Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Mark Bennett

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Mark Bennett

Postby godunknown » 23 Jan 2011, 23:43

Dear Friends,
As some of you know our great friend Mark Bennett was tragically killed in an accident in Taipei last Saturday morning.
article here
Mark was always so full of life and energy and as a tribute to his memory we have set up a donations account. His funeral will be held in Taipei this Friday and we are trying to get as many people to donate whatever they can afford to ensure the financial burden won’t be too much for his family.
If you knew Mark, please give what you can, and we will make sure it gets to his mother. The account details are as follows:
Bank of Taiwan:
Code #004
Account #054 004 078892

Any questions or if you want to donate personally give me a message (0936725436)
Rafe
godunknown
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Mark Bennett

Postby maoman » 24 Jan 2011, 11:46

I'm so sorry to hear about this. What a tragic loss! My heartfelt condolences to the family.
maoman

Postby tommy525 » 24 Jan 2011, 12:01

Very sad. Only 33 and for what should be a fun time in Taiwan. Hit on crosswalk by a taxi? Traffic really is a major killer on Taiwan :(
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby Taffy » 24 Jan 2011, 12:02

Horrible, unjust news. Condolences to family and friends.
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

Postby citizen k » 24 Jan 2011, 12:05

Very sorry to hear about this. There have been so many foreigners injured or worse in traffic accidents this year, it's really quite sad. Condolences to his family and friends.
citizen k
"Drinks for the House!"

In Taiwan since: 21 Jan 1996

Postby Funk500 » 24 Jan 2011, 12:09

I heard very brief details about this on Saturday from Athula. Very shocked to hear the full story and my condolences to all. I know quite a few people who were friends with Mark all of whom are justly devastated.

Terrible, terrible thing to happen.
Funk500
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

Postby k.k. » 25 Jan 2011, 10:36

Sorry to hear about this. My condolences to the family.

I was angered reading the news story about this accident considering the negligence on the part of the old taxi driver. Sickens me.
k.k.
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby cjc444 » 25 Jan 2011, 11:02

F*ck I was really hoping that this was just one of those terribly misguided rumors since I have been down south for a bit. RIP good buddy, you will be missed, you were one of the few.
cjc444
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby Naughtius » 25 Jan 2011, 13:28

What a tragedy! It’s a shame that the mere fact that the deceased is a foreigner sparks ignorant rhetoric such as this, “在台灣ㄉ老外也都學會超級沒公德心 和 超級不守交通規則 這兩件事 所以也算是給那些老外一ㄍ警惕.”
Naughtius
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby Dragonbones » 25 Jan 2011, 14:35

Very sad news indeed. :( My sincere condolences to his friends and family.
NEW! Better for you! This post is now carb-conscious, low-fat, and gluten-free!
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Return to Open Forum