Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

The Rainbow "U" of Forumosa

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Re: The Rainbow "U" of Forumosa

Postby rosarot » 01 Dec 2011, 23:01

Charlie Jack wrote:Bearing in mind that you're the boss and can name it whatever you want:

It sounds fine to me. I think that's an accepted, conventional term, one that I see fairly often in the papers. I think it would be nice, though, if Forumosa's gays and lesbians expressed their opinions about it.


I'd personally go with LGBQT but LGBT would be ok too.

Sticking with Gay could lead a lot of people to the impression that it's for males only.
Why do people say "Grow some balls."? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding! – Betty White
Forumosan avatar
rosarot
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
 
Posts: 197
Joined: 06 Nov 2011, 03:21
Location: invisible bikelane
9 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)



Re: The Rainbow "U" of Forumosa

Postby John » 01 Dec 2011, 23:36

rosarot wrote:
Charlie Jack wrote:Bearing in mind that you're the boss and can name it whatever you want:

It sounds fine to me. I think that's an accepted, conventional term, one that I see fairly often in the papers. I think it would be nice, though, if Forumosa's gays and lesbians expressed their opinions about it.


I'd personally go with LGBQT but LGBT would be ok too.



Would that be 'Q' for 'questioning' OR the more political 'Q' for 'queer?'

Maybe LGBQQT would be more appropriate :s

But hey, let's not forget the pansexuals...that would make it LGBQQTP :ponder:
Forumosan avatar
John
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
 
Posts: 607
Joined: 24 Apr 2005, 12:19
Location: Keelung
27 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)



Re: The Rainbow "U" of Forumosa

Postby Funk500 » 01 Dec 2011, 23:39

I think we should just have a forum for people who like people, and talk about the ups and downs of life and that.

oh wait..
Forumosan avatar
Funk500
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
 
Posts: 4408
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 18:28
19 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)



Re: The Rainbow "U" of Forumosa

Postby John » 01 Dec 2011, 23:44

Funk500 wrote:I think we should just have a forum for people who like people, and talk about the ups and downs of life and that.

oh wait..


Like!
Forumosan avatar
John
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
 
Posts: 607
Joined: 24 Apr 2005, 12:19
Location: Keelung
27 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)



Re: The Rainbow "U" of Forumosa

Postby rosarot » 02 Dec 2011, 01:24

jands wrote:
rosarot wrote:
Charlie Jack wrote:Bearing in mind that you're the boss and can name it whatever you want:

It sounds fine to me. I think that's an accepted, conventional term, one that I see fairly often in the papers. I think it would be nice, though, if Forumosa's gays and lesbians expressed their opinions about it.


I'd personally go with LGBQT but LGBT would be ok too.



Would that be 'Q' for 'questioning' OR the more political 'Q' for 'queer?'

Maybe LGBQQT would be more appropriate :s

But hey, let's not forget the pansexuals...that would make it LGBQQTP :ponder:


I'm happy to see that you know how to use Wikipedia.

Look. An admin of this forum has asked for opinions about which name to use for this subforum. And I gave mine. I'm a new member and have not been involved in the discussions that have obviously been going on about wether this forum is "needed" or not. Nor do I plan to take part in any in the future.

My :2cents: : I don't have any interest whatsoever in scooters, teaching english in Taiwan or the best way to hook up with as many "Taiwanese princesses" as possible. What am I gonna do? Oh wait, nobody forces me to read or post in thoses subforums. Problem solved!
Why do people say "Grow some balls."? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding! – Betty White
Forumosan avatar
rosarot
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
 
Posts: 197
Joined: 06 Nov 2011, 03:21
Location: invisible bikelane
9 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)



Re: The Rainbow "U" of Forumosa

Postby TainanCowboy » 02 Dec 2011, 08:39

rosarot wrote:Look. An admin of this forum has asked for opinions about which name to use for this subforum. And I gave mine. I'm a new member and have not been involved in the discussions that have obviously been going on about wether this forum is "needed" or not. Nor do I plan to take part in any in the future.

My :2cents: : I don't have any interest whatsoever in scooters, teaching english in Taiwan or the best way to hook up with as many "Taiwanese princesses" as possible. What am I gonna do? Oh wait, nobody forces me to read or post in thoses subforums. Problem solved!

***uptwinkles***


*note - I did NOT say 'up twinkies'...I think that phrase means something completely different..."Not that ther's anything wrong with that"

( I could have this reversed...its just all so confusing trying to keep up with things)
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 16234
Joined: 18 Jun 2004, 17:50
Location: Tainan - The Original Taiwan
103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)



Re: The Rainbow "U" of Forumosa

Postby Confuzius » 16 Jan 2012, 23:55

John wrote:
rosarot wrote:
Charlie Jack wrote:Bearing in mind that you're the boss and can name it whatever you want:

It sounds fine to me. I think that's an accepted, conventional term, one that I see fairly often in the papers. I think it would be nice, though, if Forumosa's gays and lesbians expressed their opinions about it.


I'd personally go with LGBQT but LGBT would be ok too.



Would that be 'Q' for 'questioning' OR the more political 'Q' for 'queer?'

Maybe LGBQQT would be more appropriate :s

But hey, let's not forget the pansexuals...that would make it LGBQQTP :ponder:


If you REALLY want to be inclusive and pc, its LGBTQQIA=Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex & Ally

(serious)
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
 
Posts: 1524
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 08:09
113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)



AW: Re: The Rainbow "U" of Forumosa

Postby engerim » 17 Jan 2012, 02:38

Confuzius wrote:
John wrote:
rosarot wrote:
Charlie Jack wrote:Bearing in mind that you're the boss and can name it whatever you want:

It sounds fine to me. I think that's an accepted, conventional term, one that I see fairly often in the papers. I think it would be nice, though, if Forumosa's gays and lesbians expressed their opinions about it.


I'd personally go with LGBQT but LGBT would be ok too.



Would that be 'Q' for 'questioning' OR the more political 'Q' for 'queer?'

Maybe LGBQQT would be more appropriate :s

But hey, let's not forget the pansexuals...that would make it LGBQQTP :ponder:


If you REALLY want to be inclusive and pc, its LGBTQQIA=Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex & Ally

(serious)

Why not name it ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Forumosan avatar
engerim
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
 
Posts: 1505
Joined: 01 Aug 2005, 00:54
Location: Taiwan
8 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)



Re: The Rainbow "U" of Forumosa

Postby Tempo Gain » 17 Jan 2012, 02:46

You can't get more inclusive than that!
Image
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
 
Posts: 11175
Joined: 16 Jul 2004, 22:41
Location: Taipei
301 Recommends(s)
303 Recognized(s)



Re: The Rainbow "U" of Forumosa

Postby TainanCowboy » 17 Jan 2012, 06:58

..............**uptwinkles**................
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 16234
Joined: 18 Jun 2004, 17:50
Location: Tainan - The Original Taiwan
103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)



FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext




Proceed to Feedback



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 3 visitors

Remember you must die whether you sit about moping all day long or whether on feast days you stretch out in a green field, happy with a bottle of Falernian from your innermost cellar -- HORACE