Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

O-rings (camelbak or other)

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

O-rings (camelbak or other)

Postby Craig » 17 Apr 2012, 21:12

I am looking for a store that sells o-rings, I need a replacement for a Camelbak bladder. Anyone have any idea where there is a store that sells o-rings?
Craig
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: O-rings (camelbak or other)

Postby sulavaca » 18 Apr 2012, 10:11

You can pop by our garage and sort through our box of 'O' rings if you like. Do you know which size you need?
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

4 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

Postby petrarch1603 » 18 Apr 2012, 10:26

There is an outdoor shop that sells camelbacks for 350nt near Zhishan. They don't sell parts though. Its pretty cheap price for a camelback though. Near Exit 2, left across the street from the MRT Exit.
"Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain." -Mark Twain
petrarch1603
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

15 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Craig » 19 Apr 2012, 21:31

petrarch1603 wrote:There is an outdoor shop that sells camelbacks for 350nt near Zhishan. They don't sell parts though. Its pretty cheap price for a camelback though. Near Exit 2, left across the street from the MRT Exit.

I went to this shop today and they do not sell any Camelbak products, in fact when I asked them if they do they had no idea what Camelbak products are. They had 2 bladders (only 2). One Nalgene for $1400NTD 80oz size and a locally made one that I think was 2 litres for $550NTD nothing even close to $350.
Craig

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Taiwan Luthiers » 20 Apr 2012, 19:35

There are a few stores that sells nothing but O rings on Chende Rd near Mingchuan E. Road MRT Station, take your broken O ring with you so they can find you one that is like it.
Cat-gut strings are made from kitten guts, stretched out to near breaking point and then hardened with grue saliva. As a result these give a feeling of Pain and anguish whenever played, and often end up playing themselves backwards as part of satanic rituals.

Typhoon Guitars
http://www.typhoonguitars.com
Taiwan Luthiers
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

1 Recommends(s)
89 Recognized(s)

Postby petrarch1603 » 20 Apr 2012, 22:22

Oops, I made a mistake, it is not a 'camelback' brand, but a bladder system. I bought it about a year ago and that was the price I paid, maybe they raised their prices since then. The one I have is made in Taiwan. Sorry for the misinformation and I hope it didn't waste too much of your time.
"Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain." -Mark Twain
petrarch1603

15 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Craig » 03 May 2012, 13:41

I wrote to Camebak (the international warranty office is in Italy). It looks like they will send me 2 o-rings for free. So if you have an issue with Camebak write to them you never know :cool:
Craig

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Where Can I Find...?