Forumosa - Personal Info

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Re: Forumosa - Personal Info

Postby ironlady » 09 Aug 2012, 23:42

I'm pretty sure there was language somewhere about we will not sell your e-mail, etc. etc. when people signed up on F.com originally. I doubt most of them would care to get unsolicited e-mails from a third party -- no matter how "related" the third party believes the products or services might be -- as a result of having signed up on Forumosa. There is certainly no opt-in box for receiving communications from third parties about products or services.
Terry Waltz, Ph.D
Click here to Finally Learn Mandarin!
Squid for Brains Learning Games -- not your nainai's flash cards!
...although his father beat him every day, wishing him to learn the speech of Ts'e, it will be impossible for him [at least using current methods]...-Mencius
Forumosan avatar
ironlady
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
87 Recommends(s)
321 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 0- 0-1987

Postby divea » 09 Aug 2012, 23:53

ironlady wrote:I'm pretty sure there was language somewhere about we will not sell your e-mail, etc. etc. when people signed up on F.com originally. I doubt most of them would care to get unsolicited e-mails from a third party -- no matter how "related" the third party believes the products or services might be -- as a result of having signed up on Forumosa. There is certainly no opt-in box for receiving communications from third parties about products or services.

Then Gus should've given it some thought! :lol:
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

367 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby ironlady » 10 Aug 2012, 05:25

Or the person who took it should act ethically.
Terry Waltz, Ph.D
Click here to Finally Learn Mandarin!
Squid for Brains Learning Games -- not your nainai's flash cards!
...although his father beat him every day, wishing him to learn the speech of Ts'e, it will be impossible for him [at least using current methods]...-Mencius
Forumosan avatar
ironlady
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
87 Recommends(s)
321 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 0- 0-1987

Postby jimipresley » 10 Aug 2012, 05:43

I'm watching Chiquita:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1027 Recommends(s)
387 Recognized(s)

Postby Nuit » 10 Aug 2012, 08:11

Apology now received, it seems that the normally so reliable e-mail system just failed to send my original reply.
Why does that *always* happen in this kind of incident ? :wink:

divea wrote:I think he may have the data base...just saying, that if you gave the guy your info and he starts another company, he may use it to promote his wares.

I didn't sign up here to have someone waltz off with my details. If an admin departs, they should leave all that stuff behind :2cents:.

divea wrote:My thing was why give feedback to the flob??? Wouldn't it better to tell the Taiwanease people to 'back off ans stop spamming'? :D

Why not give feedback here? It's my (and presumably others) details that are being compromised.
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
74 Recommends(s)
100 Recognized(s)

Postby engerim » 10 Aug 2012, 10:33

Nuit wrote:
divea wrote:My thing was why give feedback to the flob??? Wouldn't it better to tell the Taiwanease people to 'back off ans stop spamming'? :D

Why not give feedback here? It's my (and presumably others) details that are being compromised.

Hi, anyone with the priviledges to use the "EMail" function in the Forums (which is almost the same as sending a PM) can send messages to your email address.
Whatever data Anthony (aka maoman, now on Taiwanease.com) and Gus (aka Goose Egg, owner of Forumosa.com) share(d) is up to them.
I suggest you contact them directly at admin@taiwanease.com and admin@forumosa.com if you have concerns about this.
Forumosan avatar
engerim
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

8 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Feedback