Need info on capturing traffic violations and earning money.

All issues that are not covered by the following legal forums may be posted here.
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Need info on capturing traffic violations and earning money.

Postby Modest Mouse » 06 Jan 2012, 11:45

I am going to buy a helmet camera soon and I've heard that you can send in a video/pics of people violating traffic laws and if they pay their fine, then you get a percentage of that money.

Is this true?

Can someone fill me in on the details (i.e. Video or pictures are acceptable? What kind of violations can I submit? Where do you send in the vid/pics?)?

Thanks in advance.
Modest Mouse
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
7 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Re: Need info on capturing traffic violations and earning money.

Postby Remi » 06 Jan 2012, 11:47

if you film me, I will kick you helmet camera! I like my red light right turns and sometimes passing by red on an empty road... !
Remi
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby finley » 06 Jan 2012, 12:00

No idea, but sounds like an interesting (and dangerous) concept. Don't forget to post in the "how I got rich" thread next year!

If this is true, I'm amazed the cops don't do it while standing there with their mouths hanging open at junctions. Camera on hat, turn in the SD card at the end of the shift, $1million a month in commissions, at least.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

670 Recommends(s)
545 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 06 Jan 2012, 12:22

I've heard of this as well. The hot one at the moment is catching people littering, but this is difficult as you need to know when they are going to do it.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby Remi » 06 Jan 2012, 12:25

But seriously if you do this as a foreigner, the next thing you do is posting in the "beaten up for..." thread
Remi

Postby Bubba 2 Guns » 06 Jan 2012, 12:29

What about taking pictures of people running red lights? I've got a real honey pot where I could make this into a full time job. I've seen city buses cruising through this intersection well after the light changed.
""It occurred to me, the basis of fiction, is that people have some sort of connection with each other that they don't" -Richard Harrow
Forumosan avatar
Bubba 2 Guns
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

6 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby Remi » 06 Jan 2012, 12:36

How about not filming traffic lights but filming stupid slow driving on the left lane on the freeway or children behind the wheel or something like that?
Remi

Postby finley » 06 Jan 2012, 12:42

Remi wrote:How about not filming traffic lights but filming stupid slow driving on the left lane on the freeway or children behind the wheel or something like that?

The possibilities are endless - that's the point. You can start filming in any random direction and you'll catch at least one violation every couple of minutes. You might also accidentally catch a baseball bat with your head, too, unfortunately.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley

670 Recommends(s)
545 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Save » 06 Jan 2012, 12:53

Helmetless kids alone would earn you your "fuck you money"*. I am all over this one.

*James Clavell, Noble House.
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

52 Recommends(s)
47 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 06 Jan 2012, 12:59

I'm in lets make crazy money kids!!!!!!!!
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to General Legal Matters