Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Pro Art Supplies in Taipei

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Re: Pro Art Supplies in Taipei

Postby papercut » 06 Jun 2012, 13:02

Does anyknow an art supply company that offers cheap shipping like iherb.com or has it easily calculable like iherb? The stores in TPE are pretty good, but there are always corner cases that are not available, and special ordering requires order a case (or at least a lot).

Cheers
papercut
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby TexMex » 06 Aug 2012, 16:09

Does anybody know if you can find Japanese pen-brushes or copic markers? I heard they are about half the price from US, also is there a sketch group around here? In Dallas they get together at a bar to sketch every other Sunday, they call it Drink And Draw, we share our stuff and get gigs for each others etc.
Forumosan avatar
TexMex
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

25 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Postby Blaquesmith » 09 Aug 2012, 18:12

Last february, I bought japanese pen-brushes at the Muji store located near Taipei City Hall MRT. They aren't super-pro, quality, but they are good enough to ink my drawings and to write chinese characters.

I don't know about the markers, sorry.
"Roda el món i torna al Born!" - famous saying from Barcelona.
Forumosan avatar
Blaquesmith
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

20 Recommends(s)
100 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 09 Aug 2012, 20:39

I bought the pen brushes here but it was over a decade ago, so all I can tell you is that I got them in one of three places: a calligraphy shop near Shi-Da, the Ba Da art shop near there (there's a thread on that, have a look), or a local stationery store. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby ironlady » 09 Aug 2012, 20:56

Ba-Da's gone now, though, isn't it? :( (I'd love to be wrong...)
Terry Waltz, Ph.D
Click here to Finally Learn Mandarin!
Squid for Brains Learning Games -- not your nainai's flash cards!
...although his father beat him every day, wishing him to learn the speech of Ts'e, it will be impossible for him [at least using current methods]...-Mencius
Forumosan avatar
ironlady
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
76 Recommends(s)
300 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 09 Aug 2012, 21:43

I assume they are still in business but don't know for sure. They moved as of Sept. 2009; the new address, below, is about two alleys south of Grandma Nitti's, and one alley to the east (Long2quan2), right next to a small park, on a corner.
台北市龍泉街87巷6號 Long2quan2 St., (one alley east of and parallel to Shi1da4 Rd.), Lane 87, #6. 2363-9307.
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby TexMex » 15 Aug 2012, 18:51

And folks do you know of big art stores in Taichung city? I'm going there later this week.
Forumosan avatar
TexMex

25 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Postby TexMex » 24 Aug 2012, 17:23

I found the place by Shi-Da Rd. in Taipei but I have this thing that I never buy in the first store, so I went also to the place right outside of Taipei Main Station, exit m7 I think. Better prices on the copics 65 vs 75 on ciaos and 150 vs 180 on color refills, a 3rd of what I used to paid in Texas.

This post was recommended by Blaquesmith (24 Aug 2012, 17:39)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
TexMex

25 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Postby Blaquesmith » 24 Aug 2012, 17:41

TexMex wrote:I found the place by Shi-Da Rd. in Taipei but I have this thing that I never buy in the first store, so I went also to the place right outside of Taipei Main Station, exit m7 I think. Better prices on the copics 65 vs 75 on ciaos and 150 vs 180 on color refills, a 3rd of what I used to paid in Texas.

Very interesting... I'll check it out. If my inspiration ever returns, having the right tools for drawing at hand helps a lot. :)
"Roda el món i torna al Born!" - famous saying from Barcelona.
Forumosan avatar
Blaquesmith

20 Recommends(s)
100 Recognized(s)

Postby TexMex » 24 Aug 2012, 18:51

Yeah I'm kinda pumped for drawing now that I can get a lot of supplies I use to order online only, I saw you have a deviantart gallery so I added you to my watch.
Forumosan avatar
TexMex

25 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Where Can I Find...?