...access to a scanner?

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

...access to a scanner?

Postby annmt » 19 Dec 2011, 21:16

Are there any common places where I can get something scanned? I've scoured computer cafes etc but the ones near me (Shulin) don't seem to have them. Maybe a Kinko's type place?
annmt
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: ...access to a scanner?

Postby Taffy » 19 Dec 2011, 21:32

Any 7-Eleven.
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

104 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby ironlady » 19 Dec 2011, 22:10

Scanning is called 扫描  sǎomiáO in Mandarin. The easiest way to make the request would be to say "kěyǐ sǎomiáO ma*?" while holding up the document you want to scan.
Terry Waltz, Ph.D
Click here to Finally Learn Mandarin!
Squid for Brains Learning Games -- not your nainai's flash cards!
...although his father beat him every day, wishing him to learn the speech of Ts'e, it will be impossible for him [at least using current methods]...-Mencius
Forumosan avatar
ironlady
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
87 Recommends(s)
321 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 0- 0-1987

Postby Terry B. » 23 Dec 2011, 21:40

Pretty much every copy machine has a scanning function. The copy shops can do whatever you want, including entire books, with no problem.
Terry B.
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby Chris » 23 Dec 2011, 22:22

Taffy wrote:Any 7-Eleven.

And the scanned file is then emailed directly to you. :thumbsup:
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

88 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby Pingdong » 24 Dec 2011, 03:50

also printing shops found around almost any university if you need some more specific stuff done cheaper.

just take your scooter by a few universities and drive around a few blocks, you will see them pretty easily.
Pingdong
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

20 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

Postby Hamletintaiwan » 22 Jun 2012, 09:35

One visit to Bade lu.
Bring 3500 NT$ with you and buy a Brother all in one printer with the refill cartridges.
I have the MFC-j410 and printed already more than 10 000 pages.
Not even one failure!
It includes a fax and copy function, color or B&W.
The newer once have wireless also.

The machine is a little heavy which is a good thing. It tells you what it's made of.
The ink will be about 200NT$ every 1000 pages. Just open the top and fill it in without removing the cartridges.

Normally, I don't do any product advertisement but this is the way to go right now.
Forget 7/11, Epson,HP and co.
Forumosan avatar
Hamletintaiwan
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

7 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby PapaAzucar » 22 Jun 2012, 14:20

Chris wrote:
Taffy wrote:Any 7-Eleven.

And the scanned file is then emailed directly to you. :thumbsup:

Also, any Family Mart has a scanner/copier.
If you have a thumb drive, you can download directly to it.
One word of caution, the options are limited in the 7-11 or Family Mart scanners.
For example, selecting landscape/portrait mode is a crapshoot.
Then again, if you have the money to spend, go to Bade Rd and buy your own printer/scanner/copier.
PapaAzucar
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Where Can I Find...?