Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Why am I seeing the warning message for Forumosa.com?

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Google Warning Not To Visit Forumosa

Postby Fox » 13 Feb 2012, 16:19

I just got a warning from Google not to visit forumosa because forumosa.org is spreading malware.

What gives?
"When liberty comes with hands dabbled in blood it is hard to shake hands with her." Wilde

"I don't know where the sun beams end and the star light begins. It's all a mystery." Flaming Lips

"a man's position here is not ruled so much by what he can earn as by what he can owe and still remain at large." Letters of a Shanghai Griffin

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." George Carlin

The American oligarchy spares no pains in promoting the belief that it does not exist, but the success of its disappearing act depends on equally strenuous efforts on the part of an American public anxious to believe in egalitarian fictions and unwilling to see what is hidden in plain sight.
redbubble
http://www.planetediting.com
Forumosan avatar
Fox
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

62 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Re: Google Warning Not To Visit Forumosa

Postby TainanCowboy » 13 Feb 2012, 16:37

So...

don't visit "forumosa.org"....simple enough
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Why am I seeing the warning message for Forumosa.com?

Postby Isha » 13 Feb 2012, 16:46

Hi,

Since this morning, every time I try to open Forumosa.com on Google Chrome, I get a warning message for malware, pasted below. Is there some problem with the website?

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

www.forumosa.com contains content from forumosa.org, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified forumosa.org that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on forumosa.org, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

If you understand that visiting this site may harm your computer, proceed anyway.

Help improve detection of malware by sending additional data to Google about sites on which you see this warning. This data will be handled in accordance with the Safe Browsing privacy policies.
Isha
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Re: Why am I seeing the warning message for Forumosa.com?

Postby engerim » 13 Feb 2012, 17:26

Forumosan avatar
engerim
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

8 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby 914 » 13 Feb 2012, 17:41

I'm getting the same message every time I click on something.
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 14 Feb 2012, 17:56

I can't click on the first page of this thread. I get all kinds of screaming malware warnings.
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

998 Recommends(s)
378 Recognized(s)

Postby Isha » 14 Feb 2012, 18:05

jimipresley wrote:I can't click on the first page of this thread. I get all kinds of screaming malware warnings.

I started the thread but I can't see the first page either. It does show off in "own" posts.
Isha

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Battery9 » 14 Feb 2012, 19:58

it's propably not from Google. Most sites have malware and I've never seen my computer react in a 'woahhh duddde something's not righto'.
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

27 Recognized(s)

Malware on Forumosa?

Postby lumka1 » 14 Feb 2012, 20:56

Recently, when I try to visit this site, Google Chrome blocks me and advices me on malware on this site. Anything to be worried about?
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!’” ~Hunter S. Thompson
Forumosan avatar
lumka1
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

3 Recognized(s)

Re: Malware on Forumosa?

Postby GoWest » 14 Feb 2012, 21:01

lumka1 wrote:Recently, when I try to visit this site, Google Chrome blocks me and advices me on malware on this site. Anything to be worried about?

Likewise.....
Gowest - Importers of Authentic Premium British Beers & Ciders.

PM or email - sales@gowestenterprise.com
http://www.gowestenterprise.com
GoWest
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Feedback