Where is the line?

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Re: Where is the line?

Postby the bear » 13 Dec 2011, 13:26

Probably worth bringing to people's attention the drop down menu under the "!" icon top right. This is new is it not? Included in the menu is a specific troll/smurf red alert. Hit this whenever you suspect smurfery/trollage is going on. And please people exercise discretion when answering obviously ridiculous questions. It wasn't the dildo that was the problem, it was the ridiculous tag-on question about an acceptable natural alternative. We might be adults but we aren't altsex.com! :cool:
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

29 Recommends(s)
106 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 13 Dec 2011, 13:37

superking wrote:In the past there was a line and when you crossed it the old guard came out and went Chicken Oriental about you crossing it. Good grammar, no trolling, no disgusting posts, no rule transgressions. People moderated each other and when the mods came in for a double dip of punishment the posters were up in arms.

Now I see a post asking where to buy a dildo, I see numerous threads with people outing each other as trolls, threads asking where the line is (ok this thread! :lol: ), people generally asking what the effing jeff is going on.

So. What the effing jeff is going on? Can we just accuse each other of trolling now? Can we just smurf with full abandon? Is Farang an acceptable put down now? And where, for Gods sake, can JOSH find himself a dildo? At what point did the thin end of the wedge become the comfortable middle?

These questions, and more, can be found in the brain of superking. The most super of all kings.

When the maocat is gone, the meese will play !
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

607 Recommends(s)
376 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Save » 13 Dec 2011, 13:38

Where do you want the line to be?
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

62 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 13 Dec 2011, 13:43

song for our bitchin bout the line :)

Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

607 Recommends(s)
376 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 13 Dec 2011, 16:45

We say "farang kinok", which mean farang with bird sh*t on it.
So farang good, but "farang kinok" not good.

That's deep man...really deep.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby TheGingerMan » 13 Dec 2011, 17:22

Toe Save wrote:Where do you want the line to be?

Over there, roughly.
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)

4 Recommends(s)
238 Recognized(s)
Gruntleness: Fully Disgruntled

Postby the bear » 13 Dec 2011, 17:35

TheGingerMan wrote:
Toe Save wrote:Where do you want the line to be?

Over there, roughly.

Bit to the left, easy does it.
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear

29 Recommends(s)
106 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Feedback