PUBLIC AWARENESS ADVISORY: ADVANCE FEE FRAUD SCHEMES

All issues that are not covered by the following legal forums may be posted here.
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby JeffG » 29 Dec 2002, 23:37

Richard I have gotten so many of those it is ridiculous. Sometimes I reply and sometimes I just forward it to the hosting service provider. Maybe pass them to the CIA instead?

ATTN: American Citizens living in Taiwan, please support American Citizens Abroad - ACA http://www.americansabroad.org/

Americans living in Taiwan write to your senators and representatives and ask them to repeal FATCA and support residency based taxation (RBT) for Americans living abroad!

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
C.S. Lewis
Forumosan avatar
JeffG
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

7 Recognized(s)

Postby Hartzell » 07 Jan 2003, 07:53

FROM BENDEWOR BEN:(bbenderor@latinmail.com)
ALTERNATE EMAIL:(bbendewor@hongkong.com)

Dear Friend,

Compliments of the season,I would like to firstly send to you the best wishes of good health and success in your pursuits particularly through my proposal as Contained in this letter. Before going into details of my proposal to you, I must first implore you to treat with the utmost confidentiality, as this is requiredfor its success.

My colleagues and I are senior officials of the Federal Government of Nigeria
Richard W. Hartzell
contact me by email at rwh.midway@gmail.com
Neihu District, Taipei (114)
Forumosan avatar
Hartzell
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

18 Recognized(s)

Postby daltongang » 07 Jan 2003, 12:11

got one with a new twist today

just how is this guy a prince? his father is a farming king i guess?

the will really cracks me up.

JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA.
EMAIL: jidewilliams2000@epatra.com

REQUEST FOR URGENT ASSISTANCE/INVESTMENT

Dear Sir/Madam ,

My names is PRINCE JIDE WILLIAMS, the elder son of Mr. ANTHONY WILLIAMS, of Zimbabwe. It might be a surprise to you where I got your contact address, I got it from network on line, South African. During the current crises against the farmers of Zimbabwe by the supporters of our President Robert Mugabe to claim all the white owned farms in our country, he ordered all the white farmers to surrender their farms to his party members and their followers.

My father was one of the best farmers in the country and knowing that he did not support the president's political ideology, the president's supporters invaded my father's farm burnt down everything, shot him and as a result of the wounds sustained, he became sick and died a! fter two days. And after his death, I with my younger Brother decided to move out of Zimbabwe for the safety of our lives to South-Africa.

BUT, before he died HE WROTE HIS WILL, which reads "(MY BELOVED SON ,I WISH TO DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO THE SUM OF ($25,000,000=00). MILLION U.S DOLLARS WHICH I DEPOSITED IN A BOX WITH A SECURITY COMPANY IN JOHANNESBURG (SOUTH-AFRICA). IN CASE OF MY ABSENCE ON EARTH CAUSED BY DEATH ONLY". You should solicit for reliable foreign partner to assist you to transfer this money out of South Africa for investment purpose. I deposited the money in your name and it can be claimed by you alone with the deposit code. Your
mother has all the documents. Take good care of your mother and brother."

From the above, you will understand that the lives and future of my family depends on this money as much, I will be very grateful if you can assist us. I with my younger bro! ther are now living in South-Africa as POLITICAL ASYLUM SEEKERS and the financial law of SOUTH-AFRICA does not allow ASYLUM SEEKERS certain financial rights to such huge amount of money. In view of this, I cannot invest this money in South-Africa, hence I am asking you to assist me transfer this money out of South-Africa for investment purposes. For your efforts, I am prepared to offer you 20% of the total fund, while 5% will be set aside for local and
international expenses and 75% will be kept for me and my family.

Finally modalities on how the transfer will be done will be conveyed to you once we establish trust and confidence between ourselves. Looking forward to your urgent reply. For detailed information.
NOTE: THE KEY WORD TO THIS TRANSACTION IS ABSOLUTE CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECRECY. THIS TRANSACTION IS 100%
RISK FREE. YOUR URGENT RESPONSE WILL BE HIGHLY
APPRECIATED.

BEST REGARDS,

jide williams

Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

Postby iris » 13 Jan 2003, 09:28

Reply-To: musgambo@myself.com
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:07:23
Subject: Attn: The Managing Director/Ceo

ATTN: Managing Director/Ceo

DEAR SIR,

IT IS WITH TRUST AND CONFIDENCE THAT I WRITE TO MAKE THIS REQUEST TO YOU.
MY NAME IS GENERAL MUSTAPHA GAMBO (RTD). I SERVED IN THE NIGERIAN ARMY DURING
THE TENURE OF OUR LAST MILITARY PRESIDENT NAMED GENERAL SANNI ABACHA. DURING
MY ACTIVE SERVICE I DID A LOT OF DEALS AND SECURE ABOUT US$28 MILLION (TWENTY-EIGHT
MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS). DUE TO MY POSITION IN THE GOVERNMENT I DID NOT
WANT ANYBODY TO KNOW ABOUT THIS MONEY, FOR THIS REASON I PARKED THIS MONEY IN
TRUNK BOXES, AND USED MY POWER TO DEPOSIT THE TRUNK BOXES IN A SECURITY COMPANY
SOMEWHERE IN LAGOS, THE FORMER CAPITAL OF NIGERIA.

ALSO I DECLARED THE CONTENTS AS CERTIFIED TREASURY TO THE OFFICIALS OF THE
SECURITY COMPANY. I SPECIFICALLY DECLARED ALSO THAT THE TRUNK BOXES BELONGED
TO MY FOREIGN ASSOCIATE SO THAT THEY WILL NOT SUSPECT ME. WHEN I was DOING THIS,
WHAT I had IN MIND WAS THAT, AFTER MY RETIREMENT I CAN CLAIM THE BOXES AND USE
THE MNEY TO BUY REAL ESTATE AND VILLA.

PRESENTLY, THIS DEMOCTRATIC GOVERNMENT HAS DECIDED TO LOOK INTO THE ADMINISTRATION OF GENERAL ABACHA AND THE GENERALS THAT SERVED UNDER HIM, ON THIS PROCESS THEY SIEZED ALL MY ASSETS, FROZE ALL MY BANK ACCOUNTS, AND IN ADDITION, THEY SEIZED ALL MY TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS. ALL I have NOW IS THIS $28 MILLION, WHICH I DEPOSITED IN THE SECURITY COMPANY IN LAGOS. AS THINGS STAND NOW, I CANNOT TRAVEL OUT OF NIGERIA, AND THAT IS WHY I want YOU TO ASSIST ME IN CLAIMING THIS MONEY SO THAT YOU CAN ALSO HELP ME TO INVEST THE MONEY INTO ANY PROFITABLE BUSINESS IN YOUR COUNTRY OR GO INTO A JOINT VENTURE WITH YOU. ALL YOU ARE GOING TO DO FOR ME IS TO COME DOWN TO LAGOS WHERE THE SECURITY COMPANY IS LOCATED AND CLAIM THE BOXES AS MY FORIGN ASSOCIATE ON WHOSE BEHALF THE TRUNK BOXES WERE DEPOSITED.

ALL YOU WILL DO IS TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT IN ONE OF THE INTERNATINAL BANKS IN LAGOS
WHERE WE WILL PAY IN THE MONEY IN YOUR NAME, AND AFTER THAT, YOU WILL NOW ORDER
THE BANK TO TRANSFER IT OUT TO YOUR COUNTRY WHERE WE WILL INVEST THE MONEY IN
BUSINESS.

IF YOU FINALLY AGREE TO DO THIS BUSINESS WITH ME, I WILL GIVE YOU A PERCENTAGE OF
THE MONEY FOR ASSISTING ME. THIS SHALL BE DICUSS IN OUR SUBSEQUENT MAIL. IF I hear
FROM YOU, I WILL GIVE YOU THE CONTACT OF THE SECURITY CPMPANY SO THAT YOU CAN
CALL THEM AND ARRANGE ON HOW TO CLAIM THE CONSIGNMENT ON MY BEHALF.

I WILL SEND YOU ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS USED IN DEPOSITING THE CONSIGNMENT
AND I WILL ISSUE YOU ALSO SOME DOCUMENTS TO CONFER THE OWNERSHIP OF THE CONSIGNMENTS TO YOU. THE DOCUMENTS INCLUDE; CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT, POWER OF ATTORNEY AND LETTER OF AUTHORITY.

CONTACT ME THROUGH THIS EMAIL OR FAX NO:&#56190;1-4400378.

AWAITING YOUR REPLY TO PROCEED WITH THE BUSINESS. YOU SHOULD SEND ME YOUR PHONE AND FAX NUMBER TO CONTACT YOU TO DISCUSS MORE ABOUT THIS.

REGARDS,

GEN. MUSTAPHA GAMBO (RTD)
Iris in transition: Are we there yet?
Forumosan avatar
iris
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

Postby JeffG » 22 Jan 2003, 22:25

Richard do you know anything about this one? Seems it is not the Nigerian Scam letter. But then again I guess it could be....
-------

De Lotto Netherlands
41132, NL-1007 DB AMSTERDAM
www.delottonetherlands.net

INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT,
REF: EGS255125600777 AND BATCH NO: 54/1017/IDL.

ATTENTION: Sir/Madam,

RE/ AWARD NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to inform you of the announcement today, 22th january 2003, of
winners of the DE LOTTO NETHERLANDS LOTTERY / INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
held on 28TH december 2002 as part of our end of year bonanza.

You or your company, attached to ticket number 034-1416-4612-750, with serial
number 6521-11 drew the lucky numbers 31-51-22-24-39-43, and consequently
won the lottery in the 3rd category.

You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay
out of US$800,000.00 in cash credited to file REF
NO. REF: EGS255125600777. This is from total prize money of
US$13,600,000.00 shared among the seventeen (17) international
winners in this category. All participants were selected through a computer
balloting system drawn form 25,000 names from Middle East, Asia, Africa,
Canada, Europe and North America and Oceania as part our International
Promotions Program, which is conducted annually.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Your fund is now deposited with Financial Trust Group, a
security, House insured in your name. Due to the mix up of some numbers and
names, we ask that you keep this award strictly from public notice until your claim
has been processed and your money remitted to your account. This is part of our
security protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous acts by participants of
this program.

We hope with a part of you prize, you will participate in our
end of year high stakes US$1.3 billion International Lottery.

To begin your claim, please contact your claim agent;

TH OMPSON SELLECK
FINANCIAL TRUST GROUP,
LONDON,
TEL/ FAX: Tel/Fax: +442076919301.
Tel/Fax: +442076919430.
Satellite phone: +8821646685846.
EMAIL: thompsonselleck4@uymail.com

for due processing and remittance of your prize money to a
designated account of your choice.

Remember, you must contact your claim agent not later than 28th of january,
2003. After this date, all funds will be returned as unclaimed. All correspondences
to MR.THOMPSON SELLECK,either by fax or email,should have this EMAIL sent
along with it and also, your FULL ADDRESS, YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE and
your EMAIL ADDRESS to which this email is sent,should be clearly and BOLDLY
WRITTEN IN YOUR RESPONSE with your claims agent.

NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please remember
to quote your reference and batch numbers in every one of your correspondences
with your agent. F urthermore,should there be any change of your address, do
inform your claims agent as soon as possible.

Congratulations again from all our staff and thank you for
being part of our promotions program.

Sincerely,

SHIRLEY JENSEN.
THE PROMOTIONS MANAGER,
DE LOTTO NETHERLANDS.

N.B. Any breach of confidentiality on the part of the winners
will result to disqualification. Please do not reply to this mail. Contact your claim
agent
When words aren't enough - Vodafone live! A new world of colour, sounds, picture messages and information on your mobile. Click here to find out more.

ATTN: American Citizens living in Taiwan, please support American Citizens Abroad - ACA http://www.americansabroad.org/

Americans living in Taiwan write to your senators and representatives and ask them to repeal FATCA and support residency based taxation (RBT) for Americans living abroad!

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
C.S. Lewis
Forumosan avatar
JeffG

7 Recognized(s)

Postby Acintyabedhabedhananda » 23 Jan 2003, 08:26

My God, do you mean to say these things are fake? Does that mean I won't get my money back?

At least my deposit is safe, having been personally guaranteed by H.M. the Sultan of Boogastan.
Acintyabedhabedhananda

Postby amos » 23 Jan 2003, 08:35

Doesn't anybody use the junk mail filter :?
Forumosan avatar
amos
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

Postby iris » 13 Mar 2003, 09:48

Here's a new one!!:

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 06:49:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: request for assistance

Dear friend,
My name is Glorja Kovac, daughter of late Miodrag Kovac, former Yugoslav Minister of Health. My father died under mysterious circumstances and immediately after his death the government seized our properties and froze our account. I was under house arrest for almost a year I was released after so much pressure from the British and u.s.a government. I discovered in my fathers memo that he deposited a large sum of money about US40.3 Million Dollars in a secured location outside my country (location will be given to you in due time). Because of the suspicious circumstances surrounding his death I can not contact any of my fathers friends to assist me in recovering this fund since I do no longer trust anybody.

Presently, I have been able to get all the particulars that will enable me establish claim to this fund but I cannot do this alone without the assistance of an outsider who does not have any relationship with my country. It will be impossible for me to divulge all the needed information concerning these funds to you now until I am sure I can trust you adequately. I have contacted you hoping that I can trust and rely on you. Your assistance will be highly financially compensated and I am willing to negotiate with you whatever compensation you want. I will need your assistance in securing the release of these funds as it will be risky for me to present myself as the owner. If you are willing to assist me I will be most glad, however should you not be in a position to assist I will appreciate if you do not communicate the contents of this letter to any third party. Any action in this direction will be destructive to my person. Please you can reply me through this my private e-mail box

Yours submitfully,

Glorja Kovac

Iris in transition: Are we there yet?
Forumosan avatar
iris

Postby Nikki » 01 Apr 2003, 08:52

Dear Sir,

My name is Mr. V.A Giwabomba, The Assistant Manager, credit and foreign bills of UNITED BANK PLC. I am writing in respect of a foreign customer of my bank, his name is Mr. Khali Hamzatte with account number 17-25652007 he was among the 143 people who died in the GULF AIR FLIGHT 072 plan crash on the 26th of August 2000.

Since the demise of this customer, I personally has watched with keen interest to see the next of kin but all has proved abortive as no one has come to claim his funds of $1,257,645,321.12 [One billion two hundred and fifty seven million six hundred and forty five thousand, three hundred and twenty one dollars and twelve cents] which has been with my branch for a very long time.

Mr. Hamzatte was a sharecropper on an oil field in Kuwait, and through frugal management of his family's finances managed to amass this not inconsequential amount of excess funds which he deposited in my bank for safekeeping.

On this note, I decided to seek for whom his name shall be used as the next of kin as no information was filled in for the next of kins position, and as it is the bank has started a review of all three-year dormant accounts, this is done on a yearly basis. All dormant funds are remitted into the government treasury, hence I want to use this sizable opportunity in asking your assistance in the successful transfer of this funds to a safe account away from the government.

In view of this I got your contact through uprooted search after realizing that your Name and Country is similar to the deceased. I will give you 40% of the total.

Upon the receipt of your response, I will send you by fax or e-mail the application, bank's fax number and the next step to take. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this business is hitch free and that you should not entertain any fear as all modalities for fund transfer to your country will be facilitated through a most secured method to be agreed upon by both parties, this transaction can be finalized within at the shortest possible time. When you receive this letter.

Kindly send me an e-mail signifying your decision including your private Tel/Fax numbers for quick communication.

Respectfully submitted,

Mr. V.A. Gimba Giwabomba
Nikki

26-year-old boy chooses me through prayer!

Postby *monkey* » 01 Apr 2003, 09:42

DEAR SIR,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you.

I got your contact from the internet. I prayed over it and selected your name among other names. I am JAMES KONE, the only son of late Mr and Mrs David Kone. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan,the economic capital of Ivory Coast before he was poisoned to death (with a rare Russian poison) by his business associates on one of their outing to discuss on a business deal. He died a horrible death, and I am sure you do not want to know the details.

When my mother died on the 21st October 1984, my father took me and my junior brother special because we are motherless. Before the death of my father on 30th June 2000 in a private hospital here in Abidjan. He secretly called me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum of $12,500,000.01 (Twelve Million, five hundred thousand dollars and one cent) left in a suspense account in a local Bank here in Abidjan, that he used my name as his first son for the next of kin in depositing of the fund.

He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth and some huge amount of money his business associates supposed to balance him from the deal they had that he was poisoned by his business associates, that I should seek for a God fearing foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose, (such as real estate management).

Sir, we are honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways.

1) To provide a Bank account where this money would be transferred to.

2) To serve as the guardian of this since I am a BOY of 26 years.

Moreover Sir, we are willing to offer you 10% of the sum as compensation for effort input after the successful transfer of this fund to your designated account overseas.

Anticipating to hear from you soon.

Thanks and God Bless.

Best regards.

JAMES KONE
Floggings will continue until morale improves

Monkey's portmanteau of the day: Scootard
Forumosan avatar
*monkey*
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

4 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)