What do you look like? or: Foreign celebrity look-a-likes

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Postby Big Fluffy Matthew » 26 Jun 2003, 07:51

sandman wrote:
People I actually wanted to look like: ... David Essex

You're a sick man, Juba, a sick, sick man.

I don't know, my sister used to like David Essex, maybe she fancied him too.
Er.... thingy.
Forumosan avatar
Big Fluffy Matthew
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby chodofu » 26 Jun 2003, 08:42

Oh, almost forgot. All the yahoos at the Greenbar swear that I am the younger brother of the ex. Iraqi Information Minister.

"Ha, I will bury the greenbar, they have never even seen me!"

Chou
chodofu

Postby Alleycat » 26 Jun 2003, 10:19

While I resize my own avatar, at Juba's request, I'll be using this sketch of David Essex to assuage his avatar angst.
Forumosan avatar
Alleycat
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

Postby Comrade Stalin » 26 Jun 2003, 10:24

I've been told both in the States and here that I look like this guy......only with long hair.

"I got very well acquainted with Joe Stalin, and I like old Joe! He is a decent fellow." - Harry Truman after the Potsdam Conference
Comrade Stalin
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

4 Recognized(s)

Postby ShaoLeFen » 26 Jun 2003, 18:26

[quote="joesax"]I have been compared to Lenin (apparently my pointy chin looks like his goatee beard) and also Homer Simpson. [quote]

[img src='http://gopbill.8m.com/trav2/ASenglishcorner.jpg']
Forumosan avatar
ShaoLeFen
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

Location: Down the road from Da-an Park, in the middle of a crowded market that kinda smells like fish.

Postby ShaoLeFen » 26 Jun 2003, 18:30

joesax wrote:I have been compared to Lenin (apparently my pointy chin looks like his goatee beard) and also Homer Simpson.

I, too, have been compared to Lenin back when I had a beard in China. I was also once compared to actor director Kevin Smith (Silent Bob). Most recently, now beardless, I was compared to King George the Second (George W. Bush).
Forumosan avatar
ShaoLeFen

Location: Down the road from Da-an Park, in the middle of a crowded market that kinda smells like fish.

Postby Sir Donald Bradman » 29 Jun 2003, 15:28

Those of you have met me, must be amazed to know that I too have been told I look like Brad Pitt, here in Taiwan. Go figure.

Back home when the movie Trainspotting came out, and I had blond spiky hair and was thinner, people told me I looked like the actor who played Sickboy.

My wife used to say I looked like Bruce Willis, but these days it's usually Fred Flinstone.

Brian
Sir Don has retired. Any PMs or questions about any of my posts, should be directed to Bu Lai En.
Sir Donald Bradman
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby cyberN8 » 29 Jun 2003, 23:15

I look just like Richard Simmons after giving the incorrect answer to a woman in a 'Sweatin' to the Oldies' class who asked, "Richard, do I look fat in this leotard?"
cyberN8
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby miltownkid » 07 Apr 2005, 16:30

I'm watching Back to the Future right now and realized Maoman looks just like Biff :lol: (I hope I didn't break any rules :lol: ).
Available for Daoist Wizarding - [Contact info]
Forumosan avatar
miltownkid
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 07 Apr 2005, 16:46

In college, beared and long haired and skinny I looked like Jesus Christ. :)

A few years back, when fatter, I was told I looked like Elton John. Never talked to the b*tch again. :fume:

now...hmmm...famous people? Dunno, but I''m sure I look like a lot of non famous people. :)
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Open Forum