little dessicant packets

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

little dessicant packets

Postby nemesis » 20 Dec 2009, 16:50

I know that a lot of companies in Taiwan (esp. Taichung County) manufacture these to put into food products, and was wondering if anyone knows of any online sites where I can order some. I've looked into O-buster, but they mostly make oxygen suckers, which are different; I just want plain old dessicant packets. I know that there are shops in Taipei stocking them, but I'm not in Taipei, so a shop in Hsinchu to which I could drive or a website where I could direct-order would be ideal. (No need for a middleman if it can be avoided, and I'm willing to order a fairly large quantity.)

I know that RT Mart stocks big ones; maybe that company makes small ones too?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi
Forumosan avatar
nemesis
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Re: little dessicant packets

Postby jimipresley » 20 Dec 2009, 16:55

What's a "dessicant packet", Ms Nemesis?
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1024 Recommends(s)
387 Recognized(s)

Postby nemesis » 20 Dec 2009, 17:21

Those little things that you find in food and handbags that say, "Do not eat."

They keep things dry and usually contain carbon or silica gel.
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi
Forumosan avatar
nemesis

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 20 Dec 2009, 17:23

Aha. I eat a packet of Airwaves each day and they have one in. Want me to save them for you?
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1024 Recommends(s)
387 Recognized(s)

Postby nemesis » 20 Dec 2009, 17:38

I never thought of saving them... hmmm.... I put them into baked stuff so it doesn't go all gloopy in the humidity.
Forumosan avatar
nemesis

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby Noel » 20 Dec 2009, 22:00

Most camera shops carry the bigger ones (3 inch by 3 inch or so), but if you ask them, they may be able to get a line for you on some of the smaller ones.
Blessed are you who has given each man a shield of loneliness so that he cannot forget you. You are the truth of loneliness, and only your name addresses it. Strengthen my loneliness that I may be healed in your name, which is beyond all consolations that are uttered on this earth. Only in your name can I stand in the rush of time, only when this loneliness is yours can I lift my sins toward your mercy.

"Blessed are You" - Book of Mercy 1984
Forumosan avatar
Noel
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

Postby kage » 21 Dec 2009, 07:12

Ask Mr. He. He might know.
Forumosan avatar
kage

4 Recommends(s)

Postby kuoocc » 21 Dec 2009, 07:53

Attention:

You can find those things in food and handbags that say, "Do not eat."

Try instant noodles.
Teresa Kuo, Registered Travel Agent
Office:02-2521-2050 Fax:02-8192-6640 Mobile:0939-453-529
http://www.motherteresatravel.com (That's Teresa with no "h"!)
Forumosan avatar
kuoocc
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby Dragonbones » 21 Dec 2009, 11:27

If you buy them in camera shops etc. you are likely paying way too much. Go to Dihua St. and search; there's a shop in that area selling plastic bags and packaging that has big, cheap bags of these. Sorry, I don't remember which shop; I went there with vw once, 4.5 years ago.
NEW! Better for you! This post is now carb-conscious, low-fat, and gluten-free!
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
112 Recognized(s)

Postby El Toro » 21 Dec 2009, 11:29

Hi Nemesis! My wife sent you a link to the company that supplies them.
El Toro
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Where Can I Find...?