Tattoo Removal

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Tattoo Removal

Postby BOBTURLE » 05 May 2009, 15:15

Wondering if anyone knows how to get a tattoo removed in Taipei. Have two that are ugly now. I know you can do it in Canada (for an arm and a leg.)

Thanks
Forumosan avatar
BOBTURLE
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Tattoo Removal

Postby irishstu » 05 May 2009, 15:42

What happens if it's not on your arm or leg?
"I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar."

DIY guitar projects
Forumosan avatar
irishstu
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

90 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

Postby Enigma » 05 May 2009, 22:38

I think you answered your own question. Take an arm or leg or both.
Seriously though, most tat shops know how to lighten the area to obscure the "art". You will never be totally rid of it. It will just be masked.
EDIT: A friend had his blended in with some new "art" so that he got what he wanted but it was simply an improvement of the old.
Enigma
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 06 May 2009, 00:52

I imagine this poster is interested in removal of tattoos using lasers, no?
NEW! Better for you! This post is now carb-conscious, low-fat, and gluten-free!
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
112 Recognized(s)

Postby Enigma » 06 May 2009, 20:31

No doubt. Although lasers can help, they will not remove the tatoo. Obscure, yes. Once you get it, it's yours. Period.The best way to not have a tatoo is not get one in the first place. I have one, and am happy with it and it will stay. I know that if I wanted to be rid of it, laser or otherwise, I will be dissapointed.
Enigma

15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Taiwan Luthiers » 11 May 2009, 15:04

Maybe sharks with frigging laser on its head works better...
Cat-gut strings are made from kitten guts, stretched out to near breaking point and then hardened with grue saliva. As a result these give a feeling of Pain and anguish whenever played, and often end up playing themselves backwards as part of satanic rituals.

Typhoon Guitars
http://www.typhoonguitars.com
Taiwan Luthiers
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

1 Recommends(s)
90 Recognized(s)

Postby lui » 10 Jul 2009, 09:08

I realize this thread is is a few months old, but at least my first post is about something useful. I found this clinic in Taipei>> http://www.revahealth.com/cosmetic-plas ... oo-removal

I just emailed them myself and will keep you posted on prices and whether or not it actually fried off my old ghetto biker tattoo. :cool:

I assume there will be some scarring and some ink left and that it will take many sessions of pain, but at least then I can do a cover-up without having to choose a bigger darker one to mask my already dark tattoo. Oh and the lightening with ink and cover method does work, but you will be bound to choosing at bigger, darker tat. If your tattoo is tribal style art, get laser removal first. That's why lasering first in so nice, it will lighten even the darkest tats for covering.

Is lasering a word? I bet there's and English teacher or two on this forum who knows. :)
lui
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby the chief » 10 Jul 2009, 09:16

I thought there was a new one that used like liquid nitrogen or whatever the fuck that stuff is that freezes the Copinator in T2?
"Got to hurry back to my hotel room
Where I got me a date with a pretty little girl from Split"

You're driftin' out of touch, Doc. G_d help us all.

"They wanted Hellboy, they got Hellboy."
-superking

Fully ordained Dudeist Priest, CLDD in good standing, available for weddings, funerals, and league semifinals, PM me.
Forumosan avatar
the chief
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

24 Recommends(s)
73 Recognized(s)

Postby Mother Theresa » 10 Jul 2009, 10:09

Is this the OP by any chance?

"The internet is a monster over which we have no control. We can’t even turn it off." Jeremy Clarkson
Forumosan avatar
Mother Theresa
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

14 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby lui » 10 Jul 2009, 15:38

:roflmao:

Considering that he wanted "Love, Honour, and Obey" for the original tat, I'd say the tattoo artist did that ugly boy a favor.
lui
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Where Can I Find...?