PUBLIC AWARENESS ADVISORY: ADVANCE FEE FRAUD SCHEMES

All issues that are not covered by the following legal forums may be posted here.
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: PUBLIC AWARENESS ADVISORY: ADVANCE FEE FRAUD SCHEMES

Postby Belgian Pie » 01 Jun 2012, 16:21

So, on June 2003 my client made a fixed deposit for US$1,500,000,000.00 (One billion, Five Hundred Million US Dollars Only) in a Bank here in Benin with standing statement/agreement with the bank that all correspondence in respect to the fixed deposit contract must be sent to him through my humble chambers. Upon maturity, the routine notification was sent to me, which I dispatched to his forwarding address in the British Cayaman Islands as usual, with a copy to his personal assistant in Caracas, Venezuela, and his wife in Rio de Janiero. However, after six months I had still not received any reply.

After that time, I sent a British private investigator, however he was unable to find any trace of my client, his assistant, or family members. Finally, I discovered from a private investigator in Mexico that he died with his family in the August 16, 2005, West Caribbean Airways Flight 708, a McDonnell Douglas MD-82, which crashed in western Venezuela. All persons on board, 152 passengers and 8 crew members, perished.

My god, this is really international business ... well, globalization throughout ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
92 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to General Legal Matters