Tattoos / tattoo / tattoing in Taiwan

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Postby Sinister Tiddlywinks » 12 Jul 2005, 00:45

Ya, I think I've seen 巫, too...
Sinister Tiddlywinks
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

Postby daryl_ks » 12 Jul 2005, 11:43

I want to get a Tattoo... but have almost given up as I can't decide what to get....

Find myself in quite a quandry....

Cheers!
Forumosan avatar
daryl_ks
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby Satellite TV » 12 Jul 2005, 12:39

daryl_ks wrote:I want to get a Tattoo... but have almost given up as I can't decide what to get....

Find myself in quite a quandry.... Cheers!

I wonder how long before this pic gets deleted along with some of the other tame pics I've posted.... It's not politically correct to have tatooed babies probably... even if that tats are fake :D :D

It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby miltownkid » 12 Jul 2005, 13:55

My friend is getting this one worked on. If he gets pissed about me putting it up I'll take it down later :twisted: .

He's really into his tats and said he did a bunch a research before getting his done. This is from a dude out of Taizhong. I'll have the whole work up (on my site :)) when he's done. There's this pimp ass looking Japanese dude on his shoulder, but I didn't get a picture of it. I was just messing around when I took this.

Available for Daoist Wizarding - [Contact info]
Forumosan avatar
miltownkid
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

2 Recognized(s)

Taoyuen Tats..

Postby Breaks28 » 12 Jul 2005, 16:15

Hey what's up all this will be my first post. Saw the tattoo topic and had to put in a word. My buddy and I were out walking in Taoyuen looking for a cell phone when we happened upon a small tattoo shop. We went in to check it out and found an absolutely amazing artist. The best work I've ever seen by far and miles ahead of western techniques. He has an amazing wall of snapshots of his work and book after book of original designs. I was just in on saturday for a six hour session to finish my sleave. This guy is a seamstress with the needle. You have to ask for breaks though or he'll just keep on going. He and his wife are super friendly and he doesn't mind if your friends come to watch. On saturday his wife even hooked us all up with free beer for the night! They speak almost no English but are super stoked to have you there. If you have ideas he'll get his apprentice to sketch something up for you. His coverups and touchups are second to none I'd say and he will gladly do free touchups on his own work if you're around that long. He's at the corner of Zhongshan Lu and Zhongzheng Lu on the second floor kittty-corner to the temple next to a drink stand. You won't be disapointed. Oh yeah and his prices are crazy low for the quality of work.
Breaks28
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby daryl_ks » 13 Jul 2005, 05:55

anyone else aware of the place Breaks28 is talking about?
Forumosan avatar
daryl_ks

Postby NaTaS » 13 Jul 2005, 09:15

I've only gotten one tattoo done in Taiwan. It turned out quite well. It does need to be touched up a bit, but that has nothing to do with the artist or quality, it's the placement of where the piece is.

I don't know where you're at, but I know two really good tattoo artists in Taichung. Their a married couple who are very professional, cool and serious about what they do. I'm working with them right now on a new piece I want to get done. They travel out of Taiwan a lot going to international conventions, but they usually are not gone for too long. PM me if you want their number or address if you are in Taichung.
Peace
The state of your life is nothing more then a reflection of your state of mind.
Forumosan avatar
NaTaS
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

Postby Ric Flair » 13 Jul 2005, 09:25

Satellite TV wrote:Image

Hey! Where did you find my baby picture!?! :eek:

I was a little more occidental, but dead on!

:s
Ric Flair

Where's the best place to get a tattoo?

Postby nhayhoe » 31 Aug 2005, 19:22

Anything I should know about getting one here?
nhayhoe

Postby Matchstick_man » 31 Aug 2005, 19:27

Dorito's, I think, have free tattoos in the pack.

I was told a koi is the fish to avoid getting tattoed on unless you do want people running from you.
Matchstick_man
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

29 Recommends(s)
6 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Where Can I Find...?