Taipei offers free legal services across the city

All issues that are not covered by the following legal forums may be posted here.
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby Hartzell » 04 Aug 2006, 15:49

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ ... 2003321712

The pro bono program offers services to five clients a day between 9:30am and 11:30am, Monday to Friday at twelve district offices. Reservations are required. For more information, contact the department at (02) 2720-6813.
Richard W. Hartzell
contact me by email at rwh.midway@gmail.com
Neihu District, Taipei (114)
Forumosan avatar
Hartzell
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
19 Recognized(s)

Postby CampDavid » 20 Aug 2006, 15:27

Do you know of anybody offering free legal services in Xinzhu?
Fikarast Co., Ltd.
CampDavid
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby tristach » 25 Sep 2006, 08:40

Thanks for the post, but the phone numbers from the first post above do not work.

I tried this both this AM.

The site would be great if the numbers worked. Maybe someone could help us with that.

Nick Stach
tristach
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby metrosexual » 07 Feb 2007, 00:20

At the intersection of 貴陽街 and 康定路 (next to the police station), you'll find the TAIPEI CITY NEW IMMIGRANTS' HALL. The offer a variety of services including a free consultation with a lawyer on Friday afternoons. The one I met and got to know/need speaks English very well.

Recently he told me that he doesn't go there any more because aside from myself, nobody ever dropped in. He thinks it's because the foreigners don't know about this place.

Incidently, I think now they have other lawyers volunteering their time there on Fridays, but he says his free consultation is still availble. His name is John Yuan, and you can reach him at 0910-180-130.

I hope you don't need a lawyer, but if you do, at least he's good for a free chat to discuss your options...and/or you can always drop into the TCNIH to see what they can do for you as well.

Good luck
metrosexual
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

Postby Mucha Man » 04 May 2007, 01:07

metrosexual wrote:At the intersection of 貴陽街 and 康定路 (next to the police station), you'll find the Taipei CITY NEW IMMIGRANTS' HALL. The offer a variety of services including a free consultation with a lawyer on Friday afternoons. The one I met and got to know/need speaks English very well.

Recently he told me that he doesn't go there any more because aside from myself, nobody ever dropped in. He thinks it's because the foreigners don't know about this place.

Incidently, I think now they have other lawyers volunteering their time there on Fridays, but he says his free consultation is still availble. His name is John Yuan, and you can reach him at 0910-180-130.

I hope you don't need a lawyer, but if you do, at least he's good for a free chat to discuss your options...and/or you can always drop into the TCNIH to see what they can do for you as well.

Good luck

Where is this place? I translated the roads but haven't a clue where they are in the city. Thanks.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

841 Recognized(s)

Postby Buttercup » 04 May 2007, 01:10

WanHua. Round the back of LongShan Temple.
'Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof'

Before you lovingly craft your PM, make like any writer and consider your audience. With all the information at your disposal, is there any possibility that the recipient will open it? Would your time be better employed?
Buttercup
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

8 Recognized(s)

Re:

Postby Stray Dog » 20 Feb 2009, 11:19

metrosexual wrote:Incidently, I think now they have other lawyers volunteering their time there on Fridays, but he says his free consultation is still availble. His name is John Yuan, and you can reach him at 0910-180-130.

For anyone else who needs this, John Yuan is available on the first (ground) floor of Taipei City Hall, at least on Friday mornings, until 11:30.
SUPPORT ANIMAL RESCUE WHEN SERVICING, SOURCING, REPAIRING, OR BUYING A CAR THROUGH AUTOCHECKERS!

I'm NOT SO ACTIVE HERE ANY MORE. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH AN ANIMAL RESCUE OR DOG-BEHAVIOUR ISSUE, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT s e a n i m a l s @ g m a i l . c o m OR CALL 0920 620 109. THANKS!

Want to learn how the dog whisperer does his magic? Learn the simple but highly effective tricks to bringing about positive change in your dog: http://seanimals.blogspot.com/

"I will be quoted in someone's signature, even if I have to do it myself!"—Stray Dog
Forumosan avatar
Stray Dog
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

3 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Re: Taipei offers free legal services across the city

Postby crystaleye » 10 Jul 2011, 01:34

Hartzell wrote:Taipei offers free legal services across the city

The pro bono program offers services to five clients a day between 9:30am and 11:30am, Monday to Friday at twelve district offices. Reservations are required. For more information, contact the department at (02) 2720-6813.

Hey do these lawyers help in preparing personal Wills?
The war is mine!

這局我贏定了!
crystaleye
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

34 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby Edgar Allen » 06 Feb 2012, 11:45

crystaleye wrote:
Hartzell wrote:Taipei offers free legal services across the city

Hey do these lawyers help in preparing personal Wills?

I know a really good guy in HK who does customized personal wills and can cover multi jurisdictional issues. He isn't horribly expensive for a basic will and has done them for my wife and I. PM me if you want his contact details?
get fit in your own time, no equipment, no gym membership - www.ludusfit.com
Forumosan avatar
Edgar Allen
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)

2 Recommends(s)

Postby GermanStereotype » 08 Feb 2013, 00:42

This is an old post and Information is not up-to-date. Here is the newest information.

Legal consultation service in Taipei City Hall:
Mon-Fri 9-12 and 14-17 hour
Address: 1st floor, Taipei City Hall 臺北市市府路1號1樓
Phone registration: 02-27256168
On-site registration: start 8:30 and 12:30

This post was recommended by karmaGfa (01 Mar 2013, 11:26)
Rating: 4%
GermanStereotype
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

13 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 07 Jan 1983

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to General Legal Matters