Tattoos / tattoo / tattoing in Taiwan

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Postby z24y23 » 29 Apr 2006, 02:04

there are some photos on bmezine.com that show the work of: "Diau-An, Taiwan Tattoo, Kaohsiung Taiwan"

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/netor001.html

also, if you do a search for taiwan in the site's search engine there are some testimonials by people who got work done in Taiwan.
z24y23
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby cdnmagic » 09 May 2006, 00:00

There's a tattoo shop really close to the Liohue Night Market in Kaohsiung. The artist only has 1 hand, but his work is amazing. My wife and I got ours there about 5 years ago. I'm pretty sure he's still around. Bring someone who speaks Chiense, he doesn't speak English.

Carlos
Green Smoke
Electronic Cigarettes
http://www.greensmoke.com/cdnmagic
10% Discount Code: disc10-12641
Forumosan avatar
cdnmagic
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

Reputable (i.e. SAFE) Tattoo and/ or Piercing in Taipei?

Postby TienMouBen » 15 Nov 2006, 11:20

Is it safe to assume they do piercings at these places as well? What does your average belly piercing cost?

EDITED: after DB moved me to this thread
THANKS!
05 DRZ400SM
(Yosh Ti, FCR, 3x3, Acerbis Bushguards, 427cc)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/b ... atrest.jpg

05 VW GTi
(full ABT aero, 18" chrome Schmidts, ABT chip 240hp)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/b ... y20063.jpg
TienMouBen
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Ayoimawake » 15 Nov 2006, 16:36

Seeing this thread reminded me of something I want to ask. As it stands now I have a lot of tattoos, and I plan on investing a large sum of cash for a new one very soon to get my back covered with my life story.. I have found the artist I like, and to be honest his work is excellent. First class from my point of view, and he has quoted me a price of $200,000NT. Question for the ones who have experienced tattooing here in Taiwan. Is this price reasonable?? I know compared to back home in the states this is cheap for what I want and the skill of the artist, however, I would like to get advice from some of you who have experience getting inked here.

Also, could you guys suggest any "TRUE" artists that I may stop by and consult with before I commit to this one. Any location in Taiwan is OK as long as the artist is a real artist that does top quality work.
Ayoimawake
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Tattoo/piercing shop in Taipei city?

Postby larrysnothere » 03 Mar 2007, 07:32

Hi,

does anyone know if there's any tattoo/piercing shop in Taipei city, except the ones I've found in Ximen? Not really want any "tattoo artist" just like one person here on the forum, just simple shops as I and some friend want to check their price.

Thanks
Larry
larrysnothere

Postby trapjaw » 04 Mar 2007, 23:02

500CBFan wrote:Check out the photos here: http://www.pbase.com/bonfas/shefu and then give Syl an e-mail for more info. I got mine done by SheFu Tsai, Chinese characters, and I couldn't be more happy. He's a true artist.

+1. Got one done by SheFu Tsai, and he's a real master. I'm planning to go back to him to get a full back piece (at some stage in a few years time, when I have money for that sort of thing and when I'm back in Taiwan). He's a great artist, and will work to accomodate whatever you have in mind.

z24y23 wrote:there are some photos on bmezine.com that show the work of: "Diau-An, Taiwan Tattoo, Kaohsiung Taiwan"

He's also really good, got one from him too. A little more expensive than SheFu Tsai was, but the quality is the same (ie, excellent).

Regarding the question someone asked regarding healing, I found the best stuff is that Burt's Bees resQ (I think that's what it was called) ointment. I combined that with vitamin E oil on the last tatt I got (a big one, over my whole right shoulder), and it healed up perfectly, almost no scabbing, peeling etc, and no loss of tone or shading. Took about a week to heal completely.
Forumosan avatar
trapjaw
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby trapjaw » 04 Mar 2007, 23:02

500CBFan wrote:Check out the photos here: http://www.pbase.com/bonfas/shefu and then give Syl an e-mail for more info. I got mine done by SheFu Tsai, Chinese characters, and I couldn't be more happy. He's a true artist.

+1. Got one done by SheFu Tsai, and he's a real master. I'm planning to go back to him to get a full back piece (at some stage in a few years time, when I have money for that sort of thing and when I'm back in Taiwan). He's a great artist, and will work to accomodate whatever you have in mind.

z24y23 wrote:there are some photos on bmezine.com that show the work of: "Diau-An, Taiwan Tattoo, Kaohsiung Taiwan"

He's also really good, got one from him too. A little more expensive than SheFu Tsai was, but the quality is the same (ie, excellent).

Regarding the question someone asked regarding healing, I found the best stuff is that Burt's Bees resQ (I think that's what it was called) ointment. I combined that with vitamin E oil on the last tatt I got (a big one, over my whole right shoulder), and it healed up perfectly, almost no scabbing, peeling etc, and no loss of tone or shading. Took about a week to heal completely.
Forumosan avatar
trapjaw

1 Recognized(s)

a good tattoo artist

Postby Battery9 » 18 Oct 2007, 13:00

It's that time of the year again..hahah. Watching way too much Miami Ink and now I'm itching. I want to get 3 nautical stars on my upper arm. I know stars on arms are tricky...I have had a lot of work done in Ximen and I don't think the guys there can do it.

Have any of you had some really nice tatts done? With fine lines and detail?

thanks
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

27 Recognized(s)

Re: a good tattoo artist

Postby sandman » 18 Oct 2007, 15:45

Battery9 wrote:It's that time of the year again..hahah. Watching way too much Miami Ink and now I'm itching. I want to get 3 nautical stars on my upper arm. I know stars on arms are tricky...I have had a lot of work done in Ximen (Ximen) and I don't think the guys there can do it.

Have any of you had some really nice tatts done? With fine lines and detail?

thanks

You only have wee arms. How the hell are you going to get all this on one of them?
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 20 Oct 2007, 14:07

Chris wrote:
Sinister Tiddlywinks wrote:Have you seen any Taiwanese people with Chinese character tattoos? I have. [/i]

I've seen several. I even saw a woman here with 巫 (witch, sorceror) tattooed on her neck.

that is my middle name :)
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

607 Recommends(s)
376 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Where Can I Find...?