Face paints

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Face paints

Postby Petrichor » 24 Apr 2012, 06:29

Any idea where to get children's face paints or something equivalent in Taipei? We're in Wanlong but I don't mind travelling.
Use what talents you possess: The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

http://talesfromthebeautifulisle.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Petrichor
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

ORIGINAL POSTER
86 Recommends(s)
94 Recognized(s)

Re: Face paints

Postby tango42 » 24 Apr 2012, 10:43

The company "AsiaColors" at www.asiacolors.com or www.asiacolors.com.tw has face paints, body paints, makeup, accessories, classes, etc. and can also provide face painting and body painting services for special events anywhere in Taiwan and also in other countries around Asia or beyond. All materials are North American and European international body certified safe.
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
tango42
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

6 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Postby Petrichor » 25 Apr 2012, 04:42

Thanks Tango, but I need them for Saturday. Do you know if they have a shop to visit? I can't see anything on the website.
Use what talents you possess: The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

Forumosan avatar
Petrichor

ORIGINAL POSTER
86 Recommends(s)
94 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 25 Apr 2012, 07:40

Have you tried the local stationery store? I know there are some at the one in Muzha on Jungshun Street, if you can't find anywhere closer. I also saw a few nice ones at the Eslite in Neihu. You could try the children's Eslite in Gongguan, maybe give them a call?
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
asiababy
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

Postby tango42 » 25 Apr 2012, 14:21

Petrichor wrote:Thanks Tango, but I need them for Saturday. Do you know if they have a shop to visit? I can't see anything on the website.

I don't' think they have a shop but provide the supplies to other shops who stock on the shelves and sell.
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
tango42

6 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Postby Petrichor » 25 Apr 2012, 18:47

Thanks asiababy and tango. I tried my local stationery shop but no joy. I'll try a few different places tomorrow. If all fails I'll go to the Eslite near 101. Does anyone know the Chinese for face paints? (In pinyin, please!)

Forumosan avatar
Petrichor

ORIGINAL POSTER
86 Recommends(s)
94 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 26 Apr 2012, 13:22

Petrichor wrote:Thanks asiababy and tango. I tried my local stationery shop but no joy. I'll try a few different places tomorrow. If all fails I'll go to the Eslite near 101. Does anyone know the Chinese for face paints? (In pinyin, please!)

Toys r Us has them. On Linsen Road, next to the Xinxin Theater. In English, though. :D
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

759 Recommends(s)
592 Recognized(s)

Postby Petrichor » 26 Apr 2012, 15:07

Thanks Icon. I prefer the ones in English. :D

Forumosan avatar
Petrichor

ORIGINAL POSTER
86 Recommends(s)
94 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Where Can I Find...?