Deported after you do your time?

All issues that are not covered by the following legal forums may be posted here.
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Deported after you do your time?

Postby steev » 09 Sep 2011, 18:39

the bear wrote:
steev wrote:The guy got busted for a Romeo scam. When last i heard (from cable TV report), he'd just been arrested, so no idea if they found him guilty, or of what. The news report suggested he might be a bigamist, or that he might be in trouble merely from having to promised to marrry various women. In the West I imagine it would be a non-crime, but not so here in Taiwan...

Oh god not Shane again..........................

That's the name he operated under. Not his real name, I think. What happened to him?
steev
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby steev » 09 Sep 2011, 18:58

ok, just did a search and found him in the open thread. looks like my next Q might be about visiting people in prison!
and amazingly, my guess was right - he did come back a second time. "A dog returneth to its vomit," is the Biblical chengyu that springs to mind...
steev

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Charlie Jack » 17 Sep 2011, 12:32

steev wrote:looks like my next Q might be about visiting people in prison!

Sorry it took so long to respond. I haven't checked this forum in a while.

One of the posters here, Omniloquacious, posted some information about that in 2004:
viewtopic.php?p=193396#p193396

Another poster, bob_honest, visits or has visited someone in prison. He posted some information about it here:
viewtopic.php?p=1085182#p1085182
viewtopic.php?p=1200547#p1200547

Hope this helps.
Charlie Jack
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

1120 Recommends(s)
194 Recognized(s)

Postby bumclouds » 13 Feb 2012, 22:01

Super Hans wrote: If it is drugs possession the Canadian is in trouble for.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Your warning level: [4]
Forumosan avatar
bumclouds
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

97 Recommends(s)
77 Recognized(s)

Postby Militarygamer » 08 Jun 2012, 16:26

It depends on the type of crime.

If it is an idcitiable offence, such as murder, trafficking of drugs or arms he may be barred from returning as his presence constitutes a threat of peace.

If it is a petty crime, assault, theft, very likey to return.

Hope it answers your question
Militarygamer
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby Northcoast Surfer » 08 Jun 2012, 19:13

Militarygamer wrote:It depends on the type of crime.

If it is an idcitiable offence, such as murder, trafficking of drugs or arms he may be barred from returning as his presence constitutes a threat of peace.

If it is a petty crime, assault, theft, very likey to return.

Hope it answers your question

Idcitiable offence? Huh? :ponder:

Are you trying to say indictable offense? Back to law school cub! :doh:

indictable offense n. a crime (offense) for which a grand jury rules that there is enough evidence to charge defendant with a felony (a crime punishable by death or a term in the state penitentiary). These crimes include murder, manslaughter, rape, kidnapping, grand theft, robbery, burglary, arson, conspiracy, fraud, and other major crimes such as trying to manufacture or use a fake ARC in order to reside and/or work in Taiwan illegally.

This post was recommended by jimipresley (08 Jun 2012, 19:25)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
Northcoast Surfer
Not actually banned (he just tells everyone he is)

175 Recommends(s)
142 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to General Legal Matters