Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Tigerman posting in red all the time

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Re: Tigerman posting in red all the time

Postby ironlady » 09 Feb 2012, 13:49

Jaboney wrote:
jdsmith wrote:Shall we start a thread on you, jabone...?

I thought this was about the annoying format of Tigerman's post: something various posters have been complaining about for a year. Not Tigerman.

Indeed.
The issue has been covered ad nauseum, including in private fora. Any and all opinions and comments about limiting or eliminating the use of extra-large fonts or colored letters, and the reasons for so doing, continue to fall on deaf ears. Mucha Man is not alone in this opinion about these textual features in forum communications.
Terry Waltz, Ph.D
Click here to Finally Learn Mandarin!
Squid for Brains Learning Games -- not your nainai's flash cards!
...although his father beat him every day, wishing him to learn the speech of Ts'e, it will be impossible for him [at least using current methods]...-Mencius
ironlady
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
In Taiwan since: 20 Jun 1984
Gruntleness: Semi-gruntled

Postby ChewDawg » 09 Feb 2012, 13:55

ironlady wrote:
Jaboney wrote:

I thought this was about the annoying format of Tigerman's post: something various posters have been complaining about for a year. Not Tigerman.

Indeed.
The issue has been covered ad nauseum, including in private fora. Any and all opinions and comments about limiting or eliminating the use of extra-large fonts or colored letters, and the reasons for so doing, continue to fall on deaf ears. Muzha Man is not alone in this opinion about these textual features in forum communications.

Interesting that the poster in the link (the Chief) complaining about font size and color has no problem in telling posters repeatedly to "fuck off"--often in block letters. :lol:
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
ChewDawg
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

Postby jdsmith » 09 Feb 2012, 13:55

ironlady wrote:
Jaboney wrote:

Indeed.
The issue has been covered ad nauseum, including in private fora. Any and all opinions and comments about limiting or eliminating the use of extra-large fonts or colored letters, and the reasons for so doing, continue to fall on deaf ears. Muzha Man is not alone in this opinion about these textual features in forum communications.

So, it's settled then? Ipso facto. :lol:
Your warning level: [1]
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby Tigerman » 09 Feb 2012, 13:57

ironlady wrote:...and the reasons for so doing, continue to fall on deaf ears.

What are those reasons?
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby TainanCowboy » 09 Feb 2012, 16:53

The facts are, this isn't about T-Mans use of red fonts or bold fonts or larger lettering. Its about MM not liking what T-Man has to say in his posts.

Once again, MM uses a SOP for venting his indignation at a forum member he disagrees with:
He picks T-Man as his target
Freezes his target by this public thread
Personalizes T-Man by continuous harping
Attempts to polarize opinion against T-Mans posting method (see who runs to ally with MM)

As is shown, this polarization of the forum is happening - some align with MM - some align with T-Man.

Anyway, IMO, this is a silly and divisive thread....but I do not favor censoring MMs right to post such trivialities.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby Jaboney » 09 Feb 2012, 16:57

Tigerman wrote:Its curious that the only ones complaining are the folks who disagree with the content of my posts.

TainanCowboy wrote:The facts are, this isn't about T-Mans use of red fonts or bold fonts or larger lettering. Its about MM not liking what T-Man has to say in his posts.

And the chief, myself, dan2006, antarcticbeech, Tempo Gain, iron lady, et al, etc? Please.
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby TainanCowboy » 09 Feb 2012, 17:01

Jaboney wrote:
TainanCowboy wrote:The facts are, this isn't about T-Mans use of red fonts or bold fonts or larger lettering. Its about MM not liking what T-Man has to say in his posts.

And the chief, myself, dan2006, antarcticbeech, Tempo Gain, iron lady, et al, etc? Please.

Covered in #4 in my post.

And please, lets stick to issues in this thread.
Withhold the ancillary arguments
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby dasaint » 09 Feb 2012, 17:13

MODs flamefest :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
I'm back!
dasaint
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby Tigerman » 09 Feb 2012, 18:05

Jaboney wrote:And the chief, myself, dan2006, antarcticbeech, Tempo Gain, iron lady, et al, etc? Please.

For the record, and to be accurate...

dan2006 did not specifically complaint about my posting in colors. He complained instead of a general decrease in posting quality, which could refer to your posts, MM's posts, and or my posts. But, unless he clarifies, we just don't know. Do we?

Tempo Gain in fact stated Tigerman's usage of [the font tools provided at this site] is reasonable.

I don't know who you refer to as et al and or etc... ?

The Chief complained once (maybe twice, but not strenuously or very seriously) and then until yesterday or the day before has not been on F.com for quite a long time. And I know for a fact that my posting style is not the reason for the chief's lengthy absense from this site.

So, who are you actually left with complaining about my posting style with colors? Let's see:

Jaboney
ironlady
MuchaMan
antarcticbeech

Let's try to be more accurate when we make accusations and argument, shall we? Please? :wink:
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby engerim » 09 Feb 2012, 18:15

we could add a feature that disables displaying the colors. Bold, underline and different font sizes would stay though.
engerim
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Feedback