Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

What drugs have you tried for recreational purposes at any time? Choose all that apply.

got drunk
86
12%
smoked pot
78
11%
smoked hash
68
10%
smoked opium
27
4%
shrooms
60
9%
peyote
14
2%
acid
46
7%
pcp
10
1%
barbituates (non prescription)
19
3%
amphetimines (non prescription)
41
6%
prescription drugs
29
4%
ecstasy
47
7%
ketamine
24
3%
coke
46
7%
crack
17
2%
meth
17
2%
heroin
15
2%
huffed paint/glue
9
1%
nitrous oxide
20
3%
never done any of the above
8
1%
never done any of the above except get drunk
15
2%
never done any of the above except get drunk and get stoned
5
1%
 
Total votes : 701

Re: Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

Postby sandman » 03 Nov 2009, 16:29

itakitez wrote:
the chief wrote:
itakitez wrote:...in my experience it was always the cooler people who were out havingn fun and confident enough in themselves that they didnt need drugs to

1. talk
2. meet people
3. have fun
4. talk to girls
...




"cooler people"...hee hee, you know, we had a completely different term for you guys...


Sure, but when youy were in school this guy [ozzy osborne] was cool.. now look at him

Thelonlieste wrote:
Well, just look at Ozzie Osbourne, for Christ's sake.'

Damn tootin! Exremely wealthy and having a fucking BALL!
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)
 
Posts: 30176
Joined: 04 Jun 2001, 16:01
28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)



Re: Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

Postby itakitez » 03 Nov 2009, 16:34

Anyways, because someone mentioned that a scientist was sacked in the UK for speaking out against the government policy, here is a comment from 'another advisor', who won the argument to form British gov.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article6900001.ece

And yeah, I always dreamed of being just like Britney and ending up in rehab before my 25th birthday and having my kids taken away. She's SSSOSOOOoooooo coooooooooooooool
[during the earthquake] all the violent back-and-forth swaying led me to sinful contemplation of wild and lustful acts of fornication

Almas John 03.04.10
Forumosan avatar
itakitez
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
 
Posts: 743
Joined: 28 Dec 2006, 13:38
Location: sunny daze



Re: Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

Postby sandman » 03 Nov 2009, 16:52

itakitez wrote:Anyways, because someone mentioned that a scientist was sacked in the UK for speaking out against the government policy, here is a comment from 'another advisor', who won the argument to form British gov.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article6900001.ece

And yeah, I always dreamed of being just like Britney and ending up in rehab before my 25th birthday and having my kids taken away. She's SSSOSOOOoooooo coooooooooooooool

Well, that's never going to work as a deterrent for me -- I simply don't have the bazongas, the teeth or the bubble butt. Plus, I'm more than twice her age, have a boring-ass desk-jockey job, still have my kid, and still have fun with chemicals when I've a mind, as well as pursuing a wide variety of extra-curricular amusements in the great outdoors. Moderation in all things is a great maxim. You can do pretty much anything in moderation, even, GASP! Butter!
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)
 
Posts: 30176
Joined: 04 Jun 2001, 16:01
28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)



Re: Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

Postby Elegua » 03 Nov 2009, 17:17

Moderation in all things is a great maxim
and don't forget "including moderation".
Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another's great tribulation

"Lord, we ain't what we oughta be. We ain't what we want to be. We ain't what we gonna be. But, thank God, we ain't what we was."
Forumosan avatar
Elegua
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
 
Posts: 5593
Joined: 25 Jun 2004, 12:51
Location: The Country that dare not speak it's name
14 Recommends(s)
67 Recognized(s)



Re: Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

Postby divea » 03 Nov 2009, 17:36

Whoever stated that they were going to put vending machines in schools filled with joints so kids could have access to them? Do not distort the facts.


What does legalizationmean??? To be dispensed by pharmacists on written prescription basis only??? Ciggies and wine are avaailable at kiosks and 7-11s.......

By continuing to condone alcohol and tobacco you are handing your support to big alcohol and tobacco companies which kills thousands of people every year.If you don't think marijuana should be legalized than you can't condone alcohol and tobacco without being a hypocrit.


If you are calling me a hypocrite, READ my posts. I don't condone either. I am just wondering aloud if Marijuana is really as harmless or as harmful as coffee.
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
 
Posts: 5676
Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 00:45
Location: In the land of Ambrosia
367 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)



Re: Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

Postby sandman » 03 Nov 2009, 18:42

I am just wondering aloud if Marijuana is really as harmless or as harmful as coffee.

In my personal experience -- almost 40 years of both -- I'd say absolutely not.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)
 
Posts: 30176
Joined: 04 Jun 2001, 16:01
28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)



Re: Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

Postby TomHill » 03 Nov 2009, 18:49

sandman wrote:
I am just wondering aloud if Marijuana is really as harmless or as harmful as coffee.

In my personal experience -- almost 40 years of both -- I'd say absolutely not.


You didn't start smoking until you were 35? Shiiit.

Personally I have also eaten and drank pot. Had a glass of ice cold smoke once too. Best pint ever.
Eating fish.
Forumosan avatar
TomHill
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
 
Posts: 4404
Joined: 02 Aug 2004, 12:03
Location: Kin-L



Re: Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

Postby occhimarroni » 03 Nov 2009, 19:13

If the argument is that pot is harmful because there are carcinogens in the smoke, then people will just eat it. If your argument is that it makes you fat and lazy and then as Sandman said everything in moderation. Certainly doesn't seem reason to me to ban it from consenting adults. Then again it's for the children so we should ban everything from consenting adults - including sex. :roflmao:
"Hoy yo, como ficha del imperio yanqui, me siento obligado de romper relaciones dimplomaticas con el senor Hugo Chavez. Como muy pronto me voy para leer el MBA en los EEUU, el hogar del diablo capitalista , llegue a conclusion que voy al camino basurero de la historia y estoy enfermo de odio. Porque si no aceptas todo loque dice el senor Chavez, claramente eres un mamon." - ME
"Al acabo de los anos he observado que la belleza, como la felicidad, es frecuente. No pasa un dia en que no estemos, un instante, en el paraiso." - Jorge Luis Borges
Forumosan avatar
occhimarroni
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
 
Posts: 296
Joined: 13 Jun 2006, 04:15
Location: Taipei
2 Recognized(s)



Re: Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

Postby mingshah » 03 Nov 2009, 19:17

sandman wrote:Well, that's never going to work as a deterrent for me -- I simply don't have the bazongas, the teeth or the bubble butt. Plus, I'm more than twice her age, have a boring-ass desk-jockey job, still have my kid, and still have fun with chemicals when I've a mind, as well as pursuing a wide variety of extra-curricular amusements in the great outdoors. Moderation in all things is a great maxim. You can do pretty much anything in moderation, even, GASP! Butter!


Don't be sad, at least you made it to wear a skirt, thats more than most of us can say about ourself. :wink:

To the topic, well never did anything illegal, like ever, of course. Growing up in a beer culture country didn't help much in avoiding that, so yes I had a beer once I think.
Never started smoking, or injecting or something like that, but I tried some of this funny leaves (of course just in the areas of the world where they are legal, just in case you wondered).

Oh, and yesterday I had a coffee, guess that makes me a real bad guy now.
The Beauty of Taiwan: http://youtu.be/LfVzQzzAF-M
mingshah
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: 30 Oct 2005, 12:31
Location: On the hills behind Xindian
19 Recognized(s)



Re: Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

Postby naguoning » 03 Nov 2009, 20:42

It seems to me this poll is deeply flawed. It excludes the drug that affects me most. Women.
They make me feel so good one night, and leave me with such big head aches the next day.
They cause me to do all sorts of stupid and dangerous things when I crave them.
They have made me waste an incredible ammount of money.
Once you have started, you probably will not be able to stop (well me at least).
Clearly showing all the symptoms of a dangerous drug.
Somehow between knowing the damage and pleasure I derive from women and alcohol I never needed to want to start on a third drug.
Kieren says TVBS must equal TeleVision BullSh@t, as if we did not know that already.
naguoning
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
 
Posts: 239
Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:00
Location: On the beach at Escape 41 in Kaohsiung/GaoXiong
3 Recognized(s)



FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext




Proceed to Open Forum



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 4 visitors

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives -- ANNIE DILLARD, The Writing Life