Please add your location to your profile

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Please add your location to your profile

Postby Dragonbones » 21 Dec 2010, 14:00

Please take a moment to add your location to your profile or state your location when posting in WCIF so that people are better able to help you when you ask where to find things. Thanks!
NEW! Better for you! This post is now carb-conscious, low-fat, and gluten-free!
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
39 Recommends(s)
112 Recognized(s)

Re: Please add your location to your profile

Postby Yurtle » 21 Dec 2010, 14:41

Thanks, Great tip!
Forumosan avatar
Yurtle
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby bismarck » 21 Dec 2010, 15:05

I think mine has always been there.
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
143 Recognized(s)

Postby Northcoast Surfer » 21 Dec 2010, 15:31

Done! :bow:
Forumosan avatar
Northcoast Surfer
Not actually banned (he just tells everyone he is)

175 Recommends(s)
142 Recognized(s)

Postby Stray Dog » 21 Dec 2010, 15:47

Wherever I lay my hat.
SUPPORT ANIMAL RESCUE WHEN SERVICING, SOURCING, REPAIRING, OR BUYING A CAR THROUGH AUTOCHECKERS!

I'm NOT SO ACTIVE HERE ANY MORE. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH AN ANIMAL RESCUE OR DOG-BEHAVIOUR ISSUE, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT s e a n i m a l s @ g m a i l . c o m OR CALL 0920 620 109. THANKS!

Want to learn how the dog whisperer does his magic? Learn the simple but highly effective tricks to bringing about positive change in your dog: http://seanimals.blogspot.com/

"I will be quoted in someone's signature, even if I have to do it myself!"—Stray Dog
Forumosan avatar
Stray Dog
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

3 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Micahel » 05 Apr 2012, 14:00

Can't find it, were do I find my profile?
Forumosan avatar
Micahel
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

Location: Where unhappy people do not spread their misery on social media all day
23 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby chelseakao » 05 Apr 2012, 19:06

how do you edit your profile?
chelseakao

3 Recommends(s)

Postby cranky laowai » 05 Apr 2012, 19:11

Forumosan avatar
cranky laowai
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

37 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 05 Apr 2012, 19:18

Dragonbones wrote:Please take a moment to add your location to your profile or state your location when posting in WCIF so that people are better able to help you when you ask where to find things. Thanks!

Half the time, even if the SUBJECT of the thread also lists the location, people pay no attention and just tell you where stuff is in their area.

But its a good idea...
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby thesmalltree » 04 May 2012, 22:53

I just stated that i live in taipei
Thanks
thesmalltree

In Taiwan since: 17 Aug 2009

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Where Can I Find...?