is it slander?

All issues that are not covered by the following legal forums may be posted here.
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

is it slander?

Postby agent007 » 17 Jun 2012, 00:23

Is it considered slander if I write a letter and expose to the employer ,co workers and friends of the man who is having an affair with my wife?A lawyer told me according to TW laws,slander could still be established even though you are telling the truth.
agent007
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: is it slander?

Postby Confuzius » 17 Jun 2012, 00:48

agent007 wrote:Is it considered slander if I write a letter and expose to the employer ,co workers and friends of the man who is having an affair with my wife?A lawyer told me according to TW laws,slander could still be established even though you are telling the truth.

Even if its not slander, its a pretty little bitchy thing to do.

Why air out your dirty laundry in public? All it does is make you look like less of a man (even 'more' less than simply not being able to keep a woman, but then going and sniping about it).

So either way, BAD idea.
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 17 Jun 2012, 00:56

And I guess your story has developed...and you have changed your mind since this last post:

agent007 wrote:
Deuce Dropper wrote:
agent007 wrote:
jdsmith wrote:
agent007 wrote:
jdsmith wrote:Watch out for scams. Do you plan on using the evidence for divorce? if so, why not just save your money and divorce her?

Keeping my options open.Divorce or prosecute the guy.

Make the guy pay for...oh gosh. That's coooooold. :lol:

I just want him out of the picture.I may still want to save the marriage.

I know nothing of your case, but blaming this guy for everything will only leave you with a false sense of security if you do try and patch things up with your wife, and in all likelihood your wife will go do the same thing again.

It takes two to tango, and unless this guy is coercing your wife into relations, she is best case scenario 50% into this tryst.

Its time to step back and examine this as we see it. You are on a messageboard anonymously asking for PI info so you can spy on your wife in the hopes that you can fuck over her lover. Your anger is in the wrong direction, if you truly want to save your marriage, talk to your wife, scapegoating the other guy won't solve very much.

I am not blaming EVERYTHING on the guy but he is part of the problem.There is no anger here.I just simply want to gather evidence .I am not doing this in hopes of "fucking over her lover" even though that is justifiable.

Pretty much sounds like you're trying to fuck the guy over. https://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=108452&start=10
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby agent007 » 17 Jun 2012, 01:15

This is called exposure and its purpose is to end the affair and it's recommended by a very successful clinical psychologist who has helped many couples recovered their marriage.If I wanted to fxxk over the guy,there are many other ways of achieving that !So how does that make me look less of a man?What could I do to make me look more of a man then?Just walk away and let him have her?Thats what you would do, right?
agent007

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby tango42 » 17 Jun 2012, 15:26

Can't you sue the guy in Taiwan? Happens all the time where one partner cheats, and then the person who the partner cheated with gets sued by the person that was cheated on.
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
tango42
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

6 Recommends(s)
32 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 17 Jun 2012, 15:31

OP, you're hurting, but the time, effort and money you'll put in hurting another man is not worth it. Spend that effort and focus in healing yourself, the outcome will be much better!
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby Battery9 » 17 Jun 2012, 20:47

Maybe he is a good employer and they won't care. You can get into an awful lot of trouble with name slandering. It sucks to know that your wife cheated on you, and I think you should end the marriage because how could you ever feel save with her again?

there was a foreign guy whose wife was having an affair with a local. He wrote to a newspaper about it, and we got a distraught message that he had to leave the island on short notice. I don't know if the guy is a local, but I'd be more afraid of what may happen if I write on paper that this person is doing it. Rather tell everyone you know. Gossip gets around fast.
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

26 Recognized(s)

Postby TheGingerMan » 17 Jun 2012, 22:47

I advise the OP to get photo or video evidence of the crime. Holding such is the trump card here, and one could arrange some nice vengeance.
That is all.
May the force be with you!
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)

4 Recommends(s)
221 Recognized(s)

Postby Teddoman » 18 Jun 2012, 04:37

Video or photos speak louder than slander. Even if your goal is to embarass the dude into stopping the affair, let the video or photos do the talking.

I notice you didn't mention exposing him to his family. I wonder if you should consider this too. Family politics is always complicated, and you might find his parents or siblings become your allies, if they know what he is up to. That is, if they don't chase you off the property first.
Teddoman
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

12 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 18 Jun 2012, 04:45

Teddoman wrote:Video or photos speak louder than slander. Even if your goal is to embarass the dude into stopping the affair, let the video or photos do the talking.

I notice you didn't mention exposing him to his family. I wonder if you should consider this too. Family politics is always complicated, and you might find his parents or siblings become your allies, if they know what he is up to. That is, if they don't chase you off the property first.

Guys you watch a lot of T.V. Like a lot. This man here is flesh and blood, he is angry, humiliated and wants the other guy to be humiliated but that's not going to make him feel better. You want him to take photos and vids of his wife with the other guy.......and ruin every chance of the marriage he is so badly hurting for. Big deal. People cheat. Women cheat. Sometimes men forgive and the marriage works sometimes men do not forgive. But really? Taking pics :loco: How do you propose he do that?? Hide under their bed or pay someone else. :hand:
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea

362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to General Legal Matters