Swap Shop

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: Swap Shop

Postby TheLostSwede » 04 Nov 2009, 11:08

kage wrote:
TheLostSwede wrote:I'm in need of an anger management class, I'm willing to swap for Swedish lessons or some home baked goods... :cool:

http://www.community.com.tw
When is good to pick up the baked goods?

Uhm, that's cheating, as I take it you're not actually doing the anger management class? :p
Forumosan avatar
TheLostSwede
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

15 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Postby housecat » 04 Nov 2009, 11:09

urodacus wrote:that's the weirdest proposal any one has ever made to me, housecat. but I'm already taken. Sorry.

Oh, goodness me, NO! I didn't mean I'd MARRY you! Just trade all my angst and anger and man hat'ing. You know. For the DIAMOND. Not the MAN. Though I'm sure you would have been a very worthy catch, of course.
Forumosan avatar
housecat
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

96 Recommends(s)
115 Recognized(s)

Postby TheLostSwede » 04 Nov 2009, 11:11

housecat wrote:
urodacus wrote:that's the weirdest proposal any one has ever made to me, housecat. but I'm already taken. Sorry.

Oh, goodness me, NO! I didn't mean I'd MARRY you! Just trade all my angst and anger and man hat'ing. You know. For the DIAMOND. Not the MAN. Though I'm sure you would have been a very worthy catch, of course.

What good is a diamond anyhow? It's just a piece of hard carbon...
Wouldn't a man be more useful around the house? You know, you could like make him do stuff...? :D
Forumosan avatar
TheLostSwede

15 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Postby El Toro » 04 Nov 2009, 11:21

TheLostSwede wrote:Well, I've got a few more things...
First up we have something that needs a good clean and that's my trusty old oven
It's rather large and hasn't let me down so far, it's good enough for a large loaf of bread.
It's not well insulated, but it gets too hot in my opinion as I also have to use a lower temperature when I cook in it than the recipe calls for. The heat is a bit uneven though, so forget about soufflés :D
However, as I haven't been able to find any oven cleaner here, it's a bit dirty.
It comes with a rack, a pan and I can throw in another couple of "modified" pans that just about fits.

I also have a still plastic wrapped printer which is an Epson C110 that I don't know if it works or not, but it should do as it's brand new. I have no idea if it comes with any bits or not.

If anyone still got an old computer, or some DDR memory, then I have a couple of mATX motherboards (not sure if they work) and an AMD FX-53 processor for socket-939 (the old type) which fits either board. As I don't have any RAM for it and with DDR memory being expensive

these days, I never got around to setting it up. At least one of the motherboards have integrated graphics, both have PCI Express slots if I remember right.

Not really sure what I'd swap for though, but if anyone has something useful :D

Did you mean "rusty" old one? :wink: :whistle:
El Toro
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby TheLostSwede » 04 Nov 2009, 15:33

That's not rust, that's heat damage, as the door wasn't insulated. Over two years of usage caused that...
No-one wanted it in the end, so it ended up being recycled...
Forumosan avatar
TheLostSwede

15 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Postby Mother Theresa » 04 Nov 2009, 15:42

Hey, I was just thinking of this thread.

We bought a house and move in later this month. The place has a clothes washer that my wife says is just 2 years old, but we don't need it since we have a washer that we'll bring with us (ours is bigger). I forget the brand name and size, but it looks like a perfectly good machine. I'll go over there tonight and test it. Assuming it works properly, which I believe to be the case, would anyone trade a working TV for it? Of course I don't expect a giant plasma TV, but anything workable would do.
"The internet is a monster over which we have no control. We can’t even turn it off." Jeremy Clarkson
Forumosan avatar
Mother Theresa
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

14 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 04 Nov 2009, 17:00

Mother Theresa wrote:Hey, I was just thinking of this thread.

We bought a house and move in later this month. The place has a clothes washer that my wife says is just 2 years old, but we don't need it since we have a washer that we'll bring with us (ours is bigger). I forget the brand name and size, but it looks like a perfectly good machine. I'll go over there tonight and test it. Assuming it works properly, which I believe to be the case, would anyone trade a working TV for it? Of course I don't expect a giant plasma TV, but anything workable would do.

I have a working TV sans remote. A replacement washing machine would do me fine.

Oh shite. Just checked. The wife chucked it out. :oops:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

985 Recommends(s)
371 Recognized(s)

Postby Mother Theresa » 04 Nov 2009, 17:17

Would you consider giving up a bottle of scotch? Image
"The internet is a monster over which we have no control. We can’t even turn it off." Jeremy Clarkson
Forumosan avatar
Mother Theresa
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

14 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 04 Nov 2009, 17:32

Mother Theresa wrote:Would you consider giving up a bottle of scotch? Image

Sandy will grapple you to the ground and have yer guts! :D
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

985 Recommends(s)
371 Recognized(s)

Postby kage » 04 Nov 2009, 21:57

TheLostSwede wrote:
kage wrote:
TheLostSwede wrote:I'm in need of an anger management class, I'm willing to swap for Swedish lessons or some home baked goods... :cool:

http://www.community.com.tw
When is good to pick up the baked goods?

Uhm, that's cheating, as I take it you're not actually doing the anger management class? :p

Sure, I'll do an anger management class. Where do I sign up?
Pity about the oven, it would have been great for someone new to the island. I need to pay closer attention to this thread.
HC: you are funny!
Icon: I will PM you about when and where we can meet.
Forumosan avatar
kage
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

4 Recommends(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Open Forum