Tattoos / tattoo / tattoing in Taiwan

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Tattoos / tattoo / tattoing in Taiwan

Postby AziatykQT » 23 Oct 2003, 12:45

Hello people... I was wondering if anyone knows of any good tattoo parlors located in Taipei, Taichung or elsewhere in Taiwan. Me and my "twin" are wanting to get one but i cant seem to find anything online... Any help would be great! :D :) :lol: :P
AziatykQT

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Richardm » 31 Oct 2003, 17:24

Go to Xi Men Ding. Lots of places on Zhong Hua road. Yesterday I saw a shop on Ba De road. West of the Core Pacific Mall and across the street.
Richardm
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby sandman » 31 Oct 2003, 17:38

This guy looks pretty good.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby wolf_reinhold » 31 Oct 2003, 22:31

Don't get a tat here. The quality and workmanship is far behind established standards. Remember that up to just several years ago, the only people who got them were gangsters and these were far from the exquisite works of art available in other parts of the world today.
Unless you want a Cindy Crawford mole only, save your money for a country with better established tat traditions and experience.
"Foreigners are just not as smart as we Chinese people."
Yen Ta-jen
Kinmen (Jinmen) deputy county commissioner
Quoted in the Taipei Times, June 27, 2001
Forumosan avatar
wolf_reinhold
"Drinks for the House!"

2 Recognized(s)

Postby miso » 31 Oct 2003, 22:40

There are some real tatoo masters here though, who do not strole around Ximending, but it seems like you have to wait several weeks to get an appointment with them...
miso
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

Postby wolf_reinhold » 31 Oct 2003, 22:44

I still beg to differ. Some are competent, but not masters. This is not a Captain Crunch cerial sticker here we are talking about getting.
Unless the poster wants a tat from every place he stops...like a traveling salesman.... :lol:
"Foreigners are just not as smart as we Chinese people."
Yen Ta-jen
Kinmen (Jinmen) deputy county commissioner
Quoted in the Taipei Times, June 27, 2001
Forumosan avatar
wolf_reinhold
"Drinks for the House!"

2 Recognized(s)

Postby OldToeSave » 31 Oct 2003, 23:51

I got a simple one done in Ximending last year by a guy on a second floor....sorry I can't be more help than that....but he was a master....he had apprentices coming from the mainland to train with him....his photos were pretty stellar as well....I think I am gonna have him do a major one for me.....

My avatar is one of my tats......however...it was done in Montreal....

INK RULES!!!!!!
OldToeSave
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby miso » 01 Nov 2003, 06:12

I recently saw a documentary on the tatoo ink causing cancer, but I'm sure you guys alread know what......
miso

Postby MiakaW » 01 Nov 2003, 16:43

Have been thinking about getting one since I came here. I wanted to get one here so I can feel like I am connected to my home land. But the sound of that *thingy* just scare me to death. Also, I couldn't find a design I like it.....

maybe I will end up getting one of those grocery bar code on my arm so whenever i go to the supermarket I can see how much I am worth to Taiwan.... :roll:
MiakaW

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby OldToeSave » 02 Jan 2004, 15:40

"I'm gettin' a tattoo now
I'm gettin' ink done.
I asked for a 13
But he drew a 31......."

Hey y'all...just met a groovy American guy....His name is Steve and he is a Master tattoo artist . He also lives in Taichung. You can call him at 0912-601-771. Tell him Toe sent ya so I can get some free ink. ;)

He has also said he'd make the trip up to Taipei if I could get a group of people together for some block appointments. PM me if you are interested. Watch this thread as I will post some pics of his work soon.
OldToeSave
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Where Can I Find...?