A Settable Combination Padlock with Buttons

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

A Settable Combination Padlock with Buttons

Postby Ducked » 10 May 2012, 19:40

Probably doesn't exist, but it'd be nice if it did.

The ones I've seen all have little CHROME-PLATED numbered wheels. I find the reflections off the plating make these unreadable in less-than-perfect lighting (streetlights, for example), and the wheel clicks aren't distinct enough to reliably count.

For bicycles, and such.
We reach for the sky. Neither does civilisation.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
7 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Re: A Settable Combination Padlock with Buttons

Postby neesh » 11 May 2012, 15:51

Sure, they exist, only problem is the ones I've seen aren't really heavy duty locks. You can find these locks in the hardware sections of many variety stores. Xiao Bei Bai Huo for example.
neesh
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

8 Recognized(s)

Re: A Settable Combination Padlock with Buttons

Postby Ducked » 13 May 2012, 23:41

neesh wrote:Sure, they exist, only problem is the ones I've seen aren't really heavy duty locks. You can find these locks in the hardware sections of many variety stores. Xiao Bei Bai Huo for example.

Never seen them, but maybe I've not been looking in the right places.

I'll seek the source of which you speak, with suitable Sino-linguistic assistance.
We reach for the sky. Neither does civilisation.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked

ORIGINAL POSTER
7 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

x

Return to Where Can I Find...?