Tattoos / tattoo / tattoing in Taiwan

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Postby sandman » 25 Jul 2004, 17:17

Who would be so famous as to attract a young, American Hollywood actress halfway around the globe, to Bangkok?

She has a house in Cambodia that she visits often, so I've heard. She probably got inked during a stopover.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby flike » 26 Jul 2004, 08:40

sandman wrote:
Who would be so famous as to attract a young, American Hollywood actress halfway around the globe, to Bangkok?

She has a house in Cambodia that she visits often, so I've heard. She probably got inked during a stopover.

Yeah, probably, but I remember reading that the artist was one she sought out specifically, and that he was very, very famous in California, USA.

So I'm thinkin, who would be so famous in Bangkok?

Maybe he's famous only on the Malay peninsula and in SE Asia, and I just remember it wrong. :idunno:
"It is a privilege to be the stand-in for Spencer Tracy. Tracy is a fine actor, but he is most important because he understands why it is necessary to take orders from the front office." Louis B. Mayer, 1938 Academy Awards ceremony

"Why do you not sit on my lap when we talk contracts, like my other stars do?" Louis B. Mayer to Luise Rainer, 1937

"His hand always touched my right tit whenever he said the word 'daughter'." Joan Crawford, regarding Louis B. Mayer, 1938
flike
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

23 Recommends(s)
24 Recognized(s)

Tattooing in Taiwan...

Postby daryl_ks » 06 Jul 2005, 13:56

Anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with tattoos in Taiwan...

I personally am a fan of tattoos but have yet to get one done... I have been planning it for quite a few years now and have still not quite gotten there... I am llooking at doing something that combines both my New Zealand heritage and the Chinese culture that my wife belongs to.

Therefore, I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who has had tattooing experiences. I am more interested in art work as opposed to characters...

Cheers!

Daryl
Forumosan avatar
daryl_ks
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby jdsmith » 06 Jul 2005, 14:40

I got these cool little tattoos from Doritos..Batman baby! whoohoo :cool:
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby daryl_ks » 06 Jul 2005, 17:40

nice.... very nice... :bravo:

Cheers!

Daryl
Forumosan avatar
daryl_ks

Postby sandman » 06 Jul 2005, 18:14

There's a tattoo place at the Wall on the corner of Roosevelt and Jilung.
You can get a variety of Maori wannabe or tramp stamp designs there.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby twonavels » 06 Jul 2005, 18:49

Jay from The Wall can actually draw really well. He has some of his sketchbooks in the store, and I really love his style. Tattoo artists can't always help what people ask them to do, you know. He might just be a little bit better than the soundpeople at The Wall. (ahem)

The one that most of my friends have used, though, and that is apparently quite good is in that 6/7 storey small mall-thing that has been discussed here before. The top two floors have all those model soldiers/airplanes/anime toys stuff for hobbyists. On the third or fourth floor there is a Lip Service clothing store, and on the floor just above it there is a tattoo place. I think it is on Kun ming street in Ximen Ting.
Forumosan avatar
twonavels
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

4 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Jay

Postby Battery9 » 06 Jul 2005, 19:17

I got this done at Jay when he was still in an alley in Hsimending (Ximending). Cost me NT$ 4000, but I had contacts:) As you can see his fonts are a bit off...like a bad nectarine. He draws freely, not trace it like they do back home. So the N is small, and the 'h' looks like a small 'n'. But the little circle between the 8 and the 10 is perfect........that is very hard to do.Image

I would go there again.[/img]
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

24 Recognized(s)

oh

Postby Battery9 » 06 Jul 2005, 19:19

the tatt isn't crooked, it's my back that's a bit off...like a tangerine.
Battery9

24 Recognized(s)

Re: oh

Postby jdsmith » 06 Jul 2005, 21:39

Battery9 wrote:the tatt isn't crooked, it's my back that's a bit off...like a tangerine.

Uhm, I can't quite make that out...do you have a few dozen more pics? :twisted:
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Where Can I Find...?