Do I have a chance in this against them in this situation?

All issues that are not covered by the following legal forums may be posted here.
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Do I have a chance in this against them in this situation?

Postby Whole Lotta Lotta » 07 Jan 2012, 19:39

Fortunately your lesson may only be financial. Better than losing your ARC over it.
I have an APRC. I think this helps me a little bit. I have never heard of anybody being deported over something like this.

You said you went to buy a new bike, is that because the one you were riding was written off or impounded by the police?

The police did nothing about the bike. The reason I went to buy a new one is because the one I was riding was crappy even before the accident.
Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la, One banana. Two banana. Three banana. Four...
Forumosan avatar
Whole Lotta Lotta
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
Location: Somwhere close to comfort and yet always too far away.
6 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby zender » 07 Jan 2012, 21:54

You said you were measured at over .25?! :eek: And the police were trying to figure out how much higher your level was when the accident happened? Is there more than one way of measuring blood alcohol content? I'm guessing that if the police/prosecutor tells a judge your alcohol level, the judge won't want to hear your testimony as you were too tanked to give a reliable account.
And did you say you drove to a spot where you could walk part of it off? I wouldn't tell that to a judge.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.intheknowzone.com/substance- ... ation.html

5. BAC = .10 = This is legally drunk in most states. There is a clear deterioration of reaction time and control.

6. BAC = .12-.15 = Vomiting usually occurs, unless this level is reached slowly or a person has developed a tolerance to alcohol. Drinkers are drowsy.

Drinkers display emotional instability, loss of critical judgment, impairment of perception, memory, and comprehension.

Lack of sensor-motor coordination and impaired balance are typical. Decreased sensory responses and increased reaction times develop. The vision is significantly impaired, including limited ability to see detail, peripheral vision, and slower glare recovery.

8. BAC = .18-.25 = Drinkers are disoriented, confused, dizzy, and have exaggerated emotional states. Vision is disturbed, as is perception of color, form, motion, and dimensions.

Drinkers have increased pain threshold and lack of muscular coordination. Drinkers stagger or lose the ability to walk and have slurred speech. Apathy and lethargy are typical.

9. BAC = .25-.30 = Drinkers display general inertia, near total loss of motor functions, little response to stimuli, inability to stand or walk, vomiting, and incontinence. Drinkers may lose consciousness or fall into a stupor.

10. BAC = .30-.50 = Symptoms are complete unconsciousness, depressed or absent reflexes, subnormal body temperature, incontinence, and impairment of circulation and respiration.

Death may occur at .37% or higher. BACs of .45% and higher are fatal to nearly all individuals.
zender
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

85 Recommends(s)
118 Recognized(s)

Postby Whole Lotta Lotta » 07 Jan 2012, 22:29

zender wrote:You said you were measured at over .25?! :eek: And the police were trying to figure out how much higher your level was when the accident happened? Is there more than one way of measuring blood alcohol content? I'm guessing that if the police/prosecutor tells a judge your alcohol level, the judge won't want to hear your testimony as you were too tanked to give a reliable account.
And did you say you drove to a spot where you could walk part of it off? I wouldn't tell that to a judge.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.intheknowzone.com/substance- ... ation.html

5. BAC = .10 = This is legally drunk in most states. There is a clear deterioration of reaction time and control.

6. BAC = .12-.15 = Vomiting usually occurs, unless this level is reached slowly or a person has developed a tolerance to alcohol. Drinkers are drowsy.

Drinkers display emotional instability, loss of critical judgment, impairment of perception, memory, and comprehension.

Lack of sensor-motor coordination and impaired balance are typical. Decreased sensory responses and increased reaction times develop. The vision is significantly impaired, including limited ability to see detail, peripheral vision, and slower glare recovery.

8. BAC = .18-.25 = Drinkers are disoriented, confused, dizzy, and have exaggerated emotional states. Vision is disturbed, as is perception of color, form, motion, and dimensions.

Drinkers have increased pain threshold and lack of muscular coordination. Drinkers stagger or lose the ability to walk and have slurred speech. Apathy and lethargy are typical.

9. BAC = .25-.30 = Drinkers display general inertia, near total loss of motor functions, little response to stimuli, inability to stand or walk, vomiting, and incontinence. Drinkers may lose consciousness or fall into a stupor.

10. BAC = .30-.50 = Symptoms are complete unconsciousness, depressed or absent reflexes, subnormal body temperature, incontinence, and impairment of circulation and respiration.

Death may occur at .37% or higher. BACs of .45% and higher are fatal to nearly all individuals.

Umm... Taiwan uses a different system than they do in the States. You can basically add a 0 after that decimal point.
Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la, One banana. Two banana. Three banana. Four...
Forumosan avatar
Whole Lotta Lotta

ORIGINAL POSTER
Location: Somwhere close to comfort and yet always too far away.
6 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby Charlie Phillips » 07 Jan 2012, 22:33

zender wrote:Death may occur at .37% or higher. BACs of .45% and higher are fatal to nearly all individuals.

You are mixing your scales. Taiwan doesn't use blood alcohol percentage.
"Why do you want gas? It's hot. You can have cold showers" ~gas delivery man height of summer, 2010.

"Why you wear so many clothes? You are foreigner. Foreign countries are cold." buxiban owner, depth of winter 2011.
Forumosan avatar
Charlie Phillips
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

83 Recommends(s)
164 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 23 Mar 2003

Postby zender » 07 Jan 2012, 22:42

Thanks for the info, Guys. :bow: This makes more sense.
zender

85 Recommends(s)
118 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to General Legal Matters