a western oven

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Postby Dragonbones » 22 May 2008, 14:56

What's your budget? What size do you want? The cheap little ones (much bigger than a toaster oven, but too small for a turkey) are probably around $3000 and are available at all the mom and pop appliance stores as well as the big chains (RTMart etc.); for a step up from that, but without paying an arm and a leg for an import in Tianmu, you can check out the ones for around $7,000 at the baking supply in an alley next to the Minquan bridge. (See my post on previous page for details)
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby MustangSammy » 25 May 2008, 16:04

Yayyyyy! I found my oven! A second hand professional convection oven, made in England, UK price, £ 640 ...over NT$ 40, 000. Mine, I got for NT$15, 000 and in beautiful condition!
MustangSammy
Smurf account
Smurf account

Postby Mr He » 26 May 2008, 08:26

I bought oe of the NT$7k jobs last year, and they work well.

It's currently in storage because I moved into a house with a 5 burner range with 90cm wide oven attached. (Gas bottles).

A new one of those is around NT$60k or so, however they last an eternity.
Jeg er hvad jeg er.

Bring Zain back!
Mr He
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

77 Recommends(s)
105 Recognized(s)

Re: a western oven

Postby lillasn1gel » 04 Dec 2010, 18:40

Hi guys

Since this was posted a long time ago, I was just wondering if there are any new places or if the stores mentioned still exist. I live in Taipei and I am looking to buy a convection oven,new or old. Something at a good price would be good. The little ones at 3C and Costco don't look all that good. They don;t seal properly, so I wonder of they retain heat. Any info would be great.

Thanks
lillasn1gel
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 04 Dec 2010, 20:08

The DIY baking store near the Minquan bridge still exists AFAIK, as does the one in Donghu. Both sell the Dr. Goods, which I like. It seals well but the sides and back aren't very insulated so you can't have it touching flammable items or plastic. Please see the Home Oven Recommendations thread in the Food Forum area.
NEW! Better for you! This post is now carb-conscious, low-fat, and gluten-free!
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby lillasn1gel » 05 Dec 2010, 00:02

thank you :)
lillasn1gel

1 Recommends(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Where Can I Find...?