Introducing: Stewart Pendous - Forumosa's own BD Director

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Introducing: Stewart Pendous - Forumosa's own BD Director

Postby goose egg » 08 Mar 2012, 01:11

Hi Folks

I would like to introduce Stewart Pendous as Forumosa's Director of Business Development. You might recognize "Stew" as his alter ego, Toe Save. Over the past few months, we have been discussing new directions Forumosa could take, and I am grateful for his time and impressed with his enthusiasm

Long-time Forumosans may be surprised at Stew's official capacity at Forumosa. At times, he has been very critical of the website. Yet, no one can deny his passion for the Forumosan community. His unique perspective has been invaluable as we re-look at Forumosa.

In the hope of getting to know the community beyond the website, Stew may reach out to you -- online and offline - for direct feedback, suggestions, and thoughts. Please be candid and open with him. We have made plenty of progress behind the scenes, and are excited about sharing what we have done and what is in the works.

Excelsior!

g.

"When life is meaningless, life is cheap"
- finley
Image Filipinos sa Taiwan LinkedIn Group
Forumosan avatar
goose egg
Forumosa Admin

ORIGINAL POSTER
105 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 09 Sep 1992

Re: Introducing: Stewart Pendous - Forumosa's own BD Director

Postby superking » 08 Mar 2012, 01:30

Best of luck. I hope wherever you sail the shrimp are bounteous. The legend that is The Toe is a man of many strengths.

Might I suggest posting under one name though? Adflobsales, ToeSave and Stu Pendous is too much for this soldier to keep track of.

Cazart, bon chance and onwards and upwards to you all. Best of British. :UK:
There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people is an extra. They're all leads in their own stories.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
superking
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

102 Recommends(s)
346 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 08 Mar 2012, 09:01

As an ardent capitalist I am glad to see, and possibly support, anyones' effort to make a buck, or more, when they can.

Having said that, I gotta ask...When is this "smurf" shit gonna end?

Good Luck Forumosa.com and "Stew."
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 08 Mar 2012, 10:31

Stewart Pendous is kind of a Stewart Pid name, if ya ken what I be on aboot.

But good luck in your money making ventures, this site has potential.
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

93 Recommends(s)
468 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Save » 08 Mar 2012, 11:31

Thanks guys. Thanks Gus. I realize that to some (many?) of you, this seems very strange. No one is more shocked than I. But, Gus is expressing a lot of faith in me and I am not going to let him down. If you know anything about Gus, you'll know him to be a shrewd businessman and he has seen something in me (the new me?) that gives him the confidence to place that faith in moi.

And I am not alone in Gus' outer office. We are assembling a braintrust of some of the finest entrepreneurial minds in Taiwan. Over the coming weeks we will be rolling out a new look flob with a family of sites designed to enhance your experience on the flob, attract more visitors and generally increase our presence on the www. Did you know that we are in the top 80K of all websites?

Together. we have an opportunity to grow this community into one of the most powerful voices in Asia. We are Taiwan's internet gateway to the world and it's time we took our place as The Deacon of Beacons.

Now let's get this party started.

I'm posting this as Toe Save to shed some light on smurfing. Introducing Corporate User IDs. Or Flob's own Citizens United decision.

Anyone with a business in Taiwan may now register a CID which will be emblazoned in a lovely greenish hue. This gives them access to our new Sponsors Only forum of which I am mod. In there, they can discuss issues and ideas with other entrepeneurs or express concerns about our site somewhat privately. Here is where they will be trained in the use of the various platforms that make us tick, and coached on the savviest ways to make the internet their beeyatch.

They may also have a regular user ID that allows them to participate in all the good banter herein. The CID speaks for their company and their normal ID speaks for their individual selves. So, when I have something official to say from Flob HQ, I'll post as SP. If I wanna talk hockey or fight with jd, I'll post as TS. Smurfing two or more regular accounts is still contra-indicated and anyone caught with a smurf account will be subject to mod review.

Please welcome our new corporate sponsors graciously. They will know of flob's penchant for brutal honesty coming in and they welcome your feedback. Please prepare your feedback constructively. We don't want haters hating for hate's sake, nu?

To that end, we are also encouraging businesses to incentivize our community to try their wares. In the near future, we will be rolling out a program called Flobsters in which members in good standing will receive a card that introduces you to businesses around the island which will offer you a unique discount. I'll have more on this later.

I am learning more backstage these last 4 months than I did in all 6 years of uni. Gus is really the schizzle. I know he is very quiet on the boards, but trust me when I say, he is very active behind the scenes. The Flob ain't going anywhere.... but up.
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

62 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 08 Mar 2012, 12:19

Gus, I have often wondered why you didn't take the site into the land of the black, and I am very glad you have decided to do so now. Too bad it didn't happen a few years back as I would have been more than happy to invest my time and money in it. I can't think of a better way to make money than to get other people to do most of the work for free and get advertisers to pay for the platform and secure all the power at the top. The modern world, eh? Virtual, yo! Go figure. :lol: :bravo:

Candidly, and I guess it's best to just get it out of the way, I can't say I concur with you choice of vehicles to promote and further the site. In fact, I believe you're inviting a colossal train wreck in the end, but hey, I have always said that Taiwan is the land of undeserved opportunity. :thumbsup:

I think my time online is about done and it's been fun, but it's time to go. I'll sling you a line on FB and maybe we'll get to a Bombers game in Yonkers in the future. I thank you for allowing me to return from the void. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 08 Mar 2012, 20:10

Goose Egg wrote:Hi Folks I would like to introduce Stewart Pendous as Forumosa's Director of Business Development.

Well I posted a legitimate question.

As you now have a Director of Business Deveoplment can you let us know where the business is registered, and if in Taiwan will corporate sponsors will get a local Taiwan Fapio for payments?
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby Adflob Sales » 08 Mar 2012, 20:16

Satellite TV wrote:... if in Taiwan will corporate sponsors will get a local Taiwan Fapio for payments?

Yes.
Stew
Advertising Sales Manager
Forumosa.com
0912-910-500
sales@adflob.com
Adflob Sales
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

3 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 08 Mar 2012, 20:32

Stewart Pendous wrote:
Satellite TV wrote:... if in Taiwan will corporate sponsors will get a local Taiwan Fapio for payments?

Yes.

So Forumosa is a registered business in Taiwan then?
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

Postby Adflob Sales » 08 Mar 2012, 21:02

Satellite TV wrote:
Stewart Pendous wrote:

Yes.

So Forumosa is a registered business in Taiwan then?

Is there another way to issue fapios?
Stew
Advertising Sales Manager
Forumosa.com
0912-910-500
sales@adflob.com
Adflob Sales

3 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Feedback