rock tumbler

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

rock tumbler

Postby Taiwan Luthiers » 09 Jun 2012, 00:19

I don't even know what this is in Chinese. It's quite common, basically a drum with rocks and grits inside that is spun around with rollers for days to slowly polish rocks. Do they sell anything like this, at least it would be helpful if I knew what they call this stuff in Chinese so I know what to ask for.
Cat-gut strings are made from kitten guts, stretched out to near breaking point and then hardened with grue saliva. As a result these give a feeling of Pain and anguish whenever played, and often end up playing themselves backwards as part of satanic rituals.

Typhoon Guitars
http://www.typhoonguitars.com
Taiwan Luthiers
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
82 Recognized(s)

Re: rock tumbler

Postby Lord Lucan » 19 Jun 2012, 12:26

Oh, so it's not a glass for drinking whiskey out of. I know where to get those. Sorry.
Forumosan avatar
Lord Lucan
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

4 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 19 Jun 2012, 12:40

My little sister got one about 30 years ago. If she still has it, I'll ask her to send it over. Getting the different grits might be a problem, though.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Taiwan Luthiers » 19 Jun 2012, 12:42

sandman wrote:My little sister got one about 30 years ago. If she still has it, I'll ask her to send it over. Getting the different grits might be a problem, though.

It's ok... I am building one myself. As for grits, you can buy it at www.dastool.com.tw because they use it for sharpening tools or blades.
Cat-gut strings are made from kitten guts, stretched out to near breaking point and then hardened with grue saliva. As a result these give a feeling of Pain and anguish whenever played, and often end up playing themselves backwards as part of satanic rituals.

Typhoon Guitars
Taiwan Luthiers

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
82 Recognized(s)

Postby cranky laowai » 19 Jun 2012, 12:55

You might try a store in the Paleo Wonders chain.
Forumosan avatar
cranky laowai
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

37 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Postby Taiwan Luthiers » 19 Jun 2012, 12:59

cranky laowai wrote:You might try a store in the Paleo Wonders chain.

I've been to a Discovery store like place in Danshui, I don't think they have rock tumblers.

Typhoon Guitars
Taiwan Luthiers

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
82 Recognized(s)

Return to Where Can I Find...?