child at risk

All issues that are not covered by the following legal forums may be posted here.
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

child at risk

Postby sawman1972 » 07 Feb 2012, 11:57

My marriage has been on rocky grounds and every argument we have my wife threatens to return to Taiwan with my daughter. Our last argument was a big one.This time I felt we definetely were splitting. She threatened again this time giving a time over her getting a ticket and leaving within the week. I pretty much had enough now and worried about this.
I dropped my wife off at home then took off with my daughter to families house to keep her out of the trouble and fighting plus out of her mother reach to take her.
Well in the morning after fighting a lot she asked for us to ry again and it was just an argument and she doent mean the thigs she says. Well I aggreed to give it another go but needed to have my daughters passports and would put flight restriction on her leaving. She aggreed as well as getting councilling for her anger issues.
Now I told her the only time my daughter will go overseas is with me present. Atleast for a couple years until I feel safe. But it then occured to me that if she is playing games just to get the opportunity to take her. She could say lets go to Taiwan for a holiday and when we are there tell me she doesn't want to go back and fights over Anisha and bans her from leaving the country in Taiwan. This could turn into a large circle.

My question is. Is there anything I can do to stop this or atleast give me a better chance at seeing the police and courts in Tawain to get them to give her to me to leave the country.

I was thinking making her and her family say on video that the visit to Tawain is only temporary and will return to Australia. Blah blah.

But comman sense tells me there is no safe way to return to Taiwan without that risk. So maybe I cannot let her go even with me until I am fully confident.
sawman1972
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: child at risk

Postby Mick » 07 Feb 2012, 12:23

You may find this thread useful. NEWS STORY: Taiwanese/US Custody Battle Also this was reported in the news, Mother relieved by end of five-year custody battle
Forumosan avatar
Mick
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

56 Recommends(s)
105 Recognized(s)

Postby SillyWilly » 07 Feb 2012, 14:17

From what I can gather from your info, if you decide to travel to Taiwan with your wife and daughter, and your wife decides to stay in Taiwan with your daughter, you'll be giving up your "home ground" advantage. Legally, you'll have the same rights as your wife in Taiwan, but you'll possibly need to fight a legal battle on your wife's home turf.

Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Good luck.
Forumosan avatar
SillyWilly
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

1 Recommends(s)
6 Recognized(s)

Postby sawman1972 » 07 Feb 2012, 15:24

Thanks for the replies.

problem is she is saying her father is sick so she needs to go home to see him and she will keep pressuring me on this issue. I am pretty soft and will proabably endup agreeing. I am wondering what things I can do as in video or paper work to make her sign to give me the edge in court.
I really dont know what to do.
sawman1972

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Isha » 07 Feb 2012, 15:38

You can let her visit her father. You can also visit her father at another point with a day trip. You should surely avoid a family trip to Taiwan and let your daughter be with your family while you are visiting.
Isha
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 07 Feb 2012, 15:49

If her father is sick, let her go visit her father. Your child remains with you. My grandparents lived thousands of miles away when I was a kid and I rarely saw them. My mother visited twice a year. When her father was sick she never took us along. Nor did my dad go.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

851 Recognized(s)

Postby Okami » 07 Feb 2012, 16:15

She leaves Oz with your kid. You'll never see your kid again. That's just how it is. So if you agree, make sure you say your final farewells to your daughter because you won't see her again after you leave Taiwan or she leaves Australia.

Once you try your name will be dragged through the mud as she plays helpless and defenseless against the foreign devil. Any judgements from Oz or a Taiwanese court will be diligently ignored. The best is she'll have the kid enter on the Taiwanese passport then "lose" it so your daughter can't go back. You're not the first, and you won't be the last.
Professor Walter Williams has remarked that he’s glad he went to college “before it became fashionable for white people to like black people.”
Forumosan avatar
Okami
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

8 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Postby sawman1972 » 07 Feb 2012, 16:26

This is all very good advice.
Its just hard. I told her I would try and work it out. But then to ever disallow her to ever take her daughter to Taiwan even with me makes the marriage have 0 trust. I should just end it. But I want so bad for us to work things out. Atleast our daughters sake.
sawman1972

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Okami » 07 Feb 2012, 17:24

It's a zero sum game mate, there is no win-win with your wife and that can really mess us up and lead to bad decisions being made.

My recent one is the first floor. My In-laws want it converted to a living room, my wife wants it converted to a play area/living room. I was an adamant no, till she ruined our date night about it. I decided to compromise, I'll clean it up and move everything, but I want curtains. Her response, "Why does it always have to be about what you want? Curtains are hard to clean." I was the one going to have to install them, move all my stuff from the 1st fl to the 4th, and then move all the 2nd flr stuff to the first. This has been going on for her for 3 years.

Sometimes it's just about power and who has it. Your kid steps foot in Taiwan before 18 with your wife and she'll have it all over you. Ask pgdaddy how well that worked out for him.
Professor Walter Williams has remarked that he’s glad he went to college “before it became fashionable for white people to like black people.”
Forumosan avatar
Okami

8 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 07 Feb 2012, 17:36

Get off this website. RIGHT NOW! Get a lawyer. NOW! If you don't, you WILL lose your child. It is that simple. MOVE! You have no time to waste.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to General Legal Matters