P.I to gather evidence of my cheating wife

All issues that are not covered by the following legal forums may be posted here.
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: P.I to gather evidence of my cheating wife

Postby pgdaddy1 » 02 Apr 2012, 12:19

jdsmith wrote:Watch out for scams.

And there are A LOT of scammers about. Just because a "PI" works for a large agency which advertises on buses etc, it doesn't mean that he or she is not dishonest. Foreigners are a particularly easy target.
Forumosan avatar
pgdaddy1
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

97 Recommends(s)
39 Recognized(s)

Postby bigduke6 » 02 Apr 2012, 12:22

agent007 wrote:
jdsmith wrote:
agent007 wrote:
jdsmith wrote:Watch out for scams. Do you plan on using the evidence for divorce? if so, why not just save your money and divorce her?

Keeping my options open.Divorce or prosecute the guy.

Make the guy pay for...oh gosh. That's coooooold. :lol:

I just want him out of the picture.I may still want to save the marriage.

You can still make him pay! Get the evidence and find out what staying outta jail is worth to the cad.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody
fucks with the Jesus.

Mr.Lahey: The shitabyss!
Randy: Mr. Lahey, not another night of the shitabyss, please?!
Mr.Lahey: Ah, fuck it.

If you talk to god, you're religious. If god talks to you, you're psychotic.
Gregory House

I got me a dog and named her Mybitchniggaeater.
2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Postby agent007 » 02 Apr 2012, 12:27

I would like to know their fees.Anyone knows?
agent007
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Shaktipalooza » 02 Apr 2012, 12:55

wow, you can go to jail for servicing someone's wife??
Forumosan avatar
Shaktipalooza
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

6 Recognized(s)

Postby cranky laowai » 02 Apr 2012, 13:15

Shaktipalooza wrote:wow, you can go to jail for servicing someone's wife??

Correct.
Forumosan avatar
cranky laowai
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

35 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 02 Apr 2012, 14:39

agent007 wrote:
jdsmith wrote:
agent007 wrote:
jdsmith wrote:Watch out for scams. Do you plan on using the evidence for divorce? if so, why not just save your money and divorce her?

I know nothing of your case, but blaming this guy for everything will only leave you with a false sense of security if you do try and patch things up with your wife, and in all likelihood your wife will go do the same thing again.

It takes two to tango, and unless this guy is coercing your wife into relations, she is best case scenario 50% into this tryst.

Its time to step back and examine this as we see it. You are on a messageboard anonymously asking for PI info so you can spy on your wife in the hopes that you can fuck over her lover. Your anger is in the wrong direction, if you truly want to save your marriage, talk to your wife, scapegoating the other guy won't solve very much.

This post was recommended by 4 Forumosans: Incubus (02 Apr 2012, 14:58), Northcoast Surfer (02 Apr 2012, 15:09), pgdaddy1 (02 Apr 2012, 19:12), tsukinodeynatsu (03 Apr 2012, 21:59)
Rating: 23.53%
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

75 Recommends(s)
369 Recognized(s)

Postby Northcoast Surfer » 02 Apr 2012, 15:08

ChewDawg wrote:If the PI catches his 'ole lady in the act, she could get 1 year in prison. Ain't that right under current laws?

It's kind of correct, but not necessarily. This adultery law is just like almost every "law" in Taiwan....total bullshit.

1. If the OP has incontrovertible proof of his wife committing adultery, then he has the following options available to him.

a. He can sue his wife and her lover in court. They can both be convicted, fined and receive up to a 1 year prison sentence. He can also sue for a contested divorce and win based on the proof of adultery.

b. He can forgive his wife and not sue her, but still sue the lover. The wife gets off without anything, but the lover gets convicted, fined and receives up to a 1 year prison sentence.

c. He can forgive his wife and the lover and not sue anyone. However, he can use the incontrovertible proof of adultery to force the wife to agree to divorce, give up claims to the house, automobiles, and defer principle custody of the children to him in lieu of prosecution (blackmail). He can also force the lover to pay him a substantial amount of cash and agree to stay away from his wife in lieu of prosecution (blackmail).

The statute of limitations is 6 months from the time he has the incontrovertible proof of adultery to file charges against his wife or the lover.

Most of the cases I've dealt with concern Taiwanese husbands and their Taiwanese wives. The wife ends up catching her husband committing adultery and has incontrovertible proof of it. The wife ends up forgiving her husband because he's simply a man who can't help himself and afterall, it's the evil tempress who is at fault. If it weren't for "the other woman", her husband would never have strayed. So, the wife ends up suing the female lover of her husband, but the adultering husband never gets punished. It's always the womens' fault in Taiwan!

Anyone remember the Chu Mei-Fong saga? The married man who was doing her was forgiven by his wife and nothing ever happened to him, but Chu Mei-Fong got dragged through the mud in the media and the court of public opinion.

How about the lawmaker who took off to Vegas with his personal assistant to get married although he was still married at the time. Was never sued by his wife, never faced charges of bigamy, but his personal assistant was demonized in the media and by the lawmaker's wife and family members.

The adultery law is nothing but a tool for blackmail and public humiliation which allows for selective prosecution. Suggesting that the law defends family, the institution of marriage or public morals is laughable.

This post was recommended by cranky laowai (02 Apr 2012, 15:56)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
Northcoast Surfer

176 Recommends(s)
142 Recognized(s)

Postby agent007 » 02 Apr 2012, 15:27

Deuce Dropper wrote:
agent007 wrote:
jdsmith wrote:
agent007 wrote:

I know nothing of your case, but blaming this guy for everything will only leave you with a false sense of security if you do try and patch things up with your wife, and in all likelihood your wife will go do the same thing again.

It takes two to tango, and unless this guy is coercing your wife into relations, she is best case scenario 50% into this tryst.

Its time to step back and examine this as we see it. You are on a messageboard anonymously asking for PI info so you can spy on your wife in the hopes that you can fuck over her lover. Your anger is in the wrong direction, if you truly want to save your marriage, talk to your wife, scapegoating the other guy won't solve very much.

I am not blaming EVERYTHING on the guy but he is part of the problem.There is no anger here.I just simply want to gather evidence .I am not doing this in hopes of "fucking over her lover" even though that is justifiable.
agent007

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Deuce Dropper » 02 Apr 2012, 15:32

agent007 wrote:
Deuce Dropper wrote:
agent007 wrote:
jdsmith wrote:
agent007 wrote:

I am not blaming EVERYTHING on the guy but he is part of the problem.There is no anger here.I just simply want to gather evidence .I am not doing this in hopes of "fucking over her lover" even though that is justifiable.

Yes, he is fifty percent of the problem (at most), you need to talk about this with your wife (the other 50%), and if you can't do that and instead want evidence for a 'gotcha' moment down the road, you need to re-examine the stability of the relationship.

It is a shitty situation and I feel bad for you, but you need to think about saving your marriage (which you mentioned you wanted to do). Anger and revenge won't save your marriage. People make mistakes, people slip, it is up to you to decide whether or not you want to forgive them, because going on the attack makes reconciliation much more difficult.
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper

75 Recommends(s)
369 Recognized(s)

Postby Hartzell » 13 Apr 2012, 08:32

agent007 wrote:I would like to know their fees.Anyone knows?

My Taiwanese wife's younger sister had experience with the Private Investagator field in Taiwan when she suspected her husband was cheating. There were "continual fees."

In other words, there was a statement of fees up front, and a deposit was collected.

However, . . . . . now we have a special camera, so if we use this it will cost more. Now we need another person to follow your spouse around, so it will cost more. Now we will need to use special low-light recording technology, so it will cost more. Now we will have to install secret cameras in their "love nest" . . . . so it will cost more. Now we will have to install high-quality mikes, so it will cost more.

Then when they finally caught the two in the "love nest" and were getting it very well recorded . . . . then the PI agency demanded a BIG "BREAKING THE CASE" BONUS !!!!

Hence, my wife and her younger sister concluded that the whole PI industry in Taiwan is one giant scam.

P.S. . . . . . if they can't find a person whom your spouse is seeing on the side . . . . . they will HIRE someone to act the part, and do what is necessary, and then they will still hit you with all the demands for fees, extra fees, and bonuses.
Richard W. Hartzell
contact me by email at rwh.midway@gmail.com
Neihu District, Taipei (114)
Forumosan avatar
Hartzell
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

19 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to General Legal Matters