P.I to gather evidence of my cheating wife

All issues that are not covered by the following legal forums may be posted here.
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: P.I to gather evidence of my cheating wife

Postby housecat » 13 Apr 2012, 08:54

I have no experience with this, but what Hartzell said makes complete sense in this culture.

In fact, I think you could gather your own evidence just as well, if you really wanted to. You obviously already know there is someone, you seem to know who it is, and I can't imagine it would be very hard for you to prove it on your own.

But the fact is that if you want to save your marriage it simply doesn't matter who he is, or if there's proof. Your wife wouldn't be with someone else if there weren't a reason. Either this is someone she was in a relationship with before and not really gotten over, or she's met him because there is something lacking in your marriage, or some problem that she hasn't been able to work out with you, or something similar.

If you go about trying to get evidence of your wife's affair, you will only cause a greater divide between you, as she will very likely resent her privacy being invaded, resent being made vulnerable legally, resent that this other person whom she may care for is also now vulnerable legally, and you will be the cause of all this resentment. How are you supposed to expect her to re-build a marriage with you then?

I know that SHE is the one who is cheating, but if you will still have anything left with her, then you will have to forgive her. Having photo/video evidence of her transgressions would seem to me to make that a lot more difficult.

Good luck.
Forumosan avatar
housecat
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

95 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

P.I to gather evidence of my cheating wife

Postby headhonchoII » 13 Apr 2012, 09:59

You can put some tracking and recording software on the phone , as a start. Cheaper than hiring a PI maybe. If you are not angry that sounds strange to me.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1480 Recommends(s)
556 Recognized(s)

Previous

Return to General Legal Matters