Posting allegations without sources: trolling?

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Re: Posting allegations without sources: trolling?

Postby ChewDawg » 09 Jan 2012, 04:26

Omniloquacious wrote:Betelnut, you remind me a lot of our old friend cctang. You have the same remarkable proficiency in English as a second language, the same thorough mastery of your subjects, the same style of relentless, articulate, clever and guileful argumentation, and the same doughty devotion to your and China’s cause.

I always appreciated cctang’s input to our discussions, and was sorry when he ceased posting. Likewise, I appreciate seeing your side of things posted here, no matter whether there’s much in them I subscribe to myself. I hope you will not be moderated off these forums or otherwise driven away from this site.

I think it would be rather nice if ac dropout came back to frequent this site again. Does anyone else think so, too?

Omni, I agree with you 100%. Let me weigh in with my opinion. AC dropout was one of the most intelligent posters in Taiwan Politics. Did I agree with him? For the most part, no. Did I always enjoy reading Taiwan Politics because of the contributions that posters such as AC dropout or cctang made? Yes. Is that TP forum as diverse as it once was? Nope. There is a definite loss of diversity because of the silencing of posters such as AC. Isn't the rainbow mantra "together we're better" appropriate here? :lol:

AC may have made some callous remarks about suicide. Oh well. We've all lost loved ones from cancer, heart disease and other maladies, but I wouldn't want a poster silenced because they questioned NGO fundraising tactics or mentioned that lifestyle choices may have contributed to these diseases. In other words, we're adults and don't need protection from rude remarks about suicide or any of life's challenges :lol: :lol:

The real reason I think people dislike him and moved to silence him was that he was a very articulate spokesperson for the medium to dark blue side of the political spectrum in Taiwan. He was supremely intelligent, was likely well connected in Taiwan, and had a global erudition that many of the dark-green cheerleaders on here could never possess. Jealously kills more people than cancer!

I'd love to see him return and offer scathing commentary. He was a Sino-Hitchens! :lol: :lol:
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

95 Recommends(s)
88 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 09 Jan 2012, 04:29

ChewDawg wrote: He was a Sino-Hitchens! :lol: :lol:

He was a plant. And one that wasn't well-watered.
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

888 Recommends(s)
326 Recognized(s)

Postby ChewDawg » 09 Jan 2012, 04:39

jimipresley wrote:
ChewDawg wrote: He was a Sino-Hitchens! :lol: :lol:

He was a plant. And one that wasn't well-watered.

Maybe he was, but it was still a dissenting opinion I wanted to hear. Shouldn't we be "Letting 1000 Flowers Bloom (without the crackdown)" rather than adopting 'tiananmen' tactics?

Some people on here get furious when a Taiwan survey says "Province of China" but then have no problem with other China-like tactics being used. :D I find that strange. In any case, I am hoping we read ac sometime in the near future. Would be a welcome addition.
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg

95 Recommends(s)
88 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 09 Jan 2012, 04:51

ChewDawg wrote: In any case, I am hoping we read ac in the near future.

I'm quite confident that that group-think propagandism is adequately represented by its numerous, manifest smurf accounts. :wink:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

888 Recommends(s)
326 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 09 Jan 2012, 09:19

jimipresley wrote:I'm quite confident that that group-think propagandism is adequately represented by its numerous, manifest smurf accounts. :wink:

Does that include your smurf accounts? Maybe there are so many smurf accounts because so many people have been outed by the mods who feel the need to keep stasi files on all the forum members and track their IP addresses down to even the starbucks one may be posting from. Quite frightning the site spends so much time actinng like this when they could be spending their time making the site more professional.

I was at a Hess function on Saturday night and asked many of their staff if they have smurf accounts on the flob, they were aghast that anybody thought they might post on here at all. They were mortified by that thought. Most accounts on the flob have never even made a single post, and many others have only a few posts several years ago never to be heard of again. I call them the 19500. You dream too much about smurf account jimip.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments

This post was recommended by ChewDawg (09 Jan 2012, 12:02)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

27 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby 80sStar » 09 Jan 2012, 12:31

Satellite TV wrote: I call them the 19500.

That makes them the new... 99% :lol:
have a looky "Your post is full of communist party's (sic) propaganda." "I think you are brainwashed by communist party's (sic) media,it is good for you to reset your mindset." Benjamin K 12/6/13
80sStar
Good fortune all the way! (fán róng de dào lù)

8 Recommends(s)
18 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 09 Jan 2012, 12:50

Satellite TV wrote:...I was at a Hess function on Saturday night and asked many of their staff if they have smurf accounts on the flob, they were aghast that anybody thought they might post on here at all. They were mortified by that thought.

Somehow that just doesn't come across as much of a condemnation you know. :lol:
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/

This post was recommended by 2 Forumosans: Taffy (09 Jan 2012, 13:06), tomthorne (13 Jan 2012, 08:12)
Rating: 11.76%
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

637 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 09 Jan 2012, 13:50

Muzha Man wrote:
Satellite TV wrote:...I was at a Hess function on Saturday night and asked many of their staff if they have smurf accounts on the flob, they were aghast that anybody thought they might post on here at all. They were mortified by that thought.

Dammit it all Brenda, we've gone and lost the Hess demographic. :cool:
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

25 Recommends(s)
86 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 12 Jan 2012, 22:22

Muzha Man wrote:

Quite right. There were more real people at that Hess function than there are real people on forumosa though.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

27 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby Gman » 14 Jan 2012, 11:05

Posting of scources to back up something you say is of course always usefull and lends credibility or plausibility to something you may post. However, the idea that doing so is a requirement for making a post on a given topic is patently absurd. This is a discussion forum, nothing on here is being offered for publication in any sort of journal. Some folks need to remember that the closest real life analog to this flob is a group of people shooting the shit over coffee or a beer somewhere.
Gman
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

30 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Feedback