Halloween contacts lenses

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Halloween contacts lenses

Postby upandover » 14 Aug 2012, 23:39

Anyone know if there's a place to buy these in Taiwan?

http://www.discount-lenses.com/blog/buy ... act-lenses

I would like to get a set for a theatrical performance

thanks
I'm telling you this because you don't get it, and you think you get it, which isn't the same as actually getting it. Get it? - Masashi Kishimoto

Hello pot. My name is kettle. You're black. - Little Kuriboh

Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Forumosan avatar
upandover
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recognized(s)

Re: Halloween contacts lenses

Postby Icon » 15 Aug 2012, 10:46

There is this guy in Xindian -corner of Jianguo and Minzhuan, close to Tzu Chi Hospital- who has cat eyes and other quirky lenses. Let me have a look and I'll report back. You have given me a great cosplay idea, thanks. :D
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."

This post was recommended by Charlie Jack (20 Aug 2012, 21:58)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

719 Recommends(s)
566 Recognized(s)

Postby Taiwan Luthiers » 16 Aug 2012, 00:37

There's a magic shop (or several) at Ximen... might have what you need.
Cat-gut strings are made from kitten guts, stretched out to near breaking point and then hardened with grue saliva. As a result these give a feeling of Pain and anguish whenever played, and often end up playing themselves backwards as part of satanic rituals.

Typhoon Guitars
http://www.typhoonguitars.com
Taiwan Luthiers
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

1 Recommends(s)
90 Recognized(s)

Postby upandover » 19 Aug 2012, 00:41

ok, first off there is no Minzhuan Rd. that intersects with Jianguo, there is a "Minquan" and a "Minzu" but no "Minzhaun"

secondly, after having gone to both intersections there is no one in the area selling halloween contacts, only the regular eye colour changing ones.

I don't know who gave you that tip, but it turned out to be a dud.
I'm telling you this because you don't get it, and you think you get it, which isn't the same as actually getting it. Get it? - Masashi Kishimoto

Forumosan avatar
upandover

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 19 Aug 2012, 00:48

upandover wrote:ok, first off there is no Minzhuan Rd. that intersects with Jianguo, there is a "Minquan" and a "Minzu" but no "Minzhaun"

secondly, after having gone to both intersections there is no one in the area selling halloween contacts, only the regular eye colour changing ones.

There's gratitude for you! :bravo:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1020 Recommends(s)
385 Recognized(s)

Postby upandover » 19 Aug 2012, 01:59

gratitude for you! :bravo:

Spent 2 hours looking for a store that doesn't exist...
misleading, time wasting information is nothing to be "grateful" for

Forumosan avatar
upandover

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 19 Aug 2012, 02:17

Icon, a stalwart of highly useful information on this board for YEARS, offers you a genuine hint at a potential source, and you have the audacity to get snarky with her? Bad form, Sir. :hand:

Perchance she was pointing you in the direction of contact lenses whilst you were searching for "contacts lenses". Must have been a breakdown in communication. :ponder:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper

This post was recommended by Northcoast Surfer (16 Oct 2012, 11:45)
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1020 Recommends(s)
385 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 19 Aug 2012, 16:58

Actually, he's right. Went there last night, the guy has upscaled his stock, and the fantasy lenses are gone. He used to have cat eye and star eye and other weird stuff, alongside awesome Japanese frames. Now it's Dior and Chanel and blue and grey contacts.

Showed him the picture of the contacts, anyways, and he said he'll ask. By next week we'll have an answer. Scared the beejessus out of him, though, LOL. "What do you want that for?!", was his reaction. That was worth it. :roflmao:

Upandover, Icon is well known for meaning well but giving awful addresses -check previous threads. Next time let me know you are in the area and I'll walk you over, much easier.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

719 Recommends(s)
566 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 19 Aug 2012, 19:25

upandover wrote:ok, first off there is no Minzhuan Rd. that intersects with Jianguo, there is a "Minquan" and a "Minzu" but no "Minzhaun"

There is this guy in Xindian -corner of Jianguo and Minzhuan, close to Tzu Chi Hospital

You went to Xindian? Not Taipei? Right?
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby niaoahgin » 20 Aug 2012, 01:26

Icon wrote:There is this guy in Xindian -corner of Jianguo and Minzhuan, close to Tzu Chi Hospital- who has cat eyes and other quirky lenses. Let me have a look and I'll report back.

For those who take time to respond to requests for information as best they can, I believe that a certain amount of gratitude is deserved. As Icon clearly stated above, she intended to check for the OP and report back, which she did. She went above and beyond the average "I think you can find x in the general vicinity of y" response and actually made an inquiry at the store on behalf of the OP. :notworthy:

I have also taken directions, provided in good faith, that ended up costing more time than I would have liked. My advice, as a former boyscout, is to "be prepared". Google maps is your friend and would have instantly raised some suspicions about the accuracy of the location originally provided. A careful reading of Icon's post would have revealed that she intended to help you out by checking with the store before getting back to you. As Jimi, quite rightly, suggests: gratitude for well-intentioned assistance never hurts. A bit of healthy skepticism isn't such a bad thing either.

This post was recommended by Charlie Jack (20 Aug 2012, 21:57)
niaoahgin
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

18 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Where Can I Find...?