be separated, or stacked up, depending on your space:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/104 ... Depot.html

a computer table -currently being used as clothes hanger- with bookshelf on top. has seen better days, but still useful. more or les slike this: http://www.archiexpo.com/prod/bestar/co ... 02045.html

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

790 Recommends(s)
615 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Open Forum