Fake ARC, chances of getting caught?

All issues that are not covered by the following legal forums may be posted here.
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Fake ARC, chances of getting caught?

Postby baberenglish » 08 Jun 2012, 16:44

Forumosan avatar
baberenglish
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

13 Recognized(s)

Re: Re: Fake ARC, chances of getting caught?

Postby cfimages » 08 Jun 2012, 18:25

Militarygamer wrote:
Hartzell wrote:
Militarygamer wrote:. . . . . . . Every time I go to an interview, they shall ask me do I have an ARC or some kind of ID that makes me qualify to work otherwise they can't hire me.

I don't quite understand your situation. Are you married or single? If married, what is the citizenship/nationality and visa status of your spouse here in Taiwan?

My guess is that you are single, otherwise you would have spoken more knowledgeably about "work permission for holders of a JFRV."

So . . . . . as a single person, I think you need to rethink what you are trying to do, and get a better grasp of the legal situation here. According to your legal description, it would seem that one obtains RESIDENCY RIGHTS in Taiwan and then goes to look for a job. (Which might result in "discrimination" if you don't have a college degree, etc.) However, that is not the situation in Taiwan.

In Taiwan, you obtain work permission first, and then you obtain residency rights based on that.

I hope these comments are of some value to you.
Best wishes.

Because employers are unwilling to hire someone without an ARC or would not proceed an ARC for a foreigner, as I have no ARC the question is if I buy/create a fake ARC, lie that I have an ARC during the interview and when I get hired I hand in my " fake ARC" for inspection.

Assuming you could do all that and the company hired you, when they process your very first paycheck and send the details off to the tax office, the tax office will find that no such ARC exists and you'll quickly be shipped off to the foreigners jail.

It's illegal. Just get a legal job the way everyone else here has.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

243 Recommends(s)
223 Recognized(s)

Postby Northcoast Surfer » 08 Jun 2012, 19:15

Militarygamer wrote:People here tell me they use fake degrees to find teaching jobs. I do not need a fake degree, I want a non-teaching job but the law of the Republic of China is very restrictive, employers cannot hire me because of the 2 year and 48000 income rule, while more are unfamiliar with the law and do consider foreign candidates at all. Every time I go to an interview, they shall ask me do I have an ARC or some kind of ID that makes me qualify to work otherwise they can't hire me. I am fed up living like an illegal immigrant, I have an impressive degree but prospective jobs are not open to me because I don't have an ARC/ID. I've heard foreign workers using fake ARCs on the news, what are the chances of getting caught and what will happen to me? Will I get deported, imprisoned or both?

Were you absent the day they taught law in law school? :loco:
Forumosan avatar
Northcoast Surfer
Not actually banned (he just tells everyone he is)

175 Recommends(s)
142 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 08 Jun 2012, 22:35

cfimages wrote:There's a story in todays newspaper about a foreigner caught making fake ARC's.

Link? I'd love to read it.
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby cfimages » 08 Jun 2012, 23:08

Confuzius wrote:
cfimages wrote:There's a story in todays newspaper about a foreigner caught making fake ARC's.

Link? I'd love to read it.

It was in the China Post. Can't find it on their website though.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages

243 Recommends(s)
223 Recognized(s)

Postby Abacus » 09 Jun 2012, 01:07

What? Are you serious? I cannot for the life of me understand what is so special about Taiwan that you would risk going to jail to work in an underpaid and overworked local job. I said it before but your best chance to work at a good job in Asia is to get experience in the US and then apply for foreign postings.

Frankly I'll be honest about something though. You say that your resume is impressive but your decision making seems extremely suspect and I'm not sure I would hire you for anything.
Abacus
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

142 Recommends(s)
140 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 10 Jun 2012, 13:05

Exactly. Why is he selling himself like a local? Because he looks Chinese? C'me on, try to see an ABC doing that, even if it was for teaching English, not to mention an office job. Please...

OK, one more time, Auntie Peng will give you one more chance. Yes, I am a fellow Oversize, eh, Overseas Chinese. Without the benefits, I do not have the card identifying me as such. I am also Latin American. If I had a US passport, dear, with my experience and knowledge, I'd be rolling in dough, and I do not mean the one you make cookies with. So listen up to a piece of advice based on more than a decade working in this island:
Sell yourself expensive, sell yourself right.
Auntie Peng has discovered that Taiwanese people like expensive things. if you price a product too cheaply, they will not buy it. Add a couple of zeroes, and they go bunkers. Go in those places for interviews with at least a 50K figure. Hire a headhunter, for Pete's sake. Go to international companies, as everyone has said. You could be one of those people who do not have to move a finger, but have a secretary that does all the work for them, from ordering pizza to laundry. And you know what? The places that want a white face want it for show, mostly. If they want to really penetrate the market, if they want to build guanxi, they send a Chinese face, one of their own. OK fo far? Got it? Really? Then do it!

Do not concede a thing, or this people will walk all over you. You will regret it if you go all needy and ready to break the law for them, because when the poo poo hits the fan, they will not stand for you, they have guanxi. The one deported/in jail or both will be you. Instead of building a future here, gaining time for a permanent residence and tax rebates and health benefits and all, you could end up with the short end of the stick. Do not make the same mistakes others have made. The ones who use fake degrees/IDs etc. are shooting themselves in the foot. They are burning all bridges, being here short term. Don't follow their footsteps. Make the right choices from the beginning.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

790 Recommends(s)
615 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to General Legal Matters