Souvenir Shop

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Souvenir Shop

Postby sc3_iversean » 22 Apr 2012, 16:27

I'm going back to the States to see my family and friends in the summer, and I wanted to bring back some gifts. I am living in the Taipei area. Anybody know of any places where I can find some souvenir shops?

I also wanted to know if there's things you can get here, but aren't available in the States? That would actually be my 1st preference. Like maybe a I <3 TW shirt? Recommendations, anyone?

Many thanks. :)
sc3_iversean
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Souvenir Shop

Postby Icon » 22 Apr 2012, 20:49

The Handicraft Market http://www.handicraft.org.tw/en/show.php?newsdesk_id=50

Jianguo Weekend Market

Pineapple cakes, persimmon cakes, and other goodies -hopefully from an organic store.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

631 Recommends(s)
502 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 22 Apr 2012, 22:09

There is also some really nice contemporary stuff by young artists at the Red House in Shimendeng.

Tel:+886-2-2311-9380
Fax:+886-2-2314-2927
Address:NO.10,Chengdu Rd.,Wanhua District,Taipei City 108,Taiwan,R.O.C.
Opening hours:Sun~Thurs 11:00~21:30(Closed on Mondays)
         Fri~Sat 11:00~22:00
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
Looking for like-minded parents, a friendly space to take your kids, and classes for English-speaking children? http://www.parentsplace.com.tw
asiababy
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

Postby Battery9 » 22 Apr 2012, 23:46

There is a cool little store by Bitan (right next to the suspension bridge) but if you get to the airport early, you can buy LOADS of cool things just before you walk through the passport check:) Playing cards, T-shirts, mugs etc.
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

27 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 23 Apr 2012, 00:09

"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Where Can I Find...?